soundSelf-Imposed

Then we come to another tremendously important area. Perhaps the most common of all, what I call self-imposed curses. People pronounce curses on themselves. In Genesis 27 we have the story of how Isaac was going to bless Esau and the mother Rebekah who is the first Yiddish yamama, if you know what Yiddish yamama is, switched them and she got Jacob acting like Esau and claiming the blessing.  Jacob wasn’t reluctant but he was afraid and he said this in verse 11: 

“Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, Look, Esau my brother is a hairy man and I am a smooth skinned man. Perhaps my father will feel me and I shall seem to be a deceiver to him and I shall bring a curse on myself and not a blessing. But his mother said to him, Let your curse be on me, my son.” 

She took on herself the curse that would have been to Jacob. It was a self-imposed curse. If you go to the end of the chapter, just the last verse, you’ll find Rebekah beginning to use very negative language about herself. Rebekah said to Isaac in verse 46: 

“I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth: if Jacob takes a wife of the daughters of Heth, like those who are daughters of the land, what good will my life be to me?” 

“I’m tired of living. What’s the good of living?” That’s a typical statement by somebody who is under a curse. See? Never permit yourself to say that. Don’t make negative statements about yourself. Don’t say I’ll never be able to do this. I never succeed. I’m no use. I’m a failure. I just can’t take it anymore. And then you go on and you say I wish I were dead. I’d be better off dead. Do you know what you’re doing? You’re inviting the spirit of death. And he doesn’t take many invitations. 

Ruth and I have dealt with countless people who needed to be delivered from the spirit of death because they’d invited it, they imposed a curse upon themselves. And we’ve learned one beautiful verse that has helped hundreds of people. I’ll share it with you, Psalm 118:17: 

“I shall not die, but live, and declare [or proclaim] the works of the Lord.” 

If you have made a negative remark about yourself, if you’ve imposed something negative on yourself, you need to revoke it by the positive. You see, as a remarkable example you know that Peter denied three times he knew the Lord. Later on after the resurrection beside the Sea of Galilee Jesus had a personal talk with Peter. And three times he said, “Do you love me?” He made Peter affirm three times that he loved him. Why did he do that? Because Peter had to revoke the negative statements he’d made before the crucifixion. See? So if we’ve said something negative and brought some dark shadow over us, we need to revoke the negative and replace it by the positive. And this verse is a perfect one. “I shall not die . . .” It doesn’t mean you’ll never die but it means that Satan is not going to kill you before your time. 

“I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.” I think it would be good for all of us to say that. The first time you say it after me. “I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.” Now let’s all say it together this time. “I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.” Once more. “I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.” Now saying that may change the destiny of your life. 

All right. Let’s go on to another example, the great tragedy of the Jewish history. In Matthew 27 Jesus is before Pilate and Pilate is willing to release him. We read in Matthew 27:24–25: 

“When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather a tumult was rising, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: you see to it. And all the people answered and said, His blood be on us and on our children.” 

What’s that? A self-imposed curse. The great tragedy of Jewish history. And by those words a strand of tragedy was woven into Jewish history which was run for nineteen centuries. What a lesson not to say the wrong thing about ourselves. 

I pointed out to you previously that God had protected Abraham against curses. He said, “Anyone that curses you, I will curse.” There’s just one area that God could not protect the Jewish people from, from themselves. And that’s true in our lives many times. God can protect us from everything except what we say about ourselves.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is so true. Many times instead of speaking life over ourselves we speak death. We say negative things sometimes by habit. Lord help us to stop being our own enemy.

Lord help us to declare what you have said about us.

• I am grateful for my our will but I pray everything in our lives  align with God's will.

• I can remember when I would just say anything, but someone cared enough about me to share this scripture

Proverbs 18:21

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.  I now pass this on to my children and grandchildren.  We must at all times be careful what comes out of our mouth, making sure it aligns with what God says, never allowing the enemy to get hold of our tongue. Especially, when raising children. I have heard so many parents curse their children and get so full of  themselves,  while disciplining  children and say things that will curse them, well the devil is a liar.  Learn to take back those words and replace them with truth.  Hallelujah  I am glad as Peter was able to recant what he said about Jesus we too can do the same things.

• "I SHALL NOT DIE, BUT LIVE, AND DECLARE (PROCLAIM) THE WORKS OF THE LORD."
    I CANCEL EVERY NEGATIVE WORD CURSE I HAVE SPOKEN OVER MY LIFE. ESPECIALLY CONCERNING MY SELF IMAGE. IN JESUS NAME!
    Great read.
    Anj
  • “I shall not die, but live, and declare, and proclaim the works of the Lord.” These words shall not fall to the ground in Jesus name amen.

I shall not die, but live, and declare, and proclaim the works of the Lord.” These words shall not fall to the ground in Jesus name amen.

I shall not die, but live, and declare, and  proclaim the works of the Lord.” These words shall not fall to the ground in Jesus name amen.  This is my story, and this my song. Praising my Savior all the days long.  Feeling like Peter!  Jesus asked him three times do you love me.  Yes Lord God I love you.....

• Revelation.  God has really been dealing with me about training my children about curses.  Not just self imposed curses but those that people speak over them.  I have taught my children how to rebuke, cast out, and binding.  Thank you Lord,  as you are always timely, even with the obvious lesson date.  A timely word for my soul and my family as well.

• Wow people will pronounce a curse on their own lives, we should never speak negative about ourselves, never say what we can't do, because we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, we should never speak failure over our life, and never wish death upon your life because their is life and death in the power of the tongue and we only invite the spirit of death to invade our lives, we need to speak life, I shall live and not die until I proclaim the works of the Lord. We have to always speak in a positive way in order to see things manifest in our lives, in order to be successful, powerful, and bear fruits.

• Psalms 118:17 I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord. The natural world they can hurt or heal one's feelings and attitudes. However, in the spiritual world they are containers of power that can change your life, direct your future, and allow you to get your life in line with God's Will! Words can carry God's Power to literally heal your body, bring financial blessing to your circumstances, and bring the promises of God's Word into this natural realm to bless you and your family!  God desires that you speak those things that are not as though they were.  I heard a Bishop once say, "Prophecy your day, each day that you wake up in a sound mind good will, prosperity health and strength".  Rebuke those that speak ill will and travesty over your life.  

• I rebuke all negative talk about my self and all curse that I and my mother has spoken over my life in Jesus Name.the tongue have power we must use is for the good.
  • Psalms 11:3 In the multitude of words sin is not lacking, But he who restrains his lips is wise. The tongue of the righteous is choice silver; the heart of the wicked is worth little. The lips of the righteous feed many, But fools die for lack of wisdom. (Prov. 15:2) The tongue of the wise uses knowledge , but the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness. The tongue is untamable. (James 3:1-12 for your reading). An uncontrollable tongue can defile the WHOLE BODY. or the whole person, and the entire course of life. NO MAN CAN TAME THE TONGUE: The instincts of animals can be subdued through conditioning and punishment, but the sinful nature that inspires evil words is beyond our control. Only the work of THE HOLY SPIRIT within us can bring this destructive force under control. We must practice controlling what we say. Once it is said we can't take it back even if we apologize, it is still heard, hurtful and harming, if it is negative and derogatory. What we say and what we don't say are both important. Proper speech is not only saying the right words at the right time, but also the controlling our desire to say what we shouldn't. We are all guilty of wrongly using the tongue including self imposing curses and also gossiping, putting others down, bragging, manipulating, false teaching, exaggerating, complaining, flattering, and lying. Before we speak ask ourselves " Is it true, is it kind, is it helpful, is it necessary. I have opened my mouth many times and imposed curses upon my self unknowingly. Lord I denounce every one of them. I confess that " I shall live, and not die, and declare the WORKS of THE LORD". In the powerful demon destroying, curse breaking name of Jesus Christ My Lord, My God and My Savior. I Pray that the lord will teach us how to speak and what to speak, and when to speak, over our lives and the lives of His people. In that blessed  All Powerful Name of Jesus Christ. Son of the Living God.....Mother enjoyed all she read from each one of your responses, God is elevating us to a higher level of Wisdom, Knowledge, Understanding, and Encouragement for ourselves and for the Body of Christ. Thank You Lord, we sincerely Thank You. And thank God for our Pastor Teshana Wiley who diligently search to find what we need in order to be effective, accurate, and precise in our ministry that we have been assigned to by our Heavenly Father. To God be the glory, for the wonderful things He has done. He has done great things where in we are glad.

This reply was deleted.