God desires that all His people move in the prophetic (1 Corinthians 14:1, 5, 31). The prophet Joel (2:28, Acts 2:17-18) stated that as part of the last day outpouring of the Holy Spirit “your sons and your daughters shall prophesy.” The Church will only begin to fulfill Jesus’ promise of doing even greater works (John 14:12) by embracing and walking in the prophetic. 

This is why the devil has worked so hard to discredit the prophetic ministry. Most pastors have been subjected to false prophecies or come in contact with a false prophet(s). With the recent restoration of the office of the prophet, abuses accompanied the real thing. The devil seeks to magnify the abuses and instill fear in the hearts of God’s people, especially leaders, so they will not give proper place to the prophetic.MarksofProphet_callout.gif

There are different levels of the prophetic flow:
1) The Spirit of Prophecy: (Numbers 11:24-30; 
1 Samuel 19:20-24; 1 Corinthians 14:24, 31) This refers to a corporate anointing that can rest over a body of believers that enables anyone exercising faith to prophesy.
2) The Gift of Prophecy: (Romans 12:6; 1 Corinthians 12:10; 1 Corinthians 14:3) At times God will give an individual the gift of prophecy for a specific occasion. There is a vast difference between one who exercises the prophetic gift from time to time and the office of a prophet.
3) The Office of the Prophet: (Ephesians 4:11; 1 Corinthians 12:28-29) God chooses specific individuals to function in this ministry role. 
4) The Prophecy of Scripture: (2 Timothy 3:16) No new prophecy of Scripture is taking place. In addition, all prophecy is to be compared with Scripture for accuracy.

The Function of the Prophet:

1) to operate in the office of a prophet by foretelling and telling forth (interpreting) God’s word
2) to travel in team ministry with apostles confirming existing churches
3) to help establish and ground new churches
4) to impart vision to God’s people and help them learn to hear God’s voice 

According to 1 Corinthians 14:3, when prophetic ministry is released properly in the Church it will:
Edify: build up or confirm church members 
Exhort: call, encourage, and excite people to duty
Comfort: strengthen, bring ease, help, and encourage – like a healing balm to a wounded spirit

The following areas may also be evidenced through the prophet’s ministry:
Direction: God-given revelation concerning His plans for an individual or a congregation 
(Acts 11:27-29)
Conferral: when God imparts spiritual gifts to an individual through prophecy, prayer, and laying on of hands (1 Timothy 4:14; 2 Timothy 1:6; Romans 1:11)
Confirmation: when God confirms a matter through another individual unrelated to the situation 
(Acts 21:4, 11)
Correction: setting things right in a spirit of love 
Judgment: bringing the reverential fear of God in a redemptive manner. This is not common.
Equipping: bringing order to the Body of Christ by matching gifted people with appropriate ministries, making the congregation more effective 
(Ephesians 4:11-16)

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Another awesome lesson that needs to be taught to leadership. Some don't understand that God can give you the gift of prosphesy but that doesn't mean that you are a prophet. Very important lesson that blessed me so much. Evangelist Vanessa be willing to continue to allow the gift of prophesy flow.
  • Did you know that in His life Christ fulfilled 332 distinct prophesies in the Old Testament? Jesus fulfilled every prophesy written about Him. Why In His final moments was Jesus determined to fulfill prophesy? He knew we would doubt and we would question. And since he did not want our heads to keep His love from our hearts, He used His final moments to offer proof that he was indeed the Messiah. He systematically fulfilled centuries-of prophesies. Every important detail of His great tragedy ( death, burial and resurrection) had been written down. From the betrayal of a familiar friend Psalms (41:9) to being crucified, (Psalms 22:16), Praying for His enemies (Psalms 53:12), Forsaken by God, (Psalms 22:1), Yielding of His spirit into the hands of His father. (Psalms 31:5), No bones broken, (Psalms 34:20), To His burial in a rich mans grave (Isaiah 53:9)  I am so grateful that His Holy Spirit is still imparting Spiritual Gifts of Prophesy in the lives of believers today as we continue embracing, walking and operating in the Prophetic Gifts of Ministry that the church will fulfill our Saviors Promise, (John 14:12). And operate in all the gifts of the five-fold Ministry as Jesus instructed. We are among chosen elect. Thank You Jesus, Lord we thank you. Pastor Shirley Lee (Mother) 

• I see my self in 2. The gift of Prophecy.

• Walking in the Prophetic Realm is walking in power and anointing.  This is very much needed in today's church however many are skeptical due to the many false prophets

• Wow. This really breaks down the gift of a Prophet and the office of a Prophet. This is something that is really needed.

• I like this because it gives order in the prophetic and puts it in order.

• I am so excited that the prophets will go forth and cause a change to come to the body of Christ! No longer will the churches be out of order and working unto their own agendas... Let the Change come forth in Jesus name.. Amen!!!
  • I bless God for his called prophets....the prophetic ministry is essential to having a healthy, functioning, overall ministry.

This reply was deleted.