Disclaimer

The courses, training opportunities, and materials, as well as instructions, are intended for educational purposes. They are neither designed to give legal advice nor take the place of appropriate legal, professional, or medical consultation. As laws vary from State to State and from, Country/Providence to Country /Province, participants are advised to discuss any specific question(s) with the proper authority (ies). The purpose of this information is to equip learners to more fully understand the needs of individuals, and to be able to offer motivational, inspirational, and supportive information.

(2 Kings 6-vs-15-23, The Prophet Elisha, Seer and Bulls eye) week five reading..

2 Kings 6:15-23

New International Version (NIV)

15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.

16 “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”

17 And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

18 As the enemy came down toward him, Elisha prayed to the Lord, “Strike this army with blindness.”So he struck them with blindness, as Elisha had asked.

19 Elisha told them, “This is not the road and this is not the city. Follow me, and I will lead you to the man you are looking for.” And he led them to Samaria.

20 After they entered the city, Elisha said, “Lord, open the eyes of these men so they can see.” Then the Lord opened their eyes and they looked, and there they were, inside Samaria.

21 When the king of Israel saw them, he asked Elisha, “Shall I kill them, my father? Shall I kill them?”

22 “Do not kill them,” he answered. “Would you kill those you have captured with your own sword or bow? Set food and water before them so that they may eat and drink and then go back to their master.” 23 So he prepared a great feast for them, and after they had finished eating and drinking, he sent them away, and they returned to their master. So the bands from Aram stopped raiding Israel’s territory.

Views: 453

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Praise God for another on time lesson: I thank God how He shows us what praying in faith can do Elisha knew .HIS PROTECTION CAME FROM GOD - Vss. 15-17 Elisha was not upset because he knew God was protecting him.  He asked God to show his servant the great heavenly host that had them protected. We must remember that God has promised to protect us and He is able to take care of us even through "impossible" circumstances. Isaiah 41:10, 1 John 4:4, Hebrews 2:13-14, Jeremiah 32:27 Elisha's servant gets up and walks outside only to discover that the town is surrounded by the enemy, the entire plain is filled with Syrian horses and chariots.
In a desperate panic the servant runs back inside to awaken Elisha, yelling that the
enemy has them surrounded. He pulls Elisha outside and points nervously to the Syrian chariots that fill the plain on every side and then cries out fearfully to Elisha, "Oh my Lord, what are we going to do?"-- Strangely, Elisha isn't alarmed or even disturbed.  When we place our Faith and Trust in God there's no reason to fear or doubt ,in which Elisha 
demonstrated.  And as soon as Elisha lifts this prayer, God opens the eyes of his servant so that he can see not just the physical realities but also the unseen, spiritual realities.  It's as if God pulls back a curtain to reveal to the servant a reality that has always been there but cannot normally be seen by physical eyes. The servant looks around the village and still sees the enemy chariots, but now he sees what is certainly the most amazing and truly breath-taking sight he ever has or ever will see: the hills surrounding the enemy army are also full of horses and chariots, only these are horses and chariots of fire, like the one that had taken Elijah into heaven. The enemy may be surrounding Dothan, but they're surrounded themselves - and outnumbered, by the glorious, awesome army of God. Any one of those chariots of fire could easily defeat the entire Syrian army, and the whole place is surrounded by them! I would like to stop to catch my breath, and say to all of the Platinum Eagles Past, Present, and Future, this is the same God then and the same God now oh what Power we have living on the inside of us. Wow it's just Amazing that we have the means to tap into that same Power which can defeat armies one thing I know ( IS DON'T BACK DOWN WHEN GOD IS BACKING YOU UP) and Elisha didn't.  God's unseen presence is spiritual.-- That, of course, sounds like stating the obvious. But what I mean is that this story demonstrates vividly to us that reality is more than physical, that there's more to reality than the material world that can be perceived with our five senses. This story discloses to us the supra-reality of the spiritual world. Faith is like night vision equipment that enables troops to fight in the dark and to see what would otherwise be unseen. .If we find our ultimate security in anything in this physical, material world, we're trusting something that can offer at best a limited security, something certain to fail you in some way at some time.Ultimate security, security that cannot fail, comes only from one source, the Lord God who alone possesses supreme power and sovereign power. Elisha says to his servant, "Don't be afraid. Those who are with us are more than those against us." John echoes those words in his first epistle.1 John 4:4  You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.-- To Elisha's servant it looked hopeless, and, indeed, from a purely physical, material perspective it was hopeless. But Elisha never looked at life that way. Elisha always saw the presence of God in every picture, and Elisha knew that you and God always make a majority.  God's unseen presence is accessed through prayer.-- It's prayer that opens the servant's eyes so he can see the unseen presence of God. It's prayer that brings divine intervention to blind the eyes of the Syrian army. It's always prayer that connects us to God's unseen presence. It's always prayer that opens our eyes to behold the marvelous glories of our God. It's always prayer that moves the mighty hand of our God. It's always prayer that makes a way where there is no way. Because that's the way that God has ordained it to work. thank God for this lesson here I learned a lot by just letting God open my eyes like He did Elisha's servant....

Awesome story , no weapon formed against me shall prosper, if you really have God nobody can be against you God will take care of you.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Queen Chief Apostle T(M. W.).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video