Week Ten(DQ)..

Why did Jesus tell the Disciples to follow me, and I will make you fishermen of men?

What do it mean to be a disciple?

Why do you think Jesus told the disciples to leave everything behind?

Do you think you could leave everything behind to follow Jesus?

Why do you think the body of Christ do not walk in true demonstrations, as the Disciples did in the biblical times?

(Math 4-vs-19)

19 And He said to them, Come after Me [as disciples—letting Me be your Guide], follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men!

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Jesus was telling them to follow him so they be taught how to  bring people into the Kingdom of Heaven. He sent them out telling to go and if they do not recieve you they do not recieve me.  To be able to be  taught, but also to be Christ like,lead by example showing people who your Jesus is and is to come.

Jesus is saying take up your cross he wanted them to know what to expect to follow after him you will have to leave things and people behind.

There are too many religious spirits in the body of Christ and some are just not teaching the Biblical truth.

•  

Week 10 DQ

Matthew 13:47New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Net

47 “Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish.

The parable of the net

Jesus knew the character of

(19) Follow me.—The command came, as we have seen, to those

Why did Jesus tell the disciples to follow me, and I will make you fishermen of men?

Jesus commanded the disciples to follow Him because he is the truth and the light and as such He would show them their purpose.  In effect this scripture is a miniature parable.  The disciples were recruited to go out into the sea (world full of trouble and evil/ Isa 57:20) and the souls of men are the fish that have to be caught and taken from it and the net is the Church

What does it mean to be a disciple?

God has to be your all and all.  While salvation is free, discipleship cost you all you have.  The operative word is “be”.  Disciples are servants.  Disciples are in the Five Fold Ministry.  Disciples are learning (teachable) students.  Disciples are quick to listen and slow to speak.  Disciples are witness.   

The disciples had been regenerated and became new persons in Christ.  In order to abide in Christ and Christ abide in them, the disciples had to leave everything behind because where they were going and with whom they were going there was no room for their old selves.  Christ had to be first.

Yes

Why do you think the body of Christ does not walk in the demonstrations, as the disciples did in the Biblical times?

Lack of faith, understanding, and knowledge to wit fear.

• The reason why he told them that because he going to train them to be even greater mens then they was at first. It mean to prep you up to be something greater to some one else to train and to teach you to be greatness. The reason why he told them to leave everything behind because he didn't want anything holding them back to get what is coming toward them. Yes I can because I know god it going to bless everything I left behind any way rather its family or friends god got them for me. But they lived to holy for them they didnt to carry that type of responsabily in the lord so a pastor or decon or and envagalist they can bare that but how the disciple was they cant to that one.

• Why did Jesus tell the Disciples to follow me, and I will make you fishermen of men?

Matthew 4:19 – And He said to them, Come after Me [as disciples – letting Me be your Guide], follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Jesus said “I will make you fishermen of men” because those He selected knew how to fish as this was their profession and He could train them to fish for men using the same principles that they were already accustomed to.

What do it mean to be a disciple?

While every disciple is a believer, not every believer is necessarily a disciple. We know that they were a praying, worshipping, loving, giving, and evangelizing group of men and women who refused to keep the truth of the gospel to themselves. Yet, God still desires disciples today-½ordinary people like you and me whom God can use to do extraordinary things. Yes, being in leadership is a true meaning of being a disciple. 

If you are a true disciple, your kingdom walk will be challenging and exciting, and you will have a sense of purpose and direction. We are expected to fulfill the Great Commission (Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:19) to go into all the world and make disciples.

A disciple is defined as a learner, a pupil, one who comes to be taught.

The relationship between the disciple and his teacher is not merely that of a student listening to a lecturer, or a passively interested listener. A disciple listens with attention and intention. He drinks in every word of his teacher, marking every inflection of voice with an intense desire to apply what has been learned.

To forsake means to surrender your claim to; to say goodbye to.

Until I recognize that everything I have belongs to Jesus Christ, I am not His disciple. Consider Jesus' encounter with the rich young ruler who asked Jesus, "What must I do to inherit eternal life?" (Mark 10:17).

Jesus asked this man to "sell all he had" because He could see that possessions were the god of this man's life. If he would of had given it all away he would have inherit, and possess even greater than he had before. If something else had been on the "throne of his life," Jesus would have asked him for that.

Absolutely, I could leave every material thing behind to follow Jesus. He is El Shaddai (Our God of More Than Enough), Our Shield, Guide, Proctor and Jehovah Jireh (Our God That Provides for Us) so there would be no need to bring anything except for self.

Why do you think the body of Christ do not walk in true demonstrations, as the Disciples did in the biblical times?

The body of Christ does not walk in true demonstrations, as the Disciples did in Biblical times because they are not TRUE believers in the Word of the Lord. They allow doubt to creep in and do NOT want to give up the worldly things and follow Christ. Fear of being rejected or them not being able to perform the miracles that Christ did.

Lord, help their UNBELIEF!!!!!!

(Math 4-vs-19)

19 And He said to them, Come after Me [as disciples—letting Me be your Guide], follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men!

• Week 10 DQ

Why did Jesus tell the disciples to follow me, and I will make you fishermen of men?

Jesus commanded the disciples to follow Him because he is the truth and the light and as such He would show them their purpose.  In effect this scripture is a miniature parable.  The disciples were recruited to go out into the sea (world full of trouble and evil/ Isa 57:20) and the souls of men are the fish that have to be caught and taken from it and the net is the Church

What does it mean to be a disciple?

God has to be your all and all.  While salvation is free, discipleship cost you all you have.  The operative word is “be”.  Disciples are servants.  Disciples are in the Five Fold Ministry.  Disciples are learning (teachable) students.  Disciples are quick to listen and slow to speak.  Disciples are witness.    

The disciples had been regenerated and became new persons in Christ.  In order to abide in Christ and Christ abide in them, the disciples had to leave everything behind because where they were going and with whom they were going there was no room for their old selves.  Christ had to be first.

Yes

Why do you think the body of Christ does not walk in the demonstrations, as the disciples did in the Biblical times?

Lack of faith, understanding, and knowledge to wit fear.

• I think Jesus told the Disciples to follow me and I will make you fishermen of men I think he meant to learn from me how to be disciples.

To be a disciple is to share the good news of the gospel to teach or show how to follow a teaching that we have received.

Jesus wanted them to forget everything they knew previously and so he told them to leave everything behind.

I believe I could leave everything

I believe the body of Christ do not walk in true demonstrations as the disciples did in the biblical times because they are not sold out it takes a selling out a giving up of your wants and desire and gain the desires of Christ.

• Jesus was telling the men to follow me, and I will give you the necessary tools to become a fishermen of men

To be a disciple means to be a follower of something, a follower who is a true believer in what it is He/She is following after, they are equipped with the necessary tools to be considered disciples.

He told them to leave everything behind, because they weren't going to need what it is He was about to show/offer them, what He was teaching them is worth more than any possession they may have been trying to hold on. I believe He also said this to see if they could/would follow directions.

Yes, as hard as it is to answer that question, yes, I believe so.

The body may be suffering because of competition and unity issues. Everyone wants to portray that Christ is treating them better over here than over there, so this is where you need to be to get the truth(competition) which sprouts division (lack of unity) and even they still have problems. The Disciples were focused on spreading that which was left behind, healing's, blessings, knowledge, knowledge when applied changes lives, and lastly lack of focus on what Jesus desired for us to do also, bringing forth The Kingdom of Heaven, the Kingdom of The Father.  

• God has Destin us to be disciples and to love one another as he loves us it was in his extablishment from the beginning to be a disciple is to have compassion and love because nothing in this world belongs to us we belongs to the kingdom in heavenly places with God when God calls us home we have no other choice but give up the world there is too much that are seeing doubt unbelieve and not putting I mind to the Bible of God
  • Jesus was telling the disciples to follow Him so that He could teach and train them how to save, set free, and deliver people. I believe Jesus was training them up in the way they should live their lives as well. He was their own personal teacher.

A disciple is one that is teachable, humble, and submissive to authority. One who loves others more than his/her own self.

Jesus told the disciples to leave everything behind, because He didn't want them to be distracted by what they were use to. The bible tells us to forgot those things behind us, and behold the new. This says to me that in order to be great fishermen or disciples we must die to self, and follow the ways of Christ in order to be the great fishermen of men that He has called us to be.

I believe the reason that the body of Christ lacks compassion and the love of Christ. The church has forgotten that we (the church) have to first be servants  and we are to love as Christ loved use. They have got caught up in "titles" and become prideful, and lack humility. I believe this is something that we have to let God teach us. When we fellowship with Him, and feed on His word then we will begin to be true expressions of God here on the earth.

• A Disciple is one who loves God more than anyone else, forsaking all that they have, and would take up the cross.  Jesus wanted to see if they would pass the test....he wanted them to follow him so that they could go and become fishermen of men, meaning the lost..........to tell them about his goodness and mercy....

Today people have become so materialistic that they would not be true disciples....however after all he's done for me, I would gladly follow him....

This reply was deleted.