Revival: Unity Precedes Blessing

Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.—Acts 4:32-33

...unity of mind on the part of the people of God precedes the blessing. I have often heard people pray, "Oh Lord, send the Holy Spirit that we may become a united people." That is all right except it is precisely backwards. The Holy Spirit comes because we are a united people; He does not come to make us a united people. Our prayer should be more like, "Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life." That's the way we should pray....

This teaches us that unity is necessary to the outpouring of the Spirit of God. If you have 120 volts of electricity coming into your house but you have broken wiring, you may turn the switch, but nothing works-no lights come on, the stove doesn't warm, your radio doesn't turn on. Why? Because you have broken wiring. The power is ready to do its work with all the appliances in your home, but where there is broken wiring, you have no power. Unity is necessary among the children of God if we are going to know the flow of power.

"Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life. Amen."

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Unity brings the power and glory of God, enemy doesn't want the body of Christ to be unified because we would wreck his kingdom, but unit is where it starts, unity of the mind

• Mark 2:22 says: No one puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost and the skins as well; but one puts new wine into fresh wineskins." our Lord teaches us that it is a vain thing to attempt to mingle together the spiritual freedom of the gospel with the old ceremonies of the Law. To attempt to engraft the living spiritual energy of the gospel upon the old legal ceremonial now about to pass away, would be as fatal a thing as to piece an old garment with new material, or to put new wine into old wineskins. There is here, therefore, a valuable lesson for the Christian Church, namely, to treat new converts with gentleness and consideration.
  • When we move in unity and on one accord, God releases the grace that is a blessing for everyone. Unity is key when operating in the body of Christ, for it was one of Jesus's desires desires that we be unified.
  • Blessings Platinum Eagles, why do you think Unity is so important in being a leader in ministry? Why the body is suffering with Unity, and why do the people in the world are Unified more than the people in the Body of Christ? Explain Why?

• amen! I come in agreement in Jesus name !

• IN HIS PRESENCE ON ONE ACCORD........................UNITY..............ALL MEMBERS IN THE SAME BOOK, ON THE SAME CHAPTER AND READING THE SAME PAGE AND OF COURSE SERVING THE SAME GOD!!!

POWER WITH AN OUTPOURING OF OIL AND DEW AND LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UNITY. AMEN

• Where there is unity there is change.  When there is unity then God moves.  It was when the Israelites were on one accord did God send Moses to deliver them.  On the day of Pentecost there was unity and a great move of God. Lord help us to be united so that we can experience a greater move of God.  

• Unity precedes (come before in order and position) Blessing is truly revelation and confirms inconsistent teachings from my past teachings.  Praise God for correction!! AMEN AMEN AMEN I RECIEVE IT & BELIEVE IT IN JESUS NAME AAAGGGAAAPPPEEE!!!

• Wow what an outpouring that would be if we all united in the spirit.

• The Body of Christ must unite and realize that this is not a competition.  We are all created differently, specifically for what Christ has designed us to be!  We must unite so that we can stand united against the evil powers.  "united we stand, divided we fall"

This reply was deleted.