Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." There are several elements of importance in these verses. 1) "Trust in the LORD" not in man or jobs or your strength because they shall soon fail you. You must trust Him with all your being (your whole heart), if your heart is not in it will surely show. Psalms 2:12b "Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him." 2) "Lean not on your own understanding" - WHY? Well, the word lean means to rely on for support or inspiration. As good as we think our judgement and understanding is, we must understand it has been warped by our sinful nature - we are crooked in all we do unless God straightens us out. We must keep prayerful in all things. Jeremiah 9:23-24 says, "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glories glory in this, that he understands and knows me." 3) "In all your ways acknowledge Him" - Notice the verse says "all" things - He woke you up this morning, put strength in your body, gave you a straightness of mind, a job to come to, a means to get here and so on and so on. THANK YOU LORD! We must know, recognize and acknowledge Him as God and that He is in control of and governs all facets of our lives. 1 Chronicles 28:9 says, "Know the God of your father, and serve Him with a perfect (loyal) heart and with a willing mind." 4) Finally there is a conclusion when you have done all the above - "He shall direct your paths" not might but shall. That word 'shall" means must, will have to. In short, God is obligated by His Word if we do our part. He shall direct, make straight and plain, our paths...our going outs and our coming ins and all in between to His glory and His honor. Proverbs 11:28 says, "He that trusts in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch." I pray this morning that we will trust in the LORD and not in ourselves or the things of this world. For you see throughout the Bible there are many 'if' condition statements...ex. "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray then...", but you will notice that God always upholds His side of the bargain. We are the ones who cause it to fail. Trust in God, He is always true to His Word! Have a BLESSED DAY...Be PRAYERFUL and THANKFUL for all things!!!

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –