Psalm 20[a]

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

May the Lord answer you when you are in distress;
    may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
May he send you help from the sanctuary
    and grant you support from Zion.
May he remember all your sacrifices
    and accept your burnt offerings.[b]
May he give you the desire of your heart
    and make all your plans succeed.
May we shout for joy over your victory
    and lift up our banners in the name of our God.

May the Lord grant all your requests.

Now this I know:
    The Lord gives victory to his anointed.
He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary
    with the victorious power of his right hand.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
    but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.

Footnotes:

1. Psalm 20:1 In Hebrew texts 20:1-9 is numbered 20:2-10.
  2. Psalm 20:3 The Hebrew has Selah (a word of uncertain meaning) here.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•   The Lord gives victory to his anointed.
    He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary
        with the victorious power of his right hand.
    Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
        but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.

David says with affirmation, from experience and no wavering of faith or uncertainty, This I know;.  We are victorious in Christ.  I will trust in the lord til I die.

• I TRUST GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Amen I trust in the name of our God. Thank you Lord for granting my request.
    • Ne'eman yes thank you God we trust you because you show us each and everyday that you grant our request it may not happen when we want it but you are always right on time thank you Lord.

• We can ask God anything at our lowest deamor and he answer it.

• I love to whole book of Psalms!!!  This is just another passage that I love, it reminds us of what God will do for The Sons of God!!! Verse 6 gives complete assurance.NOW THIS I KNOW!!! Hallelujah! Verse 7, I love, We know that other people trust in other things, graven images, people, but I trust in The Name Of The Lord!!

• There is nothing God would not do for us, faith in him answering our request, speaking our desires into existence is what we have to do....All of the books of Psalms make for a good read.....

• Ne'eman yes they do the book of prov and I agree there is nothing our God wouldn't do for us because he's such a loving God and he showed by example by laying down his life became a poor man so we could live 

• I love how this passage changes from making requests in the first 5 verses. to verse 6 when he says "Now this I know" there are some things that we can seek God for. And we can be fairly confident that if our requests line up with His word, that God may give it to us. But there is another level of authority we walk in when we KNOW for a fact, based on past experiences, what God WILL do and what He HAS already done. Those things we can count on and nobody can shake our faith in those things. 

I believe i'm falling in love anew with God thru His word. Selah...

This reply was deleted.