Five-Fold Ministry

The Five-Fold Ministry doctrine is derived from Ephesians 4:11 "And He
gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some evangelists; and some,
pastors and teachers;"

hand4.gif

Just as the "little cloud...like a man's hand" (I Kings 18:44) preceeded the flooding rain, the five ministry giftings will preceed the greatest outpouring of the Holy Spirit in Holiness and power that the Church of Jesus Christ has ever known.

For almost two thousand years the Church has hobbled about in self-imposed weakness because of Her failure to recognize God's provision for power.

The same preachers who warn us: "Never pray for patience" for "tribulation worketh patience" (Romans 5:3) admonish us to pray and fast for maturity and unity, when our Father's provision is already revealed in Ephesians 4:11-15.

Perhaps their blindness to the truth is motivated by an improper understanding of the ministry gifts. Perhaps they feel that the recognition of these gifts would impose some sort of clerical heirarchy upon the Church. Quite the opposite is true. The function of the ministry gifts and their benefits are like salvation: our Heavenly Father doesn't force salvation on us, our acceptance of Christ as our Savior and all the ensuing benefits is voluntary. The same with the ministry gifts.

Several years ago, I flew to Florida to help my sister-in-law move back to Michigan. Before departing, I gave instructions to a friend to make sure the car was ready for the journey. When I arrived, I discovered that the car which was supposed to haul my sister-in-law and her family as well as a trailer had only four of it's six cylinders functioning. Additionally, the transmission had only second and third gear... no first or reverse! We survived the 1300 mile trip. However, our journey would have much easier had the car been functioning the way it's designers had intended.

As a young Christian, I was told to "read the red" (in other words: study the Gospels, especially the words of Christ). Well, I did. And one thing I learned by studying Jesus' teachings was that He expected the Church to walk in power, unity and maturity. Thirty years later, I can only deduce that today's Church is weak and divided because we are running on only one or two cylinders instead of the five originally intended.

Ministry Gifts in Ephesians 4:11
Responsibility Natural Manifestation
Apostle Doctrine and Discipline Enjoys building things: projects, businesses, etc.
Prophet Discern and Proclaim God's Word. Has a keen (sometimes problematic) sense of Justice.
Evangelist Present the Gospel of Christ to the lost. Enjoys direct contact with people. Most are successful salesmen.
Pastor To care for the everyday needs of the church family Enjoys serving. Loves to have people come to their home.
Teacher Instruct the Church in the practicalapplication of God's Word. Is able to explain complex issues in a way that even a child can understand.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The pastor, a leader after God's own heart will minister the truth of Gods word and will care for the church family, pray for them and watch after their souls.
  • Prophetess with discern and proclaim the truth of God's Word and plans and will confirm what this said the lLord,
    The teacher will by the anointing and unction of the Holy Spirit teach with clarity and will ensure biblical presents are taught with simplicity and made practical for application of the Word!
  • As indicated in this article when that church has in operation the five fold ministry fights there will be an out pouring of Gods power!
    The members well mature in unity, faith, love and power, they will understand the truth concerning their purpose and their gifts the apostle will ru with discernment and order, the pastors with care for the church family, prophet and prophetesa
  • I absolutely agree! The Church should have within it's membership the gifts of the five fold ministry. just think, within every body there are vital organs that operate to ensure quality of life. In the church there are five vital gifts/positions in the church that work together to nurture, teach, encourage, and fortify and strengthen the church
  • Amen Markeyse i agree with you ... there should be no flod untouched in the church a church should have a few of each five fold ministry.

Markeyse Hill said:
    Amen. We should be running on all five gifts in the church instead of one or two, if we are to effectively touch and reach out to the people who are lost.
  • Amen. We should be running on all five gifts in the church instead of one or two, if we are to effectively touch and reach out to the people who are lost.
  • Amen.

Domonique Smith said:
    I like how they got the Names of teachers prophets on the side and there Responsibility..
  • Amen. Looking at the hand diagram I think of a fist to pound down hell.all of the positionsounds are equally important and needed to impact for God's Kingdom.
  • I like how they got the Names of teachers prophets on the side and there Responsibility..
  • This gave me a better clarity of the 5 fold ministry, and the role that each office brings to the body of Christ.

This reply was deleted.