Do Not Forget the Lord

Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and possess the land the Lord promised on oath to your ancestors. Remember how theLord your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell during these forty years. Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the Lord your God disciplines you.

Observe the commands of the Lord your God, walking in obedience to him and revering him. For theLord your God is bringing you into a good land—a land with brooks, streams, and deep springs gushing out into the valleys and hills; a land with wheat and barley, vines and fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey; a land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills.

10 When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you. 11 Be careful that you do not forget the Lord your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees that I am giving you this day. 12 Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you build fine houses and settle down, 13 and when your herds and flocks grow large and your silver and gold increase and all you have is multiplied, 14 then your heart will become proud and you will forgetthe Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 15 He led you through the vast and dreadful wilderness, that thirsty and waterless land, with its venomous snakes and scorpions. He brought you water out of hard rock. 16 He gave you manna to eat in the wilderness, something your ancestors had never known, to humble and test you so that in the end it might go well with you. 17 You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.” 18 But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• WHAT A REMINDER: Once God blesses you! Don't forget it was him that gave it to "YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE"!! HE CAN ALSO TAKE IT AWAY, REMAIN "HUMBLE"!!

• Being obedient to God's Commands and his laws. You will be blessed with riches.

• my God, obedience is everything when walking with the Lord. One thing people do all the time is when the Lord blesses, them they tend to forget where the blessing came from. They stop playing, they stop worshipping, stop reading his word, and in some cases even stop serving God. And they wonder why everything, along with their self has perished.
  • Remember GOD. NO MATTER WHAT LIFE. BRING;

• God knows our every thought and purpose ,he sometimes when we are disobedient go thru to stuff,i believe because he wants us to grow up , he wants us to humble ourselves and he wants us to grow in our wisdom and not keep making the same mistake over and over again.

• AS IT IS TODAY!!!!! WE MUST STAY HUMBLE AND KEEP THE LORD'S COMMANDS. NOT FORGETTING WHERE HE HAS BROUGHT U FROM.. AND REALIZING U R NOTHING WITHOUT HIM... THIS SAME GOD .. THEN AND NOW AND FOREVERMORE. I'M STEPPING INTO MY NEW LAND AND LACKING NOTHING. WALKING IN FAITH AND OBEDIENCE, CONSTANTLY KEEPING GOD IN MY PRESENCE....THANK U LORD

• Every good and perfect gift comes from God. He had blessed the children of Israel and had made good on His promise to bring them to a land of milk and honey.  All he asked in return was to not to for get what he had done for them.  Unfortunately, some soon forgot where their blessing came from.  As I prepare to walk into my place of promise, my enlarged territory, I will do so knowing that without God none of the things would be possible.  Placing Him first in all my endeavor will make it difficult for me to forget what He has and will provide for me.  Walking into my land of milk and honey. 

• I can't imagine forgetting the Lord my God. Lord you see and know me father! Whatever you do, don't take your presence away from me! Lord I give you permission over my life, for my life is not my own. Lord I want you to always be 1st in my life! Lord help me to be more like you. Lord you are special to me and I truly adore you!

Amen!

• You know.... it a difference when u read a scrpiture and understand it. But its another when you go through it. The things ive beenthrough in life and seeing gods hand through it ALL. Let me know that he loved me so much to come down to correct me. He searched my heart and test me so that I may humble myself and overcome to help bring more outt. I do not take this life he gave mw forgranted. He had to break me to build and mold me to be who he created me to be. it blows my mind seeing the woman gods turning me into, yethes looking at me saying daughter this is who u were all along. Thank u Lord. Love you so much father.

• My God.  Thank you for leading me Lord and teaching us to live by your Word.  You kept us.  We can do nothing without you.  You kept us, Oh Lord for a time such as this.  Many have watched us go through the wilderness not knowing that you were bringing us to a full encounter with your Grace.  We shall never forget how you kept us and continue to keep us.  God, you meet our every need even before we come to the acknowledgment of it.  We will not take for granted the abilities you have given us to do and be as you have formed us.  Your love for us Oh God, your love for us.  How you love us.

This reply was deleted.