OLD TESTAMENT NAMES FOR GOD

ELOHIM......Genesis 1:1Psalm 19:1meaning "God", a reference to God's power and might.

ADONAI......Malachi 1:6meaning "Lord", a reference to the Lordship of God.

JEHOVAH--YAHWEH.....Genesis 2:4a reference to God's divine salvation.

JEHOVAH-MACCADDESHEM.......Exodus 31:13meaning "The Lord thy sanctifier"

JEHOVAH-ROHI......Psalm 23:1meaning "The Lord my shepherd"

JEHOVAH-SHAMMAH.......Ezekiel 48:35meaning "The Lord who is present"

JEHOVAH-RAPHA.........Exodus 15:26meaning "The Lord our healer"

JEHOVAH-TSIDKENU......Jeremiah 23:6meaning "The Lord our righteousness"

JEHOVAH-JIREH.........Genesis 22:13-14meaning "The Lord will provide"

JEHOVAH-NISSI.........Exodus 17:15meaning "The Lord our banner"

JEHOVAH-SHALOM........Judges 6:24meaning "The Lord is peace"

JEHOVAH-SABBAOTH......Isaiah 6:1-3meaning "The Lord of Hosts"

JEHOVAH-GMOLAH........Jeremiah 51:6meaning "The God of Recompense"

EL-ELYON..............Genesis 14:17-20,Isaiah 14:13-14meaning "The most high God

EL-ROI................Genesis 16:13meaning "The strong one who sees"

EL-SHADDAI............Genesis 17:1,Psalm 91:1meaning "The God of the mountains or God Almighty"EL-OLAM...............Isaiah 40:28-31meaning "The everlasting God"rdhrtline.gif

MORE NAMES OF GOD--Father, Son, Holy Spirit

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

• RABBONI (TEACHER)........................John 20:16
  • RADIANCE OF GOD'S GLORY..................Heb.1:3
  • REDEEMER.................................Job 19:25
  • REFINER'S FIRE...........................Malachi 3:2
  • REFUGE...................................Jeremiah 16:19
  • RESURRECTION.............................John 11:25
  • REWARDER.................................Hebrews 11:6
  • RIGHTEOUS ONE............................1 John 2:1
  • ROCK.....................................1 Cor.10:4
  • ROOT OF DAVID............................Rev. 22:16
  • ROSE OF SHARON...........................Song 2:1
  • RULER OF GOD'S CREATION..................Rev. 3:14
  • RULER OVER KINGS OF EARTH................Rev 1:5
  • RULER OVER ISRAEL........................Micah 5:2

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

• VINE......................................John 15:5

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

I_AM-bar2.jpg

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, we need to know these names so when we are in need we can call him by the name the fits the situation we are facing.
  • He is our ALL in ALL!!

• Thank you Lord I'm reminded today and every day moving forward this is he in my life: Hebrews 5 vs 9,14

and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation un...

But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern .good and evil

• The names of God has divine origin and is based on divine revelation.  Respect for God's name is mandated by the ten commandments and illustrated by the Lord's prayer. The names of God illustrate the

multidimensional facits of His triune attributes.  El-Shaddi and Jehovah are common references found in the old Testament.    theos, Kurios, and Pateras (greek for Father0 are common references in the new testament.    

• Thank God for his many names. He's my everything!!!
  • Thank you for naming all of the names we call God!  You broke it down and backed it up with Scripture from the Bible.  Our God is everything we need him to be.

• The names of God reveals, His quintessence and nature, His manifest presence, His character, by means of acts and deeds. One of the many examples are in Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved ( Jesus/Yahushua). 

HELPS Word-studies

Cognate: sōtḗr (a masculine noun, derived from /sṓzō, "save") – properly, the Savior, Jesus Christ who saves believers from their sins and delivers them into His safety. (sōzō).

• This is like the air we breathe, important to help me live. It's gives me peace to know God is everything we/I need to know God by name for everything I encounter on a daily bases is my refuge and my strength.. To know that God is everywhere and everything is beyond amazing.
  • This is so awsome, I never knew that our Lord had so many names I am amazed. This to me is very useful to teach in Bible Study as well as in  a congregation just to break down, the names

So people can see God in every area of their life some of these names really show this.

• AMEN! Wow! I knew that GOD had a few names, but my God in the Kingdom! Ey, God! More for me to study and learn! Hallelujah! I am excited!

To sum up this reading, HE IS LORD OF ALL!!!!!!!!!

This reply was deleted.