ipod.jpg

Hearing God's voice is something we all long for-but did you know that it's not hard to do? In fact, God wants you to hear His voice! He doesn't speak to us through a quiver in our liver or through vibes or mediums. Hearing the voice of God is as natural as hearing your best friend talk to you. What's more, we can hear Him every day and not just on special occasions or by chanting special incantations. He speaks to us in the natural moments of life. Do you want to hear God's voice? Then you must be ready to listen.

When you want to have a conversation with someone, how do you begin? Do you stand in front of the person and hope they will talk to you? That might work if the other person is outgoing enough, but usually, we begin a conversation by opening our own mouths and talking, engaging the other person's attention. It's the same with God! He loves to hear us talk to Him, and it's in those moments that we prepare ourselves to hear the voice of God. Prayer is like saying, "Hello, God, it's me. I believe You created me and that You know way more about how I should live my life than I do. I'd like to get to know You better. Here's what's going on in my life, and I'd sure like Your thoughts on how to handle it. Would You please speak to me about this today?" 

In an ordinary conversation, we speak, then listen for the response of the other person. It's the same with God! Once we've prepared our hearts to listen through prayer, we're more likely to hear the voice of God. Does He speak to us through an audible voice? Some claim He does, but usually, that's not the case. We may not actually "hear" the voice of God, but He speaks to us in many ways. Here are some of them:

God speaks through His Word
God speaks through our thoughts
God speaks through conversations with others
God speaks through circumstances
The Bible itself declares, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1). In another place, we read: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness." (2 Timothy 3:16). 

You may hear people say that the Bible is just a book written by men, but the Bible itself claims to be God's Word! Can we rely on it? The evidence of history, archaeology, fulfilled prophecy and personal testimony over thousands of years is overwhelming that the Bible is, indeed, God's Word. 

The Bible says this about God's Word: "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:-vs-12) 

In the book of Revelation, we read: "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20). God will never force you to obey Him, but waits for your willing response to His call. Are you hearing His voice right now?

This week I want you to meditate on these scriptures and tell me, in your assignment. How your relationship with God has grown in this past week?

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Love this reading... you have to be ready to listen
  • Oh Lord give me more wisdom, let my heart not be trouble positioned me in straight alignment towards you Oh Lord.

I'm moved and thankful for remembering what thy word says:
    1 John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    Philippians 1:9 , 10

• Yes Hallelujah 
    Apostle Trina Davis said:

Apostle Trina Davis

1/27/15

Preparation: Read: Hearing the voice of God through

In the early 80s, I was taught how to hear the voice of the Lord, through studying the bible, living a life of worship and a daily love walk... Depending on how I'm lead, I will read the bible first and then enter into praise and worship, and there are times, I'll just worship the lord and lay at the alter... I have heard the Lord call my name, I've heard angelic music; He's does speak to me through his word. My life has changed a great deal since I've been attending the school. The teachings of this prophetic school & leaders, is the defibrillator God has used to resuscitate my heart, it has ignited the fire within my heart. defibrillator- an electronic device that administers an electric shock of preset voltage to the heart through the chest wall in an attempt to restore the normal rhythm of the heart during ventricular fibrillation...

In the text it says, Prayer is like saying, "Hello, God, it's me. I believe You created me and that You know way more about how I should live my life than I do. I'd like to get to know You better. Here's what's going on in my life, and I'd sure like Your thoughts on how to handle it. Would You please speak to me about this today?"

In Hebrew Hello means Shalom (שָׁלוֹם) meaning peace, completeness, prosperity, and welfare and can be used idiomatically to mean both hello and goodbye, Upon you be peace. (especially between man and God. Before I enter into the presence of God, I want to make sure, I make peace with God first, by examining my heart and repenting of any sins, and declaring my love for him. As result receiving the peace of God...

The word Rhema refers to "a word that is spoken", when the Holy Spirit delivers a message to the heart as in Romans 10:17

lógos ("word") is preeminently used of Christ (Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God), expressing the thoughts of the Father through the Spirit.

People question, the authenticity of the word of God... For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse (Romans 1:18-20)

• Oh Lord give me more wisdom, let my heart not be trouble positioned me in straight alignment towards you Oh Lord. Teach more patients and to quite and umbel as a little child.

Glory Hallelujah you gotta go through to have complete understanding of I AM 

I'm moved and thankful for remembering what thy word says:
    1 John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    Philippians 1:9 , 10
  • Amen i agree cause when i speak to God i goo all in...i sometimes just be wanting him to listen so i can be rileave and get it out my system. Other times i do be wanting a responds. so im glad i read this and about the other ways i can hear him. Amen.
  • This is a powerful passage on "Actively Listening" to The Voice of God and how to accomplish such a feat! We hear from God in various ways:

• God speaks through His Word
    • God speaks through our thoughts
    • God speaks through conversations with others
    • God speaks through circumstances

We can hear with our natural and spiritual ears that which God is calling for us to do.

This week as I meditated on the scriptures, the Lord had me to go into the secret place of The Most High God and rest in The Shadow of The Almighty! He said "Just listen. Hearken to my voice and listen attentively/actively to my EVERY command!" As I listened attentively, He gave me the Blueprint to my future and said "Now REST in me!" My relationship has grown so much closer (more intimate) over the course of the three weeks that I've matriculated through the I AM A RUBY PROPHET MINISTRY! To GOD be ALL the Glory!

Pastor Prophet Marsha "Firestarter" Jones

• Thank God for the knock at the door! He will open, speak, and answer. God I'm listening.
  • Lord, please help me to continue hearing your voice through your Word, my thoughts, my conversations with others and through my circumstances.  Help me to be still when you are talking to me, so that I do not miss what you want me to do in this season.  Lord, we know the Bible is real, we know you are real and we know you do talk to us.  

• LORD I THANK YOU FOR TALKING TO ME, YOUR PROTECTION
  • meditate on these scriptures and tell me, in your assignment. How your relationship with God has grown in this past week?        

God speaks through His Word

God speaks through our thoughts

God speaks through conversations with others

God speaks through circumstances

The Bible itself declares, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1).

In another place, we read: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness." (2 Timothy 3:16). 

Bible is, indeed, God's Word. 

The Bible says this about God's Word: "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:-vs-12) 

I have learned that God's word is not just in the bible verse but in the character of Biblical characters.  I have learned that the Bible is plain and simple.  It is all about God introducing Himself to each of us.  I have learned that the more I learn the more I learn that that is more to learn.  I learned understanding the Bible is a life long process.  I have learned that having a relationship with the Lord is not like having take out or home cooked fried chicken but, more like Pea soup cooked in a crock pot.  The word is fluid and rich yet tasty and healthy.  I have found the aforementioned abstracted notes are true to their testiment. 

This reply was deleted.