Replies

• From birth  Moses  was separated and  raised with the Egyptians and learned there ways, but there was always something missing from the time he seen a slave being beaten.

When Moses  first spoke to God in the buring bush, God begin to show  Moses just how anointed he was.

Moses was a friend of God, he was faithful to God and most of all he had a relationship with God. Moses spent time with God, just like Abraham, Enoch and Noah. These people ministered  to God and spent time with him.

The only reason Moses did not get into the promise land was, because God told him to speak the rock instead he hit out of anger and he broke the commandments  out of anger.
    Moses was an awesome man of  God.
  • I think Moses was such a powerful prophet because he trusted God. His relationship with God was so close because God spoke to him face to face. I can walk with God and be effective as Moses by keeping a close relationship with God and trusting God to do what people think is impossible, but most of all by staying in the face of God.
  • I believe Moses was such a powerful and effective Prophet because he was trained by God and his mandate was great. His relationship with God was so close because it was hands on and very unique. He had what no one else had ever really experienced other than Adam and Eve. God hand picked him and worked His mighty hand through him with his handicap God showed His strength. My walk can be just as effective as Moses as long as I remember with Christ ALL things are possible no matter what it looks like to man or in the natural realm God has the final say always.

• Moses was such a powerful and effective prophet, because of his faith and obedience in the Lord.  He was chosen to lead the children of the Lord to the promised land.  He knew God was always there with him every step of the way.  Exodus 19: 1-25 NIV talks about God talking to Moses on Mount Sinai, consecrating the people for 3 days before the Lord visits them and putting restrictions on them to keep them from being put to death for not obeying what God told Moses to tell them to do.  Moses had a special relationship with the Lord, because, he was called, anointed and appointed by God to lead his people from captivity to the promise land.  When God told him this, he accepted it and did what God told him to do in order to get their release from the Egyptians.  If they didn't have special relationship, Moses would have been consumed by God every time he entered his presence.  Moses had faith and trusted God every step of the way on their journey to the promised land.  Moses did not in my opinion show any fear of the unknown, because he knew God was always there with him.

I can walk effectively like Moses did by consecrating myself every time I enter the presence of the Lord.  I have to take my walk and relationship serious with the Lord at all times.  I have to listen, open my spiritual eyes and allow the Lord to lead me in the direction he wants me to go.  I have to say exactly what the Lord tells me to say without allowing fear to enter my spirit.  Most importantly, my life should lead others to Christ.

I learned a lot from Moses special relationship with the Lord.  Each time I read about God and Moses relationship, I get fresh revelation from the Lord on the scriptures that covers this.

• Leave a comment, why was Moses such a powerful and effective Prophet? Why was his relationship with God so close? How can your walk with God be as effective as Moses?

Moses:

Moses was such a powerful and effective leader because God found favor with Moses and chose him to lead His people out of Egypt.   God allowed Moses to be raised by Pharaoh’s daughter (despite Pharos’s death mandate of children in his age/classification group) with all the rights and privileges apprehension there to.  God gave Moses instructions and he was obedient in relation to the same.  God gave Moses the desire of His heart and he was inspired (despite initial reluctance) to submit to God’s will. 

Why was Moses such a powerful and effective Prophet?

Moses was such a powerful and effective Prophet (leader) because God found favor with Moses and chose him to lead His people out of Egypt.   God allowed Moses to be raised by Pharaoh’s daughter (despite Pharos’s death mandate for children in his age/classification) with all the rights and privileges apprehension there to.  God gave Moses instructions and he was obedient in relation to the same.  God gave Moses the desire of His heart and he was inspired (despite initial reluctance) to submit to God’s will

Why was his relationship with God so close?

I am of the opinion that Moses relationship with God was so close because of the aforementioned to wit the fact that God had a covenant (God remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob" /Exod. 2:24) with the Jewish people.  Ironically enough said covenant is often referred to as the Mosaic covenant.  God is not a respecter of persons.  Historically God’s character and attributes attest to the fact that at times because of His covenant God’s dispensations posses an era of elasticity as it is applicable to humanity.  Thus was the case with Moses.  However, true to God’s form mercy and grace abounds as He continues to be just.  God keeping the Jewish community in the desert for an additional forty years attest to that truth.       

How can your walk with God be as effective as Moses?

Ones walk with God can be as effective as Moses by accepting Christ as his/her personal savior and submitting to the will of God to include but not limited to being obedient.  Contemporary theology must be placated on co-crucifixion (justification/grace) while acknowledging the Law (mosaic) visa via Christ did not come to do away with the LAW.  Should our memories serve us correctly, the tablets that the Ten Commandments were written on came directly from God literally during Moses walk with Him.  Let us not forget that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  I am compelled to believe that our faith in God (as was the case with Moses) is a non-negotiable intrinsic in respect to a close walk with God. It is sufficient to note that faith with out works is dead

We must open up our mouths and worship Him (pray, sing, dance, play musical instruments, speak in tongue, flow, etc.).   With in the context of the totality of circumstances, Moses modeled what a close walk with God looked like.   

• I can walk close to God by seeking God and always desiring God to go with me every where. Always understanding who God is. Always !

Moses was a powerful and effective prophet because he answered the call. Even in his insecurities he answered and he continued his dialogue with God through the process and always sought God to God with him and the people throughout their journey. He was a mediator on the behalf of the people he walked in grace and love towards the people of God.  

• I believe Moses was such a powerful and effective Prophet because He was obedient to the voice of the Lord. Moses had crazy faith. He trusted God even when he couldn't see his way. Moses had no one but God on his side. He was leading such a multitude  of people to a land that God promised them, without clear direction. He didn't have a road map or google the only GPS he had was Gods voice. He had to make sure he didn't miss God, because he was responsible for many. Moses suffered much, but he still trusted God.

Learning to trust God with every fiber of my being, leads to being obedient and always available to God. Even though sometimes I don't see my way, persecution, betrayal, and heart ache come, I will still be willing to follow Christ. Understanding that my life is not my own and I have an assignment here on earth as God's oracle and that people are waiting, watching, and following my lead. I want to make sure like Moses I will stand through it all, so God will say "well done my God and faithful servant! Also recognizing I don't always have to understand what God is instructing me to do to obey.

I Get joy just thinking about how many lives that I have already effected and that I will  effect with just my life  style alone. Then to think that God has called us to many nations, to speak a word to set His people free. I'm humbled and obedient to yield my all to God.

• Moses was chosen from birth to do the will  of God and because of his obedience, and praying and communion with God, he followed God, even when the people began to murmur and complain he would still seek God out and he listened to God, he was faithful

• Lets look at the beginning of his life. His life was spared from the Nile River and his mother hide him and then she placed him in a basket. As he floated across the river she sent his sister to watch after him. When Pharaoh's daughter saw the basket and pulled him out there was his sister. This young man was still nursed and had contact with his mother. Moses had an assignment attached to him from birth and every time the enemy attempted to destroy him God had a plan. After murder, running and then coming back and still scared God still used him. Due to his obedience and his willingness to hear God Moses was able to listen to the voice of God and tell the people what He said. Moses spent time with God, he listen to Him and I do believe by him seeing how Pharaoh treat his people he had compassion for those who were mistreated. When Moses went up on the mountain and heard Gods voice and commandment Moses was swift to give instructions from God and he was not concerned about what other's thought it was Gods way or no way. Much like Moses we all have an assignment attached to us and I am going to use this illustration as one to get strength from. Spending time with God will increase my spiritual maturity, it will help me be bold in God, it when I am told to do something obedience is the key to kingdom building. 

• Moses was a powerful and effective leader because he put God first in everything he did....he stayed before God, praying for wisdom.  He was obedient and he trusted God with everything he had and this was pleasing in God's eyesight.

I want to be like Moses, so I have changed my life up, spending quality time with God, developing a stronger Prayer life . fasting and trusting God to do what he promised he would do.  I've humbled myself before him and I have surrendered my all to him.....Praise God...

This reply was deleted.