Mark 1:21-32

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Drives Out an Impure Spirit

21 They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22 The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. 23 Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out, 24 “What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

25 “Be quiet!” said Jesus sternly. “Come out of him!” 26 The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.

27 The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, “What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to impure spirits and they obey him.” 28 News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee.

Jesus Heals Many

29 As soon as they left the synagogue, they went with James and John to the home of Simon and Andrew. 30 Simon’s mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they immediately told Jesus about her.31 So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them.

32 That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon-possessed.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Jesus did not say anything to the lady he just took her by the hand and she was healed of the fever. No Words just power
  • Amen to all comments and responses. Again all spirits recognize their creator, and the Power and authority in the creator,  When we grasp the truth that God is in control, unlike those in the temple we will stop questioning The Lords ability to work in our behalf, and we will begin to walk by faith. When we truly believe that nothing is to great for Him to handle, we will no longer doubt his goodness, His power and His authority, over His entire creation. God holds everything in the power of His hand. Life and death. Human or demons. Nothing is to hard for God,  and nothing is impossible to them that believe. Those in the temple should have cast the demon out, but what we see is even those who say they believe in God is not enough. Belief without obedience is worthless. Those who settle for less than a total commitment to Christ may find themselves in the company of the demons at the time of judgement. What were they afraid of. The demon clearly recognize that Jesus is The Son of God. Clearly the demons understand Jesus awesome power- and they shudder in fear at the thought of Him. While we have the promise of angelic protection over our lives, non Christian are open targets for the devil and his demonic forces. Demons only respond to or avoid the GENUINE BELIEVER. They will not answer to someone who simply uses the name of Jesus without really knowing  who Jesus is. Religion will not keep them away. nor the symbol of the crucifixion. The devil hates what Jesus did on the cross. but wearing a cross will not drive these spirits away. The only thing that will secure us from the devil's domination and even possession of our soul, is the presence of Jesus Christ in our lives. Once we trust in Him we come under His divine protection and become His property We are His sheep and nothing can take us out of His hand. But if we are not a born again obedient believer. The devil can take us at his will. With Simon's mother Just one touch from the master's hand, just one true encounter with the great I Am will change your life and you will never be the same again. His touch changed her life and restored healing back in her body. He has brought life back into our bodies. as we were dead in our trespasses and sin. No matter what power and authority we have been given our focus should not be upon the power we have been given, but on the giver of that power. JESUS CHRIST.

• Faith, trusting in God.....knowing that he has all power and he can do anything but fail......The anointing breaks every yoke...Praise God....the unclean spirits revealed themselves...scared of this man they called Jesus....Glory to God.....

• I so agree with you Sis Lashawn, they recognized his Authority, and knew who Jesus was. What stood out to me is the man who was possessed with an impure spirit that was in the Synagogue. It took Jesus to go up in the church and rebuke that impure sprite and cast it out, I wonder how long the man sat in the church or how many times he came and went from the church,and no one having the power and authority to rebuke it and cast it out but because of it's fear of being in the presence of The Holy one of God, realizing the Authority that Jesus had, they told off on themselves and begged for mercy. I can see those spirits now, oh oh We Caught!!! The most high is in the building! We have to have that same authority and walk in it, same power and activate it, to the point were where ever we go the devil and his cohorts no us by name and know they're time is up!! Hallelujah!!!
  • This is letting you know that every yoke is being destroyed and the faith to believe that Jesus can do anything but fail.

• 32 That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon-possessed.

SO IN THAT CASE JESUS HAD A DEMOND SLAYING SEASON SETTING PEOPLE FREE OF EVIL . WELL AMEN AND HE WANTS US TO BE LIKE HIM AND DO MORE  "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.”

• Here again, the impure spirit recognizes Who Jesus is, His position, and His authority. And immediately they wanted to know if they were gonna be destroyed.

Now this account is in direct contrast to the other reading. In this account, the people were excited by Jesus' authority, and they initiated a healing and deliverance service.

I think it's also great to note that when Jesus healed Simon's mother in law, He didn't even speak a word, not a prayer... he simply took her hand and helped her up. Her turn around was immediate as she begin to serve them. 

What power and authority is that??!!! And to think, that's the same authority and power that we as joint heirs with Christ share.

With soo many self proclaimed and self professed Christians around... why in the world is there even need for a hospital when we are to walk in that kind of authority? Hmmmm....

This reply was deleted.