ipod.jpg

Hearing God's voice is something we all long for-but did you know that it's not hard to do? In fact, God wants you to hear His voice! He doesn't speak to us through a quiver in our liver or through vibes or mediums. Hearing the voice of God is as natural as hearing your best friend talk to you. What's more, we can hear Him every day and not just on special occasions or by chanting special incantations. He speaks to us in the natural moments of life. Do you want to hear God's voice? Then you must be ready to listen.

When you want to have a conversation with someone, how do you begin? Do you stand in front of the person and hope they will talk to you? That might work if the other person is outgoing enough, but usually, we begin a conversation by opening our own mouths and talking, engaging the other person's attention. It's the same with God! He loves to hear us talk to Him, and it's in those moments that we prepare ourselves to hear the voice of God. Prayer is like saying, "Hello, God, it's me. I believe You created me and that You know way more about how I should live my life than I do. I'd like to get to know You better. Here's what's going on in my life, and I'd sure like Your thoughts on how to handle it. Would You please speak to me about this today?" 

In an ordinary conversation, we speak, then listen for the response of the other person. It's the same with God! Once we've prepared our hearts to listen through prayer, we're more likely to hear the voice of God. Does He speak to us through an audible voice? Some claim He does, but usually, that's not the case. We may not actually "hear" the voice of God, but He speaks to us in many ways. Here are some of them:

God speaks through His Word
God speaks through our thoughts
God speaks through conversations with others
God speaks through circumstances
The Bible itself declares, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1). In another place, we read: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness." (2 Timothy 3:16). 

You may hear people say that the Bible is just a book written by men, but the Bible itself claims to be God's Word! Can we rely on it? The evidence of history, archaeology, fulfilled prophecy and personal testimony over thousands of years is overwhelming that the Bible is, indeed, God's Word. 

The Bible says this about God's Word: "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:-vs-12) 

In the book of Revelation, we read: "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20). God will never force you to obey Him, but waits for your willing response to His call. Are you hearing His voice right now?

This week I want you to meditate on these scriptures and tell me, in your assignment. How your relationship with God has grown in this past week?

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• God speaks to us in a still small voice. We can rely on God through his word. Amen.

• Walking away from this desiring even a greater n more deeper relationship with Him to know Him more, to hear Him more, love on Him more! ;)

• There was times God was speaking to me but I didn't want to believe it was God an I would always go wrong. When I started to listen and really listen I find my path is not so hard. I pray every morning to God to let me hear his voice and direct me in the way He wants me to go. Sometimes I have to get by myself from all the commotion going on and I do hear God's voice. Awesome.

• After reading this I now know that God desires for me to hear his voice, and now my desire even more than before is to listen because he is constantly speaking in any and every circumstance and situation that comes my way.
  • AMEN . THIS   IS SO TRUE WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT GOD SPEAKS THRU A CONVERSATION WITH OTHERS . AND THRU CIRCUMSTANCES , IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME .

Gwendolyn Williams said:

We hear God's Voice Through Prayer in the following ways:

1) Through God's Word (Bible).

2) Through "our Thoughts".

3) Through conversation with others (God will put things on a person's heart to tell you or you tell them.)

4) Through circumstances & situations.

He has always "drop" things in my spirit, to tell people.  It would literally scare me for years.  I'm striving to walk in "God's calling" and, strive to lvd according to his well and be "obedient".

• God speaks to us thru his word, God speaks to us thru our husbands, our Pastors . God speaks to us in dreams and he speaks to us confirm something's thru a stranger. God speaks to us thru worship , he will give us a vision or someone's name .This scripture is very powerful , because we all should have the discernment to follow the our Shepherds voice. Sometimes when I meet certain people , I  give them a word of knowledge , I tell them something about themselves and they are wowww ... and it is an open door for me to pray for them or Lead them to the ;LORD .

.John 10:2-5 (NIV) "The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

• I often pray that God will give me a keen sense of hearing that I may hear his voice so clear. I thank him for loving me enough to want to commune with me.

• how my relationship has grown to follow..........

• Praise God,Praise God I must say that for the past 8 years, the moment I open my eyes I thank God. After that I immediately go into prayer, mediate and than study a devotional study.I have the clock set and that is our special time together. I don't start my day without HIM, I talk and than I listen after that... my day can begin. I keep falling in love with HIM over and over again

• We hear God's Voice Through Prayer in the following ways:

1) Through God's Word (Bible).

2) Through "our Thoughts".

3) Through conversation with others (God will put things on a person's heart to tell you or you tell them.)

4) Through circumstances & situations.

He has always "drop" things in my spirit, to tell people.  It would literally scare me for years.  I'm striving to walk in "God's calling" and, strive to lvd according to his well and be "obedient".

This reply was deleted.