KNOW YOUR WEAPON When the HOLY SPIRIT inspired Paul to describe our heavenly armor, he listed only one common weapon--the Sword, identified as the Word of GOD. Other defensive means are revealed as well, but they are all dependent on the Word, and the fellowship we have with our Commander, for their power and effectiveness. Every soldier, from the least to the greatest in the armed forces of the world, knows the following three facts can mean the difference between staying alive or being killed. The first is "Know your weapon"; the second, "Know how to keep your weapon in tip-top condition", and the third, "Know how to use your weapon." If any of these are ignored or neglected, the soldier's life, and possibly other lives as well, will be at risk These three facts apply to Prayer Warriors even more so, for not only is the physical life of a prayer burden at risk, but the spiritual and eternal are as well. The only way we can prevent loss of any kind is to saturate ourselves in GOD's Word. 1) KNOW YOUR WEAPON. For Prayer Warriors to know their weapon means we must be immersed in the Word. Prayer Warriors will love GOD's Word, they will not find other things to do that will delay their opening the Bible. We must constantly and consistently feed on the Word. To use our weapon effectively we must know it intimately. Our prayers depend on how much nourishment we're getting. JESUS promised, "If you remain in Me and My Words remain in you, ask whatever you will, and it will be given you. This is to My Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselve to be My disciples." ~John 15:7,8. And John 1:1,2 says: "In the beginning, going further back in time than can be imagined, the Word of God was there. The Word stood by the side of God, and the Word was fully God. There never was a time when the Word of God was not with God." ~The Clear Word. (used by permission). Spiritual power is inseperable from knowing the Word. 2) KNOW HOW TO KEEP YOUR WEAPON IN TIP-TOP CONDITION. Prayer Warriors, the Intercessors, must spend time with their Bibles. Quality time. It involves more than studying the Sabbath School lesson, or knowing a sequence of doctrinal proof texts, as important as these are. To be sure our weapon is always cleaned and sharp, we must be saturated with Scripture, daily. Joshua was told to meditate on GOD's Word day and night, this was his secret as a great warrior for the LORD, we dare not do less. Learn to memorize Scripture. Hide it, as David said, in your heart. Remember our Commander's actions in the wilderness. His first words to the devil were: "It is written." All three temptations brought this response. This is how we are to keep the Sword sharp and ever ready for battle. 3) KNOW HOW TO USE YOUR WEAPON. Knowing Scripture is just the first step. Now we must learn how to use our weapon against the many different and varied attacks and conflicts the evil ones bring against those we're fighting for. So, how do we use GOD's Word militantly? It means daring to claim His promises for conquests against our enemy. It means quoting it with determined insistence. It means for us to say with Paul, "I have faith in GOD that it will happen just as He told me." ~Acts 27:25. A) Use the Word to remind the Father of what He has already done. It is not irreverent to hold Him to His Word. Moses quoted GOD's Word back to Him (Numbers 14:19), and the Father did not rebuke him. Instead His response was: "I have forgiven them, as you asked." (v.20). Humbly, reverently hold our awesome heavenly Father to His promises. B) Use the Word to force the devil and his evil cohorts to flee. Remind them they were defeated at Calvary. That their authority is broken forever. C) Quote the Word to strengthen yourself, and your prayers. Fill your prayers with verses and texts of Scripture. GOD's Word will renew and refresh during a prayer battle. When a Prayer Warrior is fatiqued from the conflict, quoting Scriptures or singing hymns saturated with Scripture are spiritually refreshing and uplifting. D) He said, so we can say. Anything GOD has said, we can confess our confidence in and affirm the action we intend taking in our conflicts. Hebrews 13:5,6 says: "He hath said, I will never leave you, nor forsake you." So we may boldly respond, "If GOD is for me, who can be against me." (Romans 8:31) Keep in mind that JESUS is called the Word, which means when we have our Bibles, He is always with us in our conflicts. We cannot use our weapon unless we have it and know it; nor is it of any value until we start wielding it. Study the Bible, and speak its words in every crisis you face. Scripture pierces and slashes the enemy in our prayer warfare. Stop bemoaning the enemy's attacks! Demonstrate that you are ARMED...& DANGEROUS! That you have planned for victory, you are armed for victory, that you are trained for victory...then go forward daring to do the seemingly impossible for CHRIST's glory, in accordance to the Father's will, by the HOLY SPIRIT, and victory will be yours-BE PREPARED TO WALK OUT OF EVERY FIGHT A HEAVEYWEIGHT CHAMPION-WITH FLAWLESS VICTORY-BE BLESS AGAPE!!!!!

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –