Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. — James 4:7

You deserve to walk in the truth because you are His beloved child. Don't set yourself up to be robbed of the abundant life your Heavenly Father longs for you to live!

Our King warns us in His Word that there is an enemy after us who is out to kill, steal, and destroy (1 Corinthians 10:13). He also warns us that if we are not careful, we will help him (the devil) accomplish his mission by what we read, watch, and listen to and who we hang out with.

Actually, Proverbs tells us that those who hang with full's will suffer harm. Unfortunately, many times our curiosity causes us to fall away from our conviction and we take the dare of the devil: just as Eve did in the garden when Satan, the serpent, dared her to doubt God and take a bite of the forbidden fruit. No matter how beautiful that apple was or how pleasing it was to the eye, it certainly wasn't worth the price paid for the temporary pleasure. It's time for us to dare to live the life above and beyond what this world offers! We don't have to allow the devil to destroy our values, our minds, or our children.

So with that said, I want to give you a dare, not one that will weaken your will, but a dare that will wake you up to the amazing goodness of God that you may be missing.

I dare you to go on a "Temptation Fast."

This means fasting off anything, any thoughts, or anyone for seven days that tempts you or weakens your will to follow God or causes you to fall away from the life God longs for you to live.

I am believing God that as you lay down your curiosity and the comforts of this world, you will allow God's word to renew your mind and God's way of living to become a reality for you.

You will taste and see that the Lord is good and nothing this world has to offer you will taste better than His blessing, His peace, and His purpose. All of these blessings lived out will bring more pleasure to your soul in a whole new way. A way that not only effects you, but effects the world around you.

God's Letter to You

I believe if The Lord was going to write you a personal letter about battles this life brings it may read like this....

My Forgiven Child,

I have walked with you all the days of your life. I’ve seen your past, and I know your future. I have so many plans I want to walk out with you, but as long as you’re looking back, we cannot move forward together. I will stand by you, even if you choose to stand still the rest of your life. But if you will accept My gift of a new beginning, you will find the new life I have to offer. Looking in a rearview mirror will only remind you of all that has gone wrong, but if you choose to let go of what’s behind and fix your eyes on what’s in front of you, you will be able to move forward. Trust me when I say that there’s nothing you have done or that anyone has done to you that must keep you chained to your past. I sent My Son, Jesus, to break every chain so you could be free. But only you can choose to walk out of the prison of your past and walk into the hope of a new future.

Love,
Your King who has you covered

Treasure of Truth

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. — 1 Corinthians 10:13

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I pray and believe this for many people, that they will recognize the God they serve and know that the devil can not trap us in our past by things that we have done, We are forgiven. I walk in the freedom of forgiveness. 

This reply was deleted.