Marinating…but in What?

“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” Joshua 1:8 (ESV)

Preparation is always a vital instrument.  Our ability to successfully outwit the adversary is to sensor the type of “marinating” that our spirit man is being exposed to.  Today, as never before, it is essential that we are ever cautious and remain on our guard concerning the types of material that we are constantly permitting to enter through our ear and eye gates.  Far too often we are permitting our spirits to be marinated with; and to become saturated with the concepts of this world – without our knowledge. However, if we maintain the proper relationship with the Lord, He will always alert us to the ploys of the enemy.

Don’t permit your spirit to become desensitized to what God has established as our foundational principles and guidelines.  With the advancements in technology, we have the ability to have God inspired material at our disposal as often as we desire. Therefore, it is our responsibility to “choose” what we will permit our spirits to bask, soak… marinate in.   

Here is a prime example.  I very, very rarely watch television.  However, a program had come on after the news that caught my attention. I think that it was some type of detective story. About a minute into the program; the Lord said, “You can’t watch this”.  So I immediately turned it off.  When I asked Him why, He said that the program had the potential to introduce the spirit of fear and deceit into my spirit.  He also said that if I had permitted my spirit to marinate in such for an hour – I would have availed myself to every negative concept from the program.  Now… would I have gone to hell for watching the program?  Absolutely not.  However, like Sampson, upon my next encounter with the enemy; I would not have had the necessary wisdom, power and authority.  If we are going to stay at least a step or two ahead of our adversary – we must be on our alert at all times.  Everything that is a “good” thing may not be a “God” thing! 

We can’t possibly be aware of every current device that the enemy will use in an attempt to bring defeat and or demise to our plan of action.  However, when we begin to marinate in the presence of the Lord, we will have the ability to maintain a consciousness of Him – that will always alert us to every potential adverse situation.

Yes… preparation is vital.  Remember, marinating is a preparatory process.  It is a current procedure, whose results assure us of our future success. The problem is not “if” we are marinating…. But “what” we using as our marinating substance.

“I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways.” Psalm 119:15 ESV

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We have to be careful of what we hear, read, and see to avoid anything coming between us and God . Nothing should distraction us .  We have made a commitment to God and the devil will come at us to try to take us down anyway he can.

• Apostle Boatwright,I found this discussion to be right on point. Some of the Christians today are falling into the trap of I can do anything I want without any serious consequences. In this hour we can't play with the things of the devil and think there will be no consequences that will affect our spiritual growth. We must remain vigilant and put on the whole armor of God.

• You must prepare before you began to combine ingredients. Just like when we are cooking, if  you have high blood pressure or diabetes then you have to be ware of what you are cooking with, how much sugar you use or how much salt you use because if you ingest to much salt  your blood pressure will rise and to much sugar your insulin will elevate. So if we began to watch things that interrupt our spiritual man we are hindering what God is doing for us and in us. Even when we are sleep our mind is still working and we are taking in all that mess from the T.V or even radio if we are not careful of what we watch or listen to. Cast down those vain imaginations that exalt itself against the will of God and bring them into submission. 

• preparation is a process in which we must always pray and meditate on the word of God. watch what say, guard our mouth because our speaks life or death. Be careful of what you listen to. We are royal priesthood, so we can not allow the world systems to dictate to us, but God's system

• Amen! I was just talking about this subject with a friend of mine about allowing things to enter our ears and eye gates. I totally agree, but I believe there needs to be a balance. How can we relate to people in the world if we don't know whats going on in the world.

• It is true that we have to keep our focus on God. We have to be careful not to let any negativity come into our spirit. The Lord said that he would keep our mind in perfect peace if we keep our minds stayed on him.

• This is so so true. WE have to be mindful of the things we allow to come into our spirits. From the pictures we see, the music we listen to and the programs we watch, all these things paint a picture in our spirits and often can be hard to remove. They are also distractions the enemy will use to keep us from staying in our spiritual places. 

• I was telling my grand daughter this very same thing..( Thank You Jesus ) about these shows she heen wathching i tell her to turn it and I began to explain to her the reasons y she shouldnt b watching these programs..The devil is full of tricks and craftyness, but God is all powerful and as he say ," I shall not I shall not forsake you and we have a net ( his hand ) to catch us..I give My Father All oppertunity to save me from myself , the devil , and ppls..I am covered under is mighty wing..
  • what you meditate on is what you will become.nowadays television radio and social media is controlled by Satan to trick people into the following him.as the writer said we have a choice so long as we're choosing Godley programming to download into our spirit man we are meditating on the right stuff.
  • Wow!! So profound this has really blessed my spirit man. Because this is confirmation that this class is my footsteps being ordered by the Lord. Normally I would characterize myself in recent years as T.V /Movie buff... It's funny that wasn't the case my first 10-15 years as a believer I never watched ordinary/seciular television but as the years flew pasted more and more the little foxes came to spoil the vine.. I had not even realized this was the cause to many of the issues i had been having was coming from this. I could only go so far in the Spirit i noticed in these past few years. It was unaccessible because of doors opened through whats said to be family programming. Thank you Lord... because I have definitely noticed the difference since my encounter with this class... Glory to God! 

This reply was deleted.