Marinating…but in What?

“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” Joshua 1:8 (ESV)

Preparation is always a vital instrument.  Our ability to successfully outwit the adversary is to sensor the type of “marinating” that our spirit man is being exposed to.  Today, as never before, it is essential that we are ever cautious and remain on our guard concerning the types of material that we are constantly permitting to enter through our ear and eye gates.  Far too often we are permitting our spirits to be marinated with; and to become saturated with the concepts of this world – without our knowledge. However, if we maintain the proper relationship with the Lord, He will always alert us to the ploys of the enemy.

Don’t permit your spirit to become desensitized to what God has established as our foundational principles and guidelines.  With the advancements in technology, we have the ability to have God inspired material at our disposal as often as we desire. Therefore, it is our responsibility to “choose” what we will permit our spirits to bask, soak… marinate in.   

Here is a prime example.  I very, very rarely watch television.  However, a program had come on after the news that caught my attention. I think that it was some type of detective story. About a minute into the program; the Lord said, “You can’t watch this”.  So I immediately turned it off.  When I asked Him why, He said that the program had the potential to introduce the spirit of fear and deceit into my spirit.  He also said that if I had permitted my spirit to marinate in such for an hour – I would have availed myself to every negative concept from the program.  Now… would I have gone to hell for watching the program?  Absolutely not.  However, like Sampson, upon my next encounter with the enemy; I would not have had the necessary wisdom, power and authority.  If we are going to stay at least a step or two ahead of our adversary – we must be on our alert at all times.  Everything that is a “good” thing may not be a “God” thing! 

We can’t possibly be aware of every current device that the enemy will use in an attempt to bring defeat and or demise to our plan of action.  However, when we begin to marinate in the presence of the Lord, we will have the ability to maintain a consciousness of Him – that will always alert us to every potential adverse situation.

Yes… preparation is vital.  Remember, marinating is a preparatory process.  It is a current procedure, whose results assure us of our future success. The problem is not “if” we are marinating…. But “what” we using as our marinating substance.

“I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways.” Psalm 119:15 ESV

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I Agree with the reading. I needed to know to that

• Yes we must know what we are thinking on.

• amen
  • Amen as stated in the text it is very important to watch what we allow to come through our eye and ear gates. This is so important because what we think about will become what we do therefore let's just keep our minds on Jesus and bask in his holy presence
  • This is very much needed to stay 7 steps ahead of the enemy because he always try to stay ahead of the game had his plan figure out the moment he knew You would be arriving
  • Some of the things we hear or see may not be appropriate for me to watch as a true believer of Christ Jesus.  I need to make sure my spirit is in tune with God in order to do his will for my life.  In closing, I need to marinate on the scriptures in the Bible, which will prepare me when the enemy comes for me and to attack me.

• “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” Joshua 1:8 (ESV)

I agree with this article we cannot allow or permit our spirit to become desensitized to what God has established as our foundational principles and guidelines.   Our foundational principles and guidelines are in His WORD.  WE must eat of His WORD. Read the living WORD of GOD is imperative. The scripture given in this article states

We must continue to hold fast to the Word that God has given to use so that we may read, digest, fully comprehend and live!

Apostle Wiley’s example is to true and without question has happened to me before. As His called out one we must be conscience, cognizant of what we’re watching, hearing and reading. We must be deliberate in our plans and our choices in the places we go, the company we keep, the things we say yes to. We must guard our eye gate.

Luke 11:34-36 NKJV 34 The lamp of the body is the eye . Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light . But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness. Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness. If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole body will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light."

Matt 6:22-23 NKJV

"The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

More over another culprit to not  meditating as we should is when we our busy schedules to steal our time to meditate.

Keeping in mind that meditation is more than just flipping through the bible, or reading a scripture then moving on. Meditation is in a few words, thinking on, pondering and allowing the Holy Spirit to give revelation on the Word. This absolutely require preparation and planning, finding a place and a time that is conducive to productive time.  Productive time in meditation means that we experience results. Results such as increased understanding, direction and clarity for decisions.

In my studies I recall an extreme example of meditation. Although pretty gross and extreme example there are some important points that help with explaining meditation. When considering the cow, when he eats, the food .has to go through four chambers He chews then swallows the

, it goes through the first chamber then ruminates (yuk: 0) comes back and the cow chews the food a second time.

Yes they chew it again

Food is continually processed through the chambers.

As a result the cow gets tons of nourishment throughout the day, We need to meditate on, spend time in God’s presence. The amazing thing about God is we now have more than the book of the LAW we have the Holy Spirit to teach us and guide us and to give us revelation. That can and will nourish our spirits throughout the day.

AMEN to the fact that everything presented to us may seem good but it may not be a GOD THING!

This article reminded me of Jude. He sensed the urgency to encourage us to contend for the faith. To remember the WORD.

Jude1:17-24

17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

20 But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

As leaders I believe that  meditating on the Word of God, Marinating in the Word of God is a sure way to KEEP ourselves in the love of GOD.

24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

• As children of God it is very important to meditate on his delights which is the law of the Lord. not  marinating and not being in your comfort zone.To be and stay spiritual in the place that God would have for you. we as children of God must build our hopes on things eternal, continually set our affections on things above, Christ setting on the right hand of God. God will prepare you to Defeat the Foe,one day at a time. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth meditate day and night. Psalm1 : 2

zone.to
    The domain name 'zone.to' is parked at Register.TO Domain Registrar

• Domonique Smith said:
    Amen this true because alot programs folks watch them be spirits just coming through the television so we most likely need to be cautious in everything specially in what we watch. and if God say turn it off trust its for a reason he wont tell us nothing wrong.

I definitely agree with you. The airwaves are a virtual highway for spiritual riders and passengerside and we must be mindful what we allow access.
  • Growing up I loved horror movies but after God saved me and filled me I begin to get convicted and found I could not watch anything anymore. Just like cooking the meat takes on the flavors of whatever seasons used to marinade it. We are called to be salt and flavor the world with Agape. How can we be effective if we become contaminated.
This reply was deleted.