Keith and Janet MillerAs I begin this article, I want to share first that what I am writing is not just an article but a deep stirring and a passion in the depths of my heart. The Lord has recently even begun stirring a deeper understanding and a deeper unction to see a national-level of "Glory Revival Awakening" take place.

There is such a powerful need of an awakening in the Body of Christ right now. In an awakening, a slumber and apathy is loosed off a generation, and they awaken to the sovereignty and purposes of the Lord for their generation that will impact the coming generations until the Lord returns.

It is very important for us to embrace and pray into this level of an Awakening in our nation. Psalm 33 declares that the plans of many will come to nothing, but the counsel of the Lord will stand firm, and blessed is the nation who has the counsel of the Lord. The Lord loves to reveal His counsel to each generation. The Word shows in Isaiah 58:12 that we can see a lasting impact on the foundations of generations that lasts even until the return of Christ:

"Those from among you shall build the old waste places; you shall raise up the foundations of many generations; and you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach, the Restorer of Streets to Dwell In" (Isaiah 58:12).

Harvest by Robert BartowAs I share in this article a few thoughts on the topic of Glory Revival Awakening, it will not be all-inclusive. There is much to say and study on this powerful aspect of a national revival. But in our current society, we are in need of a powerful "Awakening" that literally awakens a generation to truth that sets us free and impacts the coming generations.

It is an amazing thing to see a revival break out from the presence and power of the Lord. In a matter of weeks, months, or a few years, a nation can be changed from decades of spiritual decay and depravity into a new course of societal transformation in the Lord's 

I can say with deep conviction and with great expectation in the Lord that there has been a shift in the atmosphere and that people want to walk and live in greater heights with the Lord. I can feel this transition. In that type of atmosphere, people begin to advance in their callings and purposes in the Lord that will, in turn, have societal transformation impact in everyday living around them.

So the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of the remnant of the people; and they came and worked on the house of the Lord of hosts, their God... Haggai 1:14

Lord of the Dance by Linda Harris-IorioThe phrase "stirred up" in this verse means, in the original Hebrew, "to rouse, awaken, excite, raise up; to incite; to arouse to action; to open one's eyes."

This same Hebrew word is used 81 times in the Old Testament. It is used to describe how an eagle stirs up its nest (see Deuteronomy 32:11), and also how a musical instrument is awakened or warmed up before it is played (see Psalm 108:2). It's used in Isaiah 50:4 twice – when the Lord awakens the prophet each morning, and when He awakens his ear to hear God's message (from The Spirit Filled Bible Word Wealth).

The Lord is arousing many in the Body of Christ deep within the inner man to press in even more, creating a deeper hunger from the stirring of the Lord in the hearts of His people. I know this to be true from what I have observed in our own meetings, conferences, and schools. There is a drawing of the Lord for the hungry right now, a deep stirring that brings a cry – a cry ofJeremiah 33:3:

"Call to Me, and I will answer you and show you great and might things, which you do not know." This is called holy desperation! The Lord initiates the hunger; and as He stirs up our spirit, we respond by calling out to Him. He answers us by showing us great and hidden mighty things we did not know!

The word "mighty" there means "inaccessible." It means that it was once fortified, fenced in, and we had no access, but now it has been opened up so that we can come in! He gives us "clearance" to come in to a place where He reveals mysteries. This creates a deeper longing and hunger in the hearts of His people as He begins to reveal His plans and thoughts to individuals, churches, regions, and nations.

Keith and Janet Miller
Stand Firm World Ministries

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wake up the body of Christ, revive us again for such a time as this..
  • Amen.

• All I can say is Lord I desire to be awakening, to hear to see and to do.  Awakening, Awakening. Yes Lord..

• Amen!! I see the shift in people they want to walk and live in greater heights with the Lord. I truly can feel a transition in me first but as I see others I see the transition in them as well. I thank the Lord for stirring up the gift in me and others. My take away from this  is "The Lord is arousing many in the Body of Christ deep within the inner man to press in even more, crating a deeper hunger from the stirring of the Lord in the hearts of His people" The awakening  has begun in me.

• God is a prayer answering God...you have not cause you ask not......trust him, seek and ye shall find, knock and the door will be opened....Hallelujah........Thank you Lord for the Holy Spirit.....

• Good awakening me holy spirit.
  • Hunger and thirst for you Lord fill my spirit. For you Lord know the plans you have for me and I am waiting. Amen.

• We need this time for the church to wake up of the slumber, Stir us up Lord so we begin to come alive and declare the word of the Lord,

• We are awakened physically and spiritually because there is nothing we can do without him. He gives us the desire to want to learn more of his word. He breaths on us and we are able to do great things. God shall do exceeding more than we can ask or think.
  • Praise God!!!
This reply was deleted.