Priority Number One
As we focus daily on our God given assignments and obligations, we must be certain that we don’t lose sight of our ultimate goal. Therefore, it doesn’t matter what our giftings or callings are, nor our area of “expertise”; we all have been given an assignment that greatly outweighs everything else. Far too often, we become so involved in doing the work of the Lord; that we permit the call to distract us from “THE CALL”. In other words we become so engulfed with doing the work of the Lord that we lose sight on our ultimate goal. We must always remain cognizant of our number one priority. Its relevancy hasn’t been altered. Today the need and the demands are even greater now than ever before. What should be the major underlying focus of every Christian? It should be the ability to function as an effective, influential, innovative, skillful Soul Winner!
On a regular basis, we must take an inventory of our spiritual data base and do a little housekeeping. It is necessary that we replace antiquated methods of soul winning, with those whose application will make a positive and effective impact on the unsaved.
- We can’t forget to seek the face of the Lord for His guidance and direction to obtain the strategies that will be relevant. (Proverb 3:6)
- We can’t forget that we should ALWAYS be advocates for the Kingdom of God. (Matthew 5:16)
- We can’t forget that everything we’ve endured has qualified us; and given us vital evidence to substantiate God’s love. ( 1 Corinthians 15:57 ESV)
- We can’t forget that there are still those people who…. if they heard some of our victories – would be drawn to the Lord. Be transparent when the Lord directs you to be so. (Psalm 66 ESV)
- Remember…..For the believer - Soul Winning is priority number one…..Always!! (Mark 16:15)
So, value the importance of one lost soul. Make an “appointment” with God to discuss the enhancement of your soul winning tactics. Seek him for the boldness, wisdom and opportunity to be an effective witness – wherever and whenever the occasion occurs. Simply because God has delayed His return – He is giving US one more day to assist in the enlargement of His family.
Your number one priority is to be an effective Soul Winner. However, today’s soul winners must be Spirit lead; Spirit filled and above all be Spiritually motivated!
“…… he that winneth souls is wise.” Proverbs 11:30
But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand. Ezekiel 33:6