Revival: Unity Precedes Blessing

Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.—Acts 4:32-33

...unity of mind on the part of the people of God precedes the blessing. I have often heard people pray, "Oh Lord, send the Holy Spirit that we may become a united people." That is all right except it is precisely backwards. The Holy Spirit comes because we are a united people; He does not come to make us a united people. Our prayer should be more like, "Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life." That's the way we should pray....

This teaches us that unity is necessary to the outpouring of the Spirit of God. If you have 120 volts of electricity coming into your house but you have broken wiring, you may turn the switch, but nothing works-no lights come on, the stove doesn't warm, your radio doesn't turn on. Why? Because you have broken wiring. The power is ready to do its work with all the appliances in your home, but where there is broken wiring, you have no power. Unity is necessary among the children of God if we are going to know the flow of power.

"Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life. Amen."

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Amen! to this message that is who I am , I am a peacemaker it hurts my spirit when there is no unity a house divided falls, a eagle with a broken wing cannot fly. So my prayer is the same "Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life. Glory to God.

• "Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life."
  • "Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life."
  • Thank you Lord thank that I have a unity of life and that you teach me all your ways lord.
  • Amen I am in full agreement with this passage.

• Amen!  Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life. Amen."   I obtain these words in the name of Jesus and these words will not fall to the ground in my life.  God I give you Glory and Praise.

• Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all

I love this this is my deepest desire and prayer for the body that we become one and walk in oneness.

• This is great. Just like the body is a whole, when one part of the body is aching, broken or missing the whole body is affected. God wants us to be united and not separated by race, size or culture. God wants us to operate like the body of Christ was designed to.

• There is nothing more priceless than unity everyone working together for one cause on one accord.

• Ne'eman I agree it's just beautiful and all things start flowing like they should

This reply was deleted.