Replies

• Because Wolves are intentional about the harm they inflict upon sheep. In such an environment, the question becomes “how can we advance the kingdom of God effectively without becoming predatory ourselves?” Jesus taught His followers that, to be Christlike in a godless world, they must combine the wisdom of the serpent with the harmlessness of the dove together. 

• This reply was deleted.
  • Jesus wanted us to be very knowledgeable of whats in the world so we will know how to conduct ourselves as well humble, kind and patient like a dove so we can invite and help the world.

• Jesus sent His disciples out to do His works to know to detect and avoid danger from unbelievers. For them to know do not be afraid but to stay alert. Be wise with keen discernment and be careful of injuring or offending others spirits. This should be used in our daily lives.

• Blessings Prophetess Candace, I love your comment, and when you stated that, we as leaders must help, aide,assist, and be outlets of God's power source, in the kingdom of God. As leaders, we must remain humble at all time, because that is one of the essence, and foundation of Agape love. Jesus stated, and said it best:  Whoever exalts himself [with haughtiness and empty pride] shall be humbled (brought low), and whoever humbles himself [whoever has a modest opinion of himself and behaves accordingly] shall be ]raised to honor.(Math 23-vs-12, AMP). The higher we go in ministry, the more humble we should become. However, the body of Christ have abused, misused, and self-sabotage leadership,due to rejection, hurt, neglect, pride, and insecurity. It have caused a spiritual infection, and virus in the body of Christ. We as the new remnant of Leaders, God have chosen must be wise as serpents, and humble as a dove. Thank you for this powerful comment :-)

Candace Carson said:

Jesus told his disciples to be "wise as serpents and humble/harmless as doves," due to the fact that as persons who are/were born again, their purpose was not to do harm, but to help and be sources of relief spiritually and naturally.  A lot of believers get this confused, because there can often be a very fine line between helping and harming. Jesus also had to warn them however to be 'wise as serpents,' because He knew that those who were under the sway of the evil one, would come against them. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against rulers and principalities in high places."  (Ephesians 6:12)

The verse "be wise as serpents and as harmless as doves," also speaks to the very simplistic nature of the gospel. Repent. Love God. Love People. Obey God. Repeat. Anyone can harness the gospel if they receive it and apply themselves, yet each of our walks are different.

• Jesus say to his disciples, be wise as serpents and humble as doves because God is giving you wisdom in terms of how you should operate day-to-day.  God is preparing his disciples for "true", "real-world" ministry. Let's be honest, being in ministry isn't easy.  Therefore, as they are doing the work of God, God will teach them how to be "wise" and "humble" in order to build the kingdom of God because everyone is not "good", "peaceful", etc.  Finally, we must learn to work/walk among all men. 

• Greetings,
    Jesus instructed them to be wise as a serpent to be aware of the devil's wiles and traps designed to entrap them. Yet remain humble and loving to draw unbelievers to Him. In my mind I thought of how we are often called upon to offer counseling and we must be wise in how we conduct this type of situation. For example if ministering to someone of the opposite sex we should have a witness in there too.
    • I agree with your post, I'm glad Jesus wants us to be prepared

• Amen

Prophet Shaloria M. Mitchell said:

Hello Pastor Teyshana, Jesus told his disciples to be wise as serpents and humble as a dove because he had prepared them for ministry, to go out and share the good news. He told them to be wise as a serpent, meaning he wanted them to be aware, clever, having discernment, being practical and intelligent as they went out to minister, where they ministered and who they ministered to. When he told them to be humble as doves, he wanted them to remain submissive, not arrogant, not prideful, not boast about themselves. Jesus wanted them to be modest in their behavior, attitude, and spirit, not bragging or proud. Meaning it may be them who spoke God's word, but knowing the words come from God and no them. Meaning being able to cast out demons but knowing that it was all God's power and the name of Jesus. Meaning being able to heal the sick, but humble enough to know that God is only using you and without him we are nothing. Wise as a serpent, listening, paying attention, not losing focus, being sharp, putting up on things, but humble as a dove, to know you are right but you don't say anything you give it to god. Humble enough to know I have to forgive even though they were not there. Humble  enough to know sometimes I cant open my mouth, but I have to just let go and let god. That's what I got from the scripture.

This reply was deleted.