What is Love? The American Heritage Dictionary says that love is: A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness. What is the God-kind of love? 1John 4:8 " He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." Romans 13:10 "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour : therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law." Galatians 5:22-23 says "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Therefore, love is one of the nine graces possessed and manifested in the character of a christian. Love, along with the other graces taken together, present a moral portrait of Christ. Colossians 3:14"And above all these things [put on] charity , which is the bond of perfectness." Perfectness, therefore, comes through our commitment to the God-kind of love flowing through our lives. With this kind of love within us, it's easy to forbear and forgive. 1 John 2:5 "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him." 1Corinthians 13:1-7 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity , I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity , I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity , it profiteth me nothing. 4 Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. " Hebrews 13:1 " Let brotherly love continue." Brotherly love is the love we cherish as christians among ourselves. If we keep the commandments of God, then we are going to show forth this brotherly love in our every day lives. John 15:9 " As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love." John 15:10 " If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –