Absalom is a master in manipulation. He assures people, “You are special to me.” “You are my friend.” “I love you more than the pastor loves you. I will spend the quality time with you he doesn’t.”

An Absalom spirit is displayed in selfish ambition--disguised to appear as service to others, to the church, district or business. (2 Samuel 15:2)

Absalom seeks opportunities for self-advancement at the expense of others. Almost all the decisions of the leaders are questioned and undermined to the people.

Sadly, with this critical spirit, the Absalom personality can no longer receive any spiritual food or direction from the leadership. Nothing the pastor/leader does is good enough for Absalom. Even if Absalom’s ideas are implemented it’s never good enough. This personality always finds some fault. (2 Samuel 15:2)

An Absalom spirit is revealed in divisiveness, antagonism, and negative criticism of authorities in order to promote self. He will actively seek out authority-type individuals that will seemingly approve of his actions. (2 Samuel 5:3)

Absalom feeds his followers with his faultfinding and critical spirit. Minor things, usually not related to God’s spiritual qualifications, will be made major issues, such as what kind of car the pastor drives, his salary, his style of leadership, or his approach to challenges. (2 Samuel 15:4)

An Absalom spirit exhibits false humility. (2 Samuel 15:5)

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have seen this spirit in the church where leadership was questioned causing conflict among the flock...Thank God for reveling it's name and motives.... 

• We expect the world to behave with a master manipulator and selfish ambition spirit, but unfortunately this spirit is in the church as well....  

• AMEN!!

• It is imperative that we have the Holy Spirit, without it we can so easily b tricked by the enemy. I to have dealt with this spirit on a number of occasions and didn't know it's name. Thank God now I know. I will b even more aware. Great read

• Blessings Pastor Robin, yes this spirit is ancient, and it comes in many forms as a woman, man, child, and family, friends, spouses, parents, and much more. It will try to trick an individual, and make them think they are in their best interest. That is far from the truth
    Pastor Robin Albright said:

We all have dealt with this type of spirit and some of us have been delivered from it. I thank you for letting me know what this type of spirit is called because I have seen it several times.

• We all have dealt with this type of spirit and some of us have been delivered from it. I thank you for letting me know what this type of spirit is called because I have seen it several times.

This reply was deleted.