OLD TESTAMENT NAMES FOR GOD

ELOHIM......Genesis 1:1Psalm 19:1meaning "God", a reference to God's power and might.

ADONAI......Malachi 1:6meaning "Lord", a reference to the Lordship of God.

JEHOVAH--YAHWEH.....Genesis 2:4a reference to God's divine salvation.

JEHOVAH-MACCADDESHEM.......Exodus 31:13meaning "The Lord thy sanctifier"

JEHOVAH-ROHI......Psalm 23:1meaning "The Lord my shepherd"

JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH.......Ezekiel 48:35meaning "The Lord who is present"

JEHOVAH-RAPHA.........Exodus 15:26meaning "The Lord our healer"

JEHOVAH-TSIDKENU......Jeremiah 23:6meaning "The Lord our righteousness"

JEHOVAH-JIREH.........Genesis 22:13-14meaning "The Lord will provide"

JEHOVAH-NISSI.........Exodus 17:15meaning "The Lord our banner"

JEHOVAH-SHALOM........Judges 6:24meaning "The Lord is peace"

JEHOVAH-SABBAOTH......Isaiah 6:1-3meaning "The Lord of Hosts"

JEHOVAH-GMOLAH........Jeremiah 51:6meaning "The God of Recompense"

EL-ELYON..............Genesis 14:17-20,Isaiah 14:13-14meaning "The most high God

EL-ROI................Genesis 16:13meaning "The strong one who sees"

EL-SHADDAI............Genesis 17:1,Psalm 91:1meaning "The God of the mountains or God Almighty"EL-OLAM...............Isaiah 40:28-31meaning "The everlasting God"rdhrtline.gif

MORE NAMES OF GOD--Father, Son, Holy Spirit

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

• RABBONI (TEACHER)........................John 20:16
  • RADIANCE OF GOD'S GLORY..................Heb.1:3
  • REDEEMER.................................Job 19:25
  • REFINER'S FIRE...........................Malachi 3:2
  • REFUGE...................................Jeremiah 16:19
  • RESURRECTION.............................John 11:25
  • REWARDER.................................Hebrews 11:6
  • RIGHTEOUS ONE............................1 John 2:1
  • ROCK.....................................1 Cor.10:4
  • ROOT OF DAVID............................Rev. 22:16
  • ROSE OF SHARON...........................Song 2:1
  • RULER OF GOD'S CREATION..................Rev. 3:14
  • RULER OVER KINGS OF EARTH................Rev 1:5
  • RULER OVER ISRAEL........................Micah 5:2

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

• VINE......................................John 15:5

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have something similar to this in my bible, a great great tool and reference for quick reading and understanding, thank you for sharing. 

• Wow I am overwhelmed.  God said your over flow.  This is truly overflow.  I will be able to withstand some fiery darts with this list.  There is power in HIS presence and in his Word.  Thank you, Pastor Wiley for this is a good grocery list of food to gather and eat.  Praise be to God. 

• The Bible and God is truly the blue print to live my life by, as much as I read the word of God I never really realized that he has been called so many names in the bible, he is truly everything that I need to sustain my life, my family lives, my co-workers, friends, and sinners. God is everything we need in the word from A-Z, this is a guide to use when we are calling on his name in any type of situation we can face today, I thank God for all that is being revealed to me through these assignments he never seems to amaze me knowledge is truly powerful.

• This is just truly amazing. Breath taking. A Wall of fire!!!! Yes Lord!!!!
  • God is everything I need Him to be. There is no lack in His Sovereignty. Another thing I need to print so that I won't forget in the times of trouble God has my back.
  • It is amazing to know that he is everything we need. No matter what I am going through he can take it all away. One God but so many things roll up into one. I would not trade this experience for nothing in THIS world. My God, My God. It's new mercies I seek daily.

• Yes lord the Anointing came when I started to read the names of God. i'm about to go up.

• My God from on HIGH, Glory be to God for His Majestic Majesty, His Sovereignty, Greatness, Power Splendor, Dignity, Grandeur, Lord God Almighty. This list touched the core of my heart so powerfully that  I couldn't sit still any longer at my desk, I had to stop and praise Him, after Mother finished crying. Who wouldn't want to serve Him? Lord if they only knew who it is they are denying a personal relationship with. That's why we MUST tell them, any body and everybody that will listen and pray for those who won"t. We have to plant the seed, someone else water the seed, and GOD will give the increase. I to will make this list my treasure as everyone else has said. I will learn these names and scriptures and store them in the treasure chest  of my heart, Thank You Jesus. I am so glad to be of service. 

• Amen, yes I love this study it is a Treasure that God have given us from his HEART...

• I agree, yes this absolutely beautiful and a treasure. I read this list and have added more to memory. He is all things to all people!
This reply was deleted.