Prayer of Jabez: What is it?
The Prayer of Jabez comes from the Bible. In 1 Chronicles 4:10, we read:"And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that Thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that Thine hand might be with me, and that Thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested." The prayer is composed of four parts. First, Jabez asks God to bless him. Second, he asks God to enlarge his territory or increase his responsibility. Third, he prays that God will be with him and stay close. Lastly, Jabez asks that God keep him from harm so that he will be free from pain.

Prayer of Jabez: Why is it important?
The Prayer of Jabez reveals that Jabez understands what many people do not -- there is only one God and He should be the center of our work God wants to bless every life. But, we must first make the choice to invite God into our life and ask for His blessings. Jabez wants to succeed and increase his sphere of influence for God. The specific sphere of influence is not important. What is important is that when we want to reach for goals and accomplishments that we have God on our side. Proverbs 16:3 says, "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established." It is critical to understand and practice this in a close relationship with God. Further, it is equally important to stay close to God and rely on His continued support and guidance throughout life. Jabez clearly knows and prays specifically to the One who can protect him from evil and pain -- God. At the end of the verse it is clear that God approved of this faithful prayer by granting it. It is also important to see that Jabez was passionate in his plea to God: "He cried out to the God of Israel." God wants to hear that we need Him through passionate prayer.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just learned something new Did not or heard the prayer of Jabez

• First, Jabez asks God to bless him. Second, he asks God to enlarge his territory or increase his responsibility. Third, he prays that God will be with him and stay close. Lastly, Jabez asks that God keep him from harm so that he will be free from pain. In this chapter we have a further account of Judah, the most numerous and most famous of all the tribes; also an account of Simeon. We are not told in the scripture what account Jabez was more honourable than his brethren; but we find that he was a praying man. The way to be truly great, is to seek to do God's will, and to pray earnestly. Here is the prayer he made. Jabez prayed to the living and true God, who alone could hear and answer his prayer; and, in prayer he regarded him as a God in covenant with his people. He does not express his promise, but leaves it to be understood; he was afraid to promise in his own strength, and resolved to devote himself entirely to God. Lord, if thou wilt bless me and keep me, do what thou wilt with me; I will be at thy command and disposal forever.
  • God wants to hear that we need Him through passionate prayer.

I receive & believe it & let not these words fall to the ground!! AMEN AMEN AAGGAAPPEE!!:):)

• If only we make God first in our lives....He can do so much for you. Believe and have Faith!!!!

• I believe that God wants to bless everyone as he did Jabez, but we allow disobedience, and lack of faith, to interfere with the blessings that the Lord desires to release.
  • Thank you Jesus. Lord I invite you in every aspect  of  my life.

• O Lord God , Bless me and keep me safe , Have your will not my will be done in my life. continue to order my steps Lord . I need you Lord , Knock and the door shall open , seek and  I shall find .Lord iam standing on the promises of your word.

• I have the book on this prayer. it is a very powerful reading! I have prayed this prayer over my life for at least the last 8 years. My business really took off when I declared it daily!
  • OH YEA, AND IT REALLY DOES WORK!!!!!

• I say this prayer every morning..Jabez(sorrow maker) what a name for a parent to call their child. when we talk about curses being broken in the family, I believe Jabez was breaking the curse on his life through his name. He was more honorable than his brothers. He knew God and was in right relationship with Him. Such a small yet powerful prayer, he was covering it all and trusting in God, a prayer of faith and standing on His promises, how do I know? AND GOD GRANTED HIS REQUEST!!!!!!! HE PROSPERED HIM IN ALL AREAS..a sincere humble prayer.....many blessings,healing, deliverance and trusting in GOD

PRAYER,FAITH,OBEDIENCE,PROSPERITY AND IN RIGHT RELATIONSHIP, GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF US IN ALL AREAS OF R LIFE, WE MUST B WILLING TO RECEIVE........................

This reply was deleted.