Five-Fold Ministry

The Five-Fold Ministry doctrine is derived from Ephesians 4:11 "And He
gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some evangelists; and some,
pastors and teachers;"

hand4.gif

Just as the "little cloud...like a man's hand" (I Kings 18:44) preceeded the flooding rain, the five ministry giftings will preceed the greatest outpouring of the Holy Spirit in Holiness and power that the Church of Jesus Christ has ever known.

For almost two thousand years the Church has hobbled about in self-imposed weakness because of Her failure to recognize God's provision for power.

The same preachers who warn us: "Never pray for patience" for "tribulation worketh patience" (Romans 5:3) admonish us to pray and fast for maturity and unity, when our Father's provision is already revealed in Ephesians 4:11-15.

Perhaps their blindness to the truth is motivated by an improper understanding of the ministry gifts. Perhaps they feel that the recognition of these gifts would impose some sort of clerical heirarchy upon the Church. Quite the opposite is true. The function of the ministry gifts and their benefits are like salvation: our Heavenly Father doesn't force salvation on us, our acceptance of Christ as our Savior and all the ensuing benefits is voluntary. The same with the ministry gifts.

Several years ago, I flew to Florida to help my sister-in-law move back to Michigan. Before departing, I gave instructions to a friend to make sure the car was ready for the journey. When I arrived, I discovered that the car which was supposed to haul my sister-in-law and her family as well as a trailer had only four of it's six cylinders functioning. Additionally, the transmission had only second and third gear... no first or reverse! We survived the 1300 mile trip. However, our journey would have much easier had the car been functioning the way it's designers had intended.

As a young Christian, I was told to "read the red" (in other words: study the Gospels, especially the words of Christ). Well, I did. And one thing I learned by studying Jesus' teachings was that He expected the Church to walk in power, unity and maturity. Thirty years later, I can only deduce that today's Church is weak and divided because we are running on only one or two cylinders instead of the five originally intended.

Ministry Gifts in Ephesians 4:11
Responsibility Natural Manifestation
Apostle Doctrine and Discipline Enjoys building things: projects, businesses, etc.
Prophet Discern and Proclaim God's Word. Has a keen (sometimes problematic) sense of Justice.
Evangelist Present the Gospel of Christ to the lost. Enjoys direct contact with people. Most are successful salesmen.
Pastor To care for the everyday needs of the church family Enjoys serving. Loves to have people come to their home.
Teacher Instruct the Church in the practicalapplication of God's Word. Is able to explain complex issues in a way that even a child can understand.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Five Fold Ministry is our guide to the way the Church Leaders are to operate effectively.

• Very enlightening and inspiring. The five fold ministry is like 5 cylinders of the church. If one is missing It would function but not as good as if they had all 5. It's like missing body parts you would have to readjust to a new way of doing things due to fact one body member is missing. This explains why we need each other for growth strength and encouragement

• Such awesome information. It is a shame that some churches miss out on the full blessing and full worship experience with the Holy Spirit because they do not operate in the five fold ministry. I am always in shock when certain things in the Bible people use and the other things they disregard.  All parts must function in order for the body to work.

• Judith, I received my Syllabus today. I find it to be easy to understand and I a delighted to be trained by this curriculum and this Anointed woman of God.
  • Pastor LaShawn. I went through exactly the same thing! This is such an awesome teaching. I wish I had the resources to buy copies of this mighty syllabus and give them to every pastor in my city. The hand of God is not being manifested because most local churches re only using two of the five gifts, pastor and teacher.

• The five-fold ministry is very important in the church and the body of Christ. As we understand the roles of each one we can be more effect

• This is so enlightening to know the five fold ministry we must pray, fasting, worshiping,so God can increase us.
  • Tonya, I agree that obedience is one of the major Keys to Serving Truly serving God. The word says if we be willing and obedient we shall eat the good of the Land. If only we would obey God will do exploits in our lives and the church. We must align ourselves with the Word of God.
  • Apostle this article make so much sense. In my opinion this put things in perspective especially for me. When we be obedient things go so much smoother for us, however when we disobey that's when things become hard. I love how the description of each function in Ministry is broken down . I see myself in a couple of them. The example you gave was clear and opened up this topic on a whole new level.
  • Blessings  to you this is powerful and true. Churches should seek God in unity fast, pray in unity, First our minds and hearts has to be willing to serve instead of being served,  God should be the Churches main prority!!! I oray we all get on one accord for Christ 

This reply was deleted.