Replies

• This whole book is a wonderful description on how God will honor, those of us who honor him. from the moment Samuel was called by God, and he recognized that it was actually God calling him, he was absolutely obedient.He was a outstanding leader always consulting God, not leaning to his own understanding. Samuel the prophet's life is such an inspiration in my walk, because I see what it means to walk in full and total obedience so you can accomplish what God has called you to do.
  • I really enjoy reading the book of Samuel and how God declares that he will choose a new priest for Israel from outside of Eli's family and begins delivering messages to Samuel as a young man. Love how Samuel becomes a recognized prophet throughout Israel delivering God's messages to the people. It really shows us that we must obey our Father no matter what...

• What love and faith Samuel had for God.Samuel made the most of every opportunity.He was even able to give a prophetic word to Eli I believe that this was his first time even walking in the prophetic and knowing it.
  • Oh My God! to listen to this audio allow me to not only pay attention and listen, but to picture each event,and walk with Samuel as he grew into the Man of God as his mother Hana spoke over his life before he was born. Samuel faith was so strong that when he ask for wisdom to guide his people God bless him. Samuel was truly bless with more than one of the fivefold gifts. Hana too was faithful for her to sacrafice her first born after waiting so long to have a child, God bless her with more children. Wow! all we have to do is to stay faithful,give him praise, trust and believe, that every promise will be fullfilled. Hallelujah! 

• He was obedient to God even when the people tested him. I was so profound that as a child in his innocence and what we call immaturity not even know God was calling him from his bed room he instantly jumped up just at the sound of God's voice because whether he knew it or not he understood the voice of God with out even knowing it was God.

• Mother Shirley Lee, this is a true summary in regards to Samuel.  We can learn from the steps and character of Samuel and apply them our lives no matter what our calling is. We are to live by example and be a man or woman of our word and of God.  If we make a commitment to God we are to stand on that commitment for God knows what is in our heart and if  we are just doing things without following through it can have a impact on our relationship with God and others around us.  God Bless you

Mother Shirley Lee said:

Listening to this audio was like walking through the Bible being in the story of Samuel. Technology is so amazing. Samuel grew in wisdom and gave the people messages from God. As an adult, Samuel became a prophet, priest and judge over Israel. A persons actions reflect their character. This is true of Samuel. It is also true of us. Striving, like Samuel, to keep our hearts pure before God. Samuel's success in leadership depended on his relationship with God. Not his position, leadership style, wisdom, age, or strength. Obedience is better than sacrifice, God wanted his people to obey, serve and follow Him with a whole heart rather than to maintain a superficial commitment based on tradition or ceremonial systems. Hannah was barren and prayed for a son for her husband who loved her, and whom she loved. She wanted to give him a son. Hanna wanted a son so bad that she was willing to strike a bargain with God. Lord if you just give me a son I promise to give him back to you. Hannah prayed and brought her problem honestly to God. God took her up on her promise, and to Hannah's credit, she did her part exactly what she promised she would do She gave Samuel back to God. Prayer opens the way for God to work. We all face times of barrenness when nothing "comes to birth," in our work, services and relationships. It may even be difficult to pray when we feel so ineffective. But we must pray anyway. We have to be careful what we pray because God may take us up on it. Although we are not in position to bargain with God, He may still choose to answer a prayer that has an attached promise. We have to make sure we will follow through with any promise we make with God when he grants our request. It is dishonest and dangerous to ignore a promise, especially to God. God keeps His promise's and He expects us to keep ours. Mother, Pastor Shirley Lee 

• Thank you Lord for the Word.  Samuel made the most of every encounter.  Even the initial encounter with hearing God in an audible tone.  Just the mere opportunity to acknowledge God in humility.  He went from the encounter to Prophetic training in giving Eli the Word of God.  My leaders pulled as well, it strengthened my trust and built up my faith even the more with God

• This true story shows the power of prayer. It shows how seeking the Lord brings benefits. It reveals the power of agreement and the power of obedience. Because Hannah kept her word in giving Samuel back to God it is what activated the favor upon his life.
    Looking over my life I can see the time i shared with God things I would do and I didn't follow through. And these were my most frustrated times. I believe with all my heart that even after God heard her request and blessed her with her son that the blessings didn't flow until she kept her vow.
  • Hannah got double for her trouble.  Hannah kept her vow to Lord. Hannah suffered from Infertility which was total humiliation and shame. To make matters worse, her husband's other wife not only bore children but taunted Hannah mercilessly. Hannah was so hurt and full of pain that only her lips moved silently with the words she spoke to God in her heart. Eli the priest saw her and accused her of being drunk. She answered that she was praying, pouring out her soul to the Lord. But Hannah had made a promise to God that if she bore a son, she would give him back to God. Hannah followed through on that promise. She handed her young child Samuel over to Eli.  The Lord  was with Samuel all of his life, and none of his words fell to the ground.  This is my favorite saying now. 

• The history of Samuel begins because his mother Hannah was barren and when they went up to the city yearly to worship and sacrifice to the lord of host in Shiloh she cried out to lord and God heard her and when she returns home become pregnant from her husband Elkanah. Hannah named Samuel to commemorate her prayer to God for a child, Samuel translated is God has heard. After Hannah had weaned Samuel she carry the child back to Eli who is a priest who sits at the doorpost in the sanctuary who was going to be over Samuel. God calls Samuel three times in which he thinks it's the priest Eli so he goes and ask him did he need or wish anything of him, Eli sends him back to rest, on the third time he gives him instruction on how to answer God after he realize it is God that's calling Samuel. once Samuel respond to god he told him that Eli wicked sons was going to be condemned to destruction. Samuel walked closely with God, he had a strong relationship with god, this is the beginning of Eli's fall and Samuel's rise and good government. Samuel grew in wisdom, he gave the people many messages from God, through his obedience he was successful in his walk with God. Because Hannah gave Samuel back to god for his Service he opened her womb and blessed her with other children, there are times when we have to go through a barren season in our life where we can not produce any fruits in our life, God has to open our womb so that we can give birth to our destiny and walk in his favor and divine blessings.

This reply was deleted.