The Celebration of Halloween ….It’s Not For You!!!!
“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.” Ephesians 5:11
It’s amazing how many believers of Christ are still not aware of the dangers that accompany participating in the celebration of the most revered satanic holiday!
We, the body of Christ can no longer stand passively unaware of the seriousness of our actions…especially concerning halloween. It doesn’t matter how you may appear to justify your actions, if you are involved in any way with the celebration of halloween, you are denying the Deity of Christ! You are willfully opening the door for the satanic involvement of the devil and his host into your life!
Now, in years past, because of ignorance, we may have participated in various activities during the halloween season. However, when we know better, we are required to do better!
Listed below are some statements that will bring enlightenment concerning why we, the body of Christ should not celebrate halloween. Please share the information with others…who are willing to listen.
What truth does the Bible support concerning halloween ?
- God is a God of life, but Halloween focuses on death. (John1:3&4; I Timothy 6:13). Should I celebrate a holiday where people decorate their front yards with tombstones?
- The Scriptures tell us to put away deeds of darkness (Rom.13:12) and that light has nothing in common with darkness (2 Cor. 6:14). Is celebrating a dark holiday something a child of the light should be doing?
- Many people have been delivered from fear and panic attacks and we know that fear comes from the enemy (2 Timothy 1:7). Should I participate in a holiday that has fear as its very foundation?
- Witchcraft is clearly detestable to the Lord (Deut 18:10-13). Shouldn't something that glorifies witchcraft (just take a walk through the Halloween store) be detestable to me as well?"
- Halloween is a sacred, high holiday for Wiccans (the official religion of witchcraft). Is this a holiday Christians should celebrate alongside Wiccans?
- Is it cute when we dress our kids like the devil (or witches, ghouls, scary characters, etc.)? Isn't it, well, demonic?
- What if my child dresses in a wholesome fireman costume? Romans 16:19 says that we need to be wise to what is good and innocent of evil. If I let him participate in Halloween, even while dressed as a fireman, aren't I sending him a mixed message by allowing him to participate in a celebration of evil?
- The Lord said in 2 Cor. 6:17, "Come out from them and be separate ... Touch no unclean thing ..." Doesn't God want His children to be set apart from the world and from sin and evil? Aren't we supposed to be peculiar people?
- My extended family thinks it's ridiculous that we not allow our son to dress up for Halloween. Should their opinions matter to me more than God's? Shouldn't pleasing God be my utmost concern?
- If there is even a question in my heart and mind that it might be wrong, shouldn't that be my first clue? Why would I continue to do so with even a lingering thought that it is wrong?
- Does Halloween bring glory to God? No! It glorifies the devil!
As our key verse Ephesians 5:11 states, “And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.” This text is calling us to not only have no association with any type of dark activity BUT ALSO to shed light upon this topic to those around us.
So, what did we do instead? Hide in the basement with the lights off? Hustle the family out of the house? No, darkened homes are the enemy's victory! Where does your light shine the brightest ... in the darkness!
"You are the light of the world ... let your light shine among men that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven" (Matt. 5:14-16).
So, stop justifying why it is okay to celebrate this demonic, worldly, evil holiday. There are no muddled lines or gray areas about it. A committed follower of Jesus Christ should not celebrate Halloween.