1 Kings 18:41-46

New International Version (NIV)

41 And Elijah said to Ahab, “Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain.” 42 So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.

43 “Go and look toward the sea,” he told his servant. And he went up and looked.

“There is nothing there,” he said.

Seven times Elijah said, “Go back.”

(44 The seventh time the servant reported, “A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea).”

So Elijah said, “Go and tell Ahab, ‘Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.’”

45 Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose, a heavy rain started falling and Ahab rode off to Jezreel. 46 The power of the Lord came on Elijah and, tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Elijah believe God just like Abraham did. He had the mindset that nothing is impossible and he knew exactly who he served, and what power would be released at his disposal.Expect miracles, and this is exactly what you will get, prayer is the key to release miracles in your life he knew that he can call upon the God who created rain,to release the creation when it was most needed, that's what faith does.. it activates the hand of God.
  • Elijah was a great Prophet and he allowed God to use him as a consecrated vessel. Wow, Elijah ran, Ahab rode a chariot and Elijah was ahead of Ahab.  Look at "God work"!! There is always warning before destruction.

• Elijah spoke the WORD  OF DISCERNMENT and he thru the circumstance although it seem difficult he trusted God and even though Fear creeped in on him , he began to admit to our God that the task was too difficult for him that he prefer to be dead instead. This happens sometimes that our faith gets weak it is when we stop focusing on Jesus .like Peter walking on the water , Elisha got scared of Jezebels threats , so he hid and ask God to kill him instead of comforting her . But God had him rest and fed him because he knew the things to come . We sometimes forget how big and mighty are God is , we forget that God is Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent and that he knows our past , future and our now .

• what Elijah did was have faith and obedience as well as fear.

EDITH Y. CHILES-WILLIAMS said:

PATIENCE.. ELIJAH WAS A MAN OF OBEDIENCE, PRAYER AND FAITH.. HE TRULY TRUSTED GOD IN THE MIDST OF WHATEVER WAS GOING ON. THIS PROVES HE WAS IN RIGHT RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.WE TO MUST BE OBEDIENT PRAYERFUL AND FAITHFUL WARRIORS FOR THE LORD.  HE IS THE SAME

YESTERDAY,TODAY, AND FOREVERMORE.. IT'S ALSO IMPORTANT TO REALIZE THAT HE KNEW THE VOICE OF GOD AND HIS POWER

• yes amen I agree ! with you sister Renee

Renee Fairley said:

The power of prayer! Then, there's the power of faith! ! He prayed and then held his faith tight! He never gave up. .
  • When the Power of the Lord comes on you. You are unstoppable and everything is possible.

• PATIENCE.. ELIJAH WAS A MAN OF OBEDIENCE, PRAYER AND FAITH.. HE TRULY TRUSTED GOD IN THE MIDST OF WHATEVER WAS GOING ON. THIS PROVES HE WAS IN RIGHT RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.WE TO MUST BE OBEDIENT PRAYERFUL AND FAITHFUL WARRIORS FOR THE LORD.  HE IS THE SAME

YESTERDAY,TODAY, AND FOREVERMORE.. IT'S ALSO IMPORTANT TO REALIZE THAT HE KNEW THE VOICE OF GOD AND HIS POWER

• The power of prayer! Then, there's the power of faith! ! He prayed and then held his faith tight! He never gave up. .
  • My God, my God, my God.  Elijah put himself in a relationship with God that allowed him to provoke or compel God to move in the situation.  Verse 46 stood out the most to me because he was on top of the mountain and was empowered by the Lord and ran all the way to Jezreel.  He did not just empower him to run but he even beat Ahab and he had a ride.  

• We must have the faith if God said it .Then it to shall come to pass...

This reply was deleted.