God desires that all His people move in the prophetic (1 Corinthians 14:1, 5, 31). The prophet Joel (2:28, Acts 2:17-18) stated that as part of the last day outpouring of the Holy Spirit “your sons and your daughters shall prophesy.” The Church will only begin to fulfill Jesus’ promise of doing even greater works (John 14:12) by embracing and walking in the prophetic. 

This is why the devil has worked so hard to discredit the prophetic ministry. Most pastors have been subjected to false prophecies or come in contact with a false prophet(s). With the recent restoration of the office of the prophet, abuses accompanied the real thing. The devil seeks to magnify the abuses and instill fear in the hearts of God’s people, especially leaders, so they will not give proper place to the prophetic.MarksofProphet_callout.gif

There are different levels of the prophetic flow:
1) The Spirit of Prophecy: (Numbers 11:24-30; 
1 Samuel 19:20-24; 1 Corinthians 14:24, 31) This refers to a corporate anointing that can rest over a body of believers that enables anyone exercising faith to prophesy.
2) The Gift of Prophecy: (Romans 12:6; 1 Corinthians 12:10; 1 Corinthians 14:3) At times God will give an individual the gift of prophecy for a specific occasion. There is a vast difference between one who exercises the prophetic gift from time to time and the office of a prophet.
3) The Office of the Prophet: (Ephesians 4:11; 1 Corinthians 12:28-29) God chooses specific individuals to function in this ministry role. 
4) The Prophecy of Scripture: (2 Timothy 3:16) No new prophecy of Scripture is taking place. In addition, all prophecy is to be compared with Scripture for accuracy.

The Function of the Prophet:

1) to operate in the office of a prophet by foretelling and telling forth (interpreting) God’s word
2) to travel in team ministry with apostles confirming existing churches
3) to help establish and ground new churches
4) to impart vision to God’s people and help them learn to hear God’s voice 

According to 1 Corinthians 14:3, when prophetic ministry is released properly in the Church it will:
Edify: build up or confirm church members 
Exhort: call, encourage, and excite people to duty
Comfort: strengthen, bring ease, help, and encourage – like a healing balm to a wounded spirit

The following areas may also be evidenced through the prophet’s ministry:
Direction: God-given revelation concerning His plans for an individual or a congregation 
(Acts 11:27-29)
Conferral: when God imparts spiritual gifts to an individual through prophecy, prayer, and laying on of hands (1 Timothy 4:14; 2 Timothy 1:6; Romans 1:11)
Confirmation: when God confirms a matter through another individual unrelated to the situation 
(Acts 21:4, 11)
Correction: setting things right in a spirit of love 
Judgment: bringing the reverential fear of God in a redemptive manner. This is not common.
Equipping: bringing order to the Body of Christ by matching gifted people with appropriate ministries, making the congregation more effective 
(Ephesians 4:11-16)

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I thank God for this reading it explains each part and its function, no confusion. Amen

• Amen!! This is a clear view of the prophetic auxiliaries. I got it.

• The five-fold ministry, in my opinion, is just like a puzzle.  Each must function according to their design, if not the beauty of the picture is never experienced.  Embracing the prophetic is very descriptive of the operation of prophecy and walking in the office .  There are many false prophets as well as prophets who have abused their gifting and authority within the church, but there are also the leaders of the church who do not clearly understand their role as Pastor, Apostle, etc. who will not allow true operation of the office or the spirit of prophecy because of fear.  When God's design and not man's desire is fully allowed in the church, we will begin to see the church flourish because every office will operate according to it's purpose.  Great reading. 

• PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW... KNOWING YOUR POSITION IN THE LORD GIVES MUCH POWER,WISDOM KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF WHO U R HIM.. AS FOR FALSE PROPHETS.. TRY THE SPIRIT BY YOUR SPIRIT AND U WON'T B CAUGHT OFF GUARD. WE MUST HID THE WORD IN OUR HEARTS.... VERY GOOD READING(STUDYING)

• To move in the prophetic is a gift from God.In the church today there are so many false prophets,that the body of Christ can't even tell the real from the fake.The marks of a prophet tell us the true characteristics of a prophet, called by God and anointed to be God's mouthpiece to the people.what does planting a $5,000 Financial seed and you will be healed have to do with the prophetic flow and the apostolic anointing, and the five fold ministry? nothing at all.. these are the characteristics of the thief, inside God's house robbing the people with lies to trick them out of their bank accounts.True prophets walk with God, and those of us that have real r discernment can see clearly. Embracing the prophetic is a blessing,this helps us to see clearly what God would have us do, and moved as he has called his people to move in power.
  • WOW, My God,MY God I thank you, that thru this list of information you have began to answer my prayers , PRAISE YOU LORD! There is  a definite need of order and structure teaching in the churches when it comes to ALL gifts , but especially the prophetic flow. I have noticed that some churches do not recognize or have assigned prophets. the scripture that comes to mind  is :The bible declares in (Proverbs 18:16) A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.The word gift here means a present and we know the scriptures teach us that every gift comes from God. (James 1:17) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. God gives us gifts and talents that will be a blessing to His body and the lost and God is no respector of persons and he will make room for your gift, your talent  and your ministry. praise the LORD , Thanks, Pastor Teyshana for letting God use you.

• Praise God! I was always accused of being "funny acting"..I can see the call of being a prophet over my whole entire life ...also why the devil was so determined to derail me of my future. ..
  • Thank you for this post, it helps me to better understand why I see things the way I do and how I flow spiritually. 

• Lord let the prophetic gift flow in my life. Lord teach me your ways. That no flesh will enter. Just you l8rd. Just you..... bless all the prophettsand in the dimension to come. In jesus name

• This breakdown is awesome. So often we see the move of a profit in one stream but to realize with wisdom and understanding ORDER, it prepares the prophets to mount up on wings as eagles with longevity. The prophetic is key in knowing the direction in which the flow of God is moving. Without it we see stagnation in ministries and no growth. So blessed to be here gaining wisdom to do and be all God has created me to be.
This reply was deleted.