The Walk Is Tight But It’s Right….
As God’s “Funambulist”
“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.” Hebrews 12:11
Our walk as endtime saints can benefit greatly from gleaning a little knowledge about this gift of funambulism. Funambulism; usually referred to as tight rope walking is an art or skill that is admired by many; but acquired by few.
God has required of us, some of the same characteristics that are applicable to the funambulist. For example:
- The tight rope walker must never become over confident. As God’s tight rope walker, He advises us: Don’t get heady. ( II Timothy 3:1-17)
- The tight rope walker must remain focused at all times. As God’s tight rope walker we must remain focused and have the mind of Christ. (Philippians 2:5)
- The tight rope walker must learn to ignore their surroundings. As God’s tight rope walker, I must not participate in the conversations and pleasures of this world. (John 17:16; 2 Thessalonians 3:11)
- The tight rope walker carries no baggage. As God’s tight rope walker, I am commanded to do the same. (Hebrews 12:1-2)
- The tight rope walker must at all times maintain their balance. As God’s tight rope walker I must adhere to the proper guidelines. (I Corinthians 6:12)
- The tight rope walker can’t be weak minded. As God’s tight rope walker I must be mentally sound. (Romans 12:1&2)
- The tight rope walker musts assert discipline. As God’s tight rope walker I must do the same. (I Corinthians 9:27)
- Lastly, the tight rope walker must stay physically fit altering their eating habits. As God’s tight rope walker, I must always remain cognizant of the fact that my body is the temple of the living God…. And treat it as such. (1 Corinthians 6:19; Proverbs 25:27)
Since we are called to be God’s tight rope walker in the realm of the spirit, as well as in the natural realm, we can therefore avail ourselves of the attributes above.
A tight rope walker in the realm of the spirit or in the natural will only survive if they have already received the necessary preparation prior to approaching the tight rope. Our daily regimen should have no allowance for the tolerance of anything that will distract or divert us from being the warrior that we were created to be. Preparation is our endtime key! We must begin to prepare ourselves now for the days ahead.
We have within us the vital components to be that skillful funambulist. However, without the application of at the very least, the above eight listed attributes, our strategies will not possess the effectiveness that will permit us to successfully reign and to walk in the heighten dimensions that the Lord desires for us.
“Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.”
Proverbs 12:1 ESV