(Eph 4-vs-9-15) Week Two Reading..

Ephesians 4:9-15

New International Version (NIV)

(What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions[a]?10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature,attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

Footnotes:

1. Ephesians 4:9 Or the depths of the earth

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• From Humility to Glory. Phil 2 v 9: "Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name."
    V 10: "that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in Heaven(ascended) and on Earth(descended) and under the Earth."
  • Christ come from heaven to earth, to show the way, from the earth to the cross our debt to pay, from the cross to the grave from the grave to the sky..... We r His workmanship created in Him so that we can do the work that He called us to do. we must constantly stay in His word in order to grow spiritually in Him and the five-fold ministry. in order to grow, we must walk worthy of r calling. We can't stay on milk forever we must graduate to food with a little more consistency in it , solids and than ..... the meat constantly striving to mature spiritually. UNITY

• In death, Jesus was victorious over sin. He redeemed us. He gave us as gifts to the church (the gifted) with the sole purpose to build up the body of Christ. As we use our gifts, we will become united and develop more faith, have a more Christ like mind. So when the false teachers come we will recognize them for what they are. He says"my sheep know my voice".. We will not be deceive by false teachers.
  • Thank you Lord for increasing our maturity level.  There are many that would like to prolong your coming Oh Lord.  I ask that you stretch out in us like never before.  That there be only room for your glory shield.  Penetrate not just spiritually but also naturally that every fiber of our being lines up with your word Oh Lord.  Thank you for this word WOG.

• It is important to know what your spiritual gift or gifts are because it's what's God uses for the building of the kingdom.and it helps for the unity of the church so that we are on one accord.

• The apostles, prophets, evangelists and pastors and teachers need to be united as one faith with the knowledge of the Son of god. In order for us to go out and share the same message of God, so there will not be anymore confusion so the people of God be lead in the wron direction.

• We need the wholeness of the 5 fold ministry to become complete in Christ. The prophets alone can't do it, the pastors alone can't do it, the evanglist alone can't do it, the apostles alone can't do it, and the teachers alone can't do it but the everyone in the 5 fold minstry is needed for the body to come to the fullness of God.

• Ascending and descending shows me that in humility(descending) there will be exaltation(ascending). That when we humble (descend) ourselves under the mighty hand of God as Jesus did, we also will be exalted (ascended) as Jesus was to the glory of God the Father.
    Isn't it wonderful that it is Christ who gave some Apostles, some Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers not man. Even though God uses man/woman to confirm the gifts and call. Which is what's happening in I'm a Ruby, School of the Prophets. This school is part of our preparation to go out and do and for some to continue doing works of service until God says well done.
    V14- Praise God!!!! No more being tossed back and forward. No more being deceived by others with wring motives. Thank God that all things works together for our good because we love God and is called according to His purpose.
    I truly Thank God the Father for His patience with me. I thank God the Son for continual intercession for me. I thank God the Holy Spirit for supernatural COMFORT and always leading me into all truth. I thank God for all the true, authentic, transparent, full of wisdom and love leaders He placed on my path to assist me and strength me in my weaknesses. I thank God for our apostolic & prophetic teacher and friend, Pastor Teyshana. Because of Pastor Teyshana v16 is manifesting through her obedience to start and run this school with a spirit of excellence.
    ***ANJ***
  • I dont take the 5 fold ministry lightly. Its suchnan honornand blessing that our fatherbhas given us his spirit. The fact that dispite of our procrastination and not doing what he asks of us over and over again, the fact that he gives us chamce after chance to become mature in the spirit, and to learn how to let hus spirit take full control isnsuchna blessing. He gave us his spirit. He left us something. Yesterday I went to go see the movie "the son of god" and I left there speaking n tongues, crying. So thankful. I am thankful to have a clear understanding of who I am in christ and know my calling. He gives strength, and gives us a waynout, so that way we can let hisnlight shine innall places withinnus and walk in his spirit. He cam3 back for us, he didnt leave us hanging,  left his spirit.

• Amen God gives us all we need in order to build up the kingdom of God, and expand the kingdom of God, we just have to but all our gifts together to work on one accord for the benefit of the church. Gifts should be use so that God get all the glory and honor.

This reply was deleted.