bible3.gif

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

New Living Translation (NLT)

24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hes disciplining us to run this race and win it. That u lord. Im ur eagle

• "JESUS NEVER INTENDED FOR US TO RUN THIS RACE WITH OUR FEET TIED TOGETHER'

Amen Spiritual Daughter, and Pastor Teyshana Wiley. The scriptures often depict the christian life as a race, which is a good analogy. After all in our spiritual walk, we have a clear PATH set before us ( Jere. 29:11 ) A CROWD OF SPECTATORS ( Heb.12:1 ), A DEFINITE FINISH LINE (2 Tim 4:7 ), and A PRIZE ( 1 Corinthians 9:24 ), as well as of course obstacles. ( John 16: 33), To truly understand what our role is in this great race, we need to take a close look at those things that hinder our success. (Heb 12:1-3 challenges us to lay aside our ENCUMBRANCES and ENTANGLEMENTS. ( encumbrances) is simply something that weighs us down, Have you ever seen a marathon runner, running while wearing a heavy backpack? in fact a good runner is aware of every ounce on his person-from body weight- to T-shirt-to running shoes. He knows that even the slightest bit of extra weight will make his run tougher and slower. And an entanglement, obviously, is anything that tangles you up. Imagine a runner who, in the middle of his race, accidentally steps on a pile of loose rope and all of a sudden, his stride is broken, and his feet are caught in a dangerous web. While he doesn't want to loose any time by stopping, he knows that running with his feet tied is impossible!  So he stops, untangles his feet, and then resumes the race. Just think of how much productive time he has lost. As believers, we all face encumbrances and entanglements at some point in our spiritual walk. Guilt, regret, fear, and doubt can weigh us down, just as sin, deceit, temptation, and selfish ambition can trip  us up, unless we stop and lay down encumbrances and step out of entanglements, crossing the finish line victoriously is practically Impossible. Jesus never intended for us to run the race while carrying a heavy load on our backs or with our feet tied together. That's why HE CAME,------ to take our burdens from us and to clear the weeds and vines from our paths.

This reply was deleted.