Worship from the Heart!

Grace from the Heart Rather than the Head Study not to be a fine preacher. Jerichos are blown down with rams’ horns. Look simply unto Jesus for preaching food, and what is wanted will be given, and what is given will be blessed, whether it be a barley grain or a wheaten loaf, a crust or a crumb. Your mouth will be a flowing stream or a fountain sealed, according to as your heart is. Avoid all controversy in preaching, talking, or writing; preach nothing down but the devil, and nothing up but Jesus Christ.—Berridge The heart is the Saviour of the world. Heads do not save. Genius, brains, brilliance, strength, natural gifts do not save. The gospel flows through hearts. All the mightiest forces are heart forces. All the sweetest and loveliest graces are heart graces. Great hearts make great characters; great hearts make divine characters. God is love. There is nothing greater than love, nothing greater than God. Hearts make heaven; heaven is love. There is nothing higher, nothing sweeter, than heaven. It is the heart and not the head which makes God’s great preachers. The heart counts much every way in religion. The heart must speak from the pulpit. The heart must hear in the pew.

In fact, we serve God with our hearts. Head homage does not pass current in heaven. We believe that one of the serious and most popular errors of the modern pulpit is the putting of more thought than prayer or more head than of heart in its sermons. Big hearts make big preachers; good hearts make good preachers. A theological school to enlarge and cultivate the heart is the golden desideratum of the gospel. The pastor binds his people to him and rules his people by his heart. They may admire his gifts, they may be proud of his ability, they may be affected for the time by his sermons; but the stronghold of his power is his heart. His scepter is love. The throne of his power is his heart. The good shepherd gives his life for the sheep. Heads never make martyrs. It is the heart which surrenders the life to love and fidelity. It takes great courage to be a faithful pastor, but the heart alone can supply this courage. Gifts and genius may be brave, but it is the gifts and genius of the heart and not of the head. It is easier to fill the head than it is to prepare the heart. It is easier to make a brain sermon than a heart sermon. It was the heart that drew the Son of God from heaven. It is the heart that will draw men to heaven.

Men of the heart are what the world needs to sympathize with its woe, to kiss away its sorrows, to compassionate its misery, and to alleviate its pain. Christ was eminently the man of sorrows because he was preeminently the man of heart. “Give me thy heart,” is God’s requisition of men. “Give me thy heart!” is man’s demand of man. A professional ministry is a heartless ministry. When salary plays a great part in the ministry, the heart plays little part. We may make preaching our business, and not put our hearts in the business. He who puts self to the front in his preaching puts heart to the rear. He who does not sow with his heart in his study will never reap a harvest for God. The closet is the heart’s study. We will learn more about how to preach and what to preach there than we can learn in our libraries. “Jesus wept” is the shortest and biggest verse in the Bible. It is he who goes forth weeping (not preaching great sermons), bearing precious seed, who shall come again rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. Praying gives a sense, brings wisdom, broadens and strengthens the mind. The closet is a perfect school-teacher and schoolhouse for the preacher. The thought is not only brightened and clarified in prayer, but the thought is born in prayer. We can learn more in an hour praying, when praying indeed, than from many hours in the study. Books are in the closet which can be found and read nowhere else. Revelations are made in the closet which is made nowhere else.-KEEP ON PRAYING and KEEP ON LISTENING to what he has to say to you. KEEP ON WORSHIPING. He Will tells you GREAT THINGS, you need to hear, know, and understand. 

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• AMEN THIS IS THE CLOSEST WE WILL EVER GET TO PERFECTION IN GOD WHEN READING AND STUDYING HIS WORD. PRAYER IS THE GREATEST TOOL WE HAVE to Reaching the heart of GOD. THEN AFTER WE HAVE SPOKEN AND MADE OUR REQUEST KNOWN INTO HIM HE GIVES US DIVINE REVELATION. WHEN GOD SAYS YES NO ONE CAN SAY NO WE BETTER HEAR HIM TODAY FOR IT IS HE THAT BLESSES US EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT WE COULD EVER ALL IT THINK. YES THE HEART OF GOD IS WHERE ALL OF ANSWERS ARE.

• I like that PRAYER coupled with studying is the Dynamic Duo !!! 

Apostle Trina Davis said:

Grace from the heart: the divine influence (stimulate, motivate, encourage, influence, rouse, move, stir, energize, galvanize, incite; animate, fire, excite, spark, inspirit, incentivize, affect). Jericho’s are blown down with Ram’s Horns: the shofar (ram’s horn) is often used as an instrument of spiritual warfare. The Torah states, “when you go to war in your land against an adversary who is oppressing you, you are to sound an alarm with trumpets; then you will be remembered before the LORD your God and you will be saved from your enemies” Numbers 10:9. Look simply unto Jesus for preaching food: (The Word of God is the food) Hebrews 12:2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Your mouth will be a flowing stream or a fountain sealed, according to as your heart is: John 7:38 He that believes on me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life, and his words are as deep waters and the wellspring. Therefore, with joy shall we draw water out of the wells of salvation (JESUS CHRIST) This is preaching food!!! The heart is the Saviour of the world: God is the essence and source of love and life. God is the definition of love, love is not the definition of God, and He (God) is infinitely more. That everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.… Praying causes one to know God more intimately and were one gets revelation knowledge of God’s unfailing love verses studying gives one head knowledge, but prayer coupled with studying is The Dynamic Duo.

• Yes, Chistina, all about him ! Worship from the Heart.

Christina Davis said:

Worship from the heart...To engage with Jesus and delighting in Him, with expression of praise. Getting into His presence where He is the center and the focus. I is all about Him..

• Amen...We must become a Agent of Change ! I like to say Change Agent ! Destiny Changer !

Queen Chief Apostle T(Teyshana) said:

Amen, come on now Pastor Robert, that is fatty food for the soul. You are absolutely correct; many people would rather sit in a movie, play, game, and other social events. Then the same individuals, leaders, or kingdom believers, complain that is to long. God is calling forth the True Worshipers, the watchmen, and wailers, to worship him, spirit and truth. Now this message is a Rhemaric word, right now word for the people. It will bring in there hearts back to God, and become more devoted to him. Thank you for immediate response. Yes, I remember you have Bible study on tonight. May God show up in a Miraculous and Powerful way with Divine Purpose Agape.

Pastor Robert Napper said:

Well Apostle T, Some argue that the church must be culturally relevant and in and effort not to break social norms they limit the worship time.

This is a subject that lights the fire in me!

What social norms are they talking about? 

Let’s look at the most popular sports in America they must tell us something about what people are willing to sit through. I did a little research and this is what I found for the average length of games  Basketball NBA, 150 minutes, Major League Baseball, 170 minutes, Football NFL – 180 minutes

Those definitely don’t fit into our nice 60-90 minute church service slot!

What about movies, they’re a lot more like a church service and aren’t most popular moves around 90 minutes?

I believe we can’t just decide to have longer services by simply moving the start time back a few minutes! Adding 30 minutes to our services doesn’t automatically make it more spiritual or more helpful.

I beleive longer service means more planning. What do our people really need? How can we use the time most effectively to foster true worship of the true God?

These question demand that we focus our attention on our core purposes for the weekly worship time. A properly planned time of worship ought to edify the participants and glorify God at the same time.

Here is a clip of one of my message, let me know what you think.

Becoming like Christ involves change.

“We must Become A People Of Change"

I. Change Is Inevitable.
    "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven" Ecclesiastes 3:1
    Changes is innovation and technology
    How many came to church in a covered wagon?
    Changes is
    medicine
    thought
    music
    entertainment
    clothes/ fashion
    Life is changing so fast that what is "hot" today is "old" tomorrow.

The problem with change is not change itself, it Is How We React to change.
    We were designed for change.

• Wow...This article was very interesting to me. Reading it made me think about somethings & bring certain situations to my remembrance. It explained somethings that had taken place. "A professional ministry is an heartless ministry" as you stated. I guess that's why, some preachers can get the congregation all excited (hyped), but the congregation don't know or didn't understand what the preacher said and sometimes don't remember the message...but it was good.

Praying gives a sense, brings wisdom, broadens & strengthens the mind. The closet is a perfect school teacher. Don't hear a lot of pastor's preaching or saying that.

The heart is really vital. It's intimate, like worship. I am a worshipper.

The Bible says God looks at the heart and man looks at outward appearance.  

This article was very enlightening !

• Worship from the heart...To engage with Jesus and delighting in Him, with expression of praise. Getting into His presence where He is the center and the focus. I is all about Him..

• prayer coupled with studying is The Dynamic Duo

• Grace from the heart: the divine influence (stimulate, motivate, encourage, influence, rouse, move, stir, energize, galvanize, incite; animate, fire, excite, spark, inspirit, incentivize, affect). Jericho’s are blown down with Ram’s Horns: the shofar (ram’s horn) is often used as an instrument of spiritual warfare. The Torah states, “when you go to war in your land against an adversary who is oppressing you, you are to sound an alarm with trumpets; then you will be remembered before the LORD your God and you will be saved from your enemies” Numbers 10:9. Look simply unto Jesus for preaching food: (The Word of God is the food) Hebrews 12:2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Your mouth will be a flowing stream or a fountain sealed, according to as your heart is: John 7:38 He that believes on me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life, and his words are as deep waters and the wellspring. Therefore, with joy shall we draw water out of the wells of salvation (JESUS CHRIST) This is preaching food!!! The heart is the Saviour of the world: God is the essence and source of love and life. God is the definition of love, love is not the definition of God, and He (God) is infinitely more. That everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.… Praying causes one to know God more intimately and were one gets revelation knowledge of God’s unfailing love verses studying gives one head knowledge, but prayer coupled with studying is The Dynamic Duo.

• Amen, come on now Pastor Robert, that is fatty food for the soul. You are absolutely correct; many people would rather sit in a movie, play, game, and other social events. Then the same individuals, leaders, or kingdom believers, complain that is to long. God is calling forth the True Worshipers, the watchmen, and wailers, to worship him, spirit and truth. Now this message is a Rhemaric word, right now word for the people. It will bring in there hearts back to God, and become more devoted to him. Thank you for immediate response. Yes, I remember you have Bible study on tonight. May God show up in a Miraculous and Powerful way with Divine Purpose Agape.

Pastor Robert Napper said:

Well Apostle T, Some argue that the church must be culturally relevant and in and effort not to break social norms they limit the worship time.

This is a subject that lights the fire in me!

What social norms are they talking about? 

Let’s look at the most popular sports in America they must tell us something about what people are willing to sit through. I did a little research and this is what I found for the average length of games  Basketball NBA, 150 minutes, Major League Baseball, 170 minutes, Football NFL – 180 minutes

Those definitely don’t fit into our nice 60-90 minute church service slot!

What about movies, they’re a lot more like a church service and aren’t most popular moves around 90 minutes?

I believe we can’t just decide to have longer services by simply moving the start time back a few minutes! Adding 30 minutes to our services doesn’t automatically make it more spiritual or more helpful.

I beleive longer service means more planning. What do our people really need? How can we use the time most effectively to foster true worship of the true God?

These question demand that we focus our attention on our core purposes for the weekly worship time. A properly planned time of worship ought to edify the participants and glorify God at the same time.

Here is a clip of one of my message, let me know what you think.

Becoming like Christ involves change.

“We must Become A People Of Change"

I. Change Is Inevitable.
    "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven" Ecclesiastes 3:1
    Changes is innovation and technology
    How many came to church in a covered wagon?
    Changes is
    medicine
    thought
    music
    entertainment
    clothes/ fashion
    Life is changing so fast that what is "hot" today is "old" tomorrow.

The problem with change is not change itself, it Is How We React to change.
    We were designed for change.

• I have to teach bible study tonight. I will not be online on Tuesday nights. I will be online tomorrow night listen to you. Blessings.

This reply was deleted.