The Search Is On…Do You Qualify?
“……The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: ……. Luke 10:2
If a search was held for those who display the character qualities of the Lord, how would you score?. Now…. you’ve been “saved” for quite a few years; you know quite a few scriptures; and can effectively convince someone of their need to deepen their relationship with the Lord. However, do you qualify as a potential for the current search?
Check your credentials ……. You be the judge!
- Does my love for the Lord reflect in my: emotions, reasonings, and my actions?
- Do I spend quality time in the presence of the Lord – daily?
- Am I a BOLD advocate for the cause of Christ?
- Am I familiar enough with my “sword” as to know the “flavor” of its content?
- What is the opinion of the people in my community concerning my: integrity, friendliness, and my active involvement within the community?
- What about my employer and my fellow coworkers? What is their opinion of my Spiritual convictions? Do they even know of my profession concerning my Lord?
- What does my check book reveal concerning my stewardship in the area of finances?
- What type of financial supporter am I to those who minister to me on a regular basis?
- Are my choices and the style of my clothing in accord with what is “satisfactory” and pleasing to the Lord?
- Above all, is my overall lifestyle a display of that which would consider me to be classified as a current day disciple?
So if the Lord were to use the above brief list as a “white glove” to survey our lives…. would that glove still remain white after the survey? Remember….God doesn’t require unreasonable actions – but He does require obedience, commitment and perseverance.
Yes…. The search is on….. Do you qualify? (if not…get to stepping!!!)