Acts 16:16-18

King James Version (KJV)

16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes Paul demonstrated it.

Pastor Christopher Lang said:
    Authority we have to cast out demons is a wonderful gift.Paul demonstrates his authority given by Jesus to cast back and send to the dry place. We should have zero tolerance unclean spirits Just as Paul did.
  • Yes Paul knew what he was carrying and the authority being given to him; so he put his authority into application by casting out the demon. The demon recognized Jesus Christ in Paul and started making the advertisement. But it was just to distract them and make them feel proud and offend God; then they could not have authority to cast him out. But Paul understood the plan of the demon by wisdom and counterattacked him. So we need to be wise and know the mode of operation of demons. Help us Lord!
  • Authority we have to cast out demons is a wonderful gift.Paul demonstrates his authority given by Jesus to cast back and send to the dry place. We should have zero tolerance unclean spirits Just as Paul did.
  • This is mirrors. the other day my spirit was grieved and I fell to my knees and started praying in the name of Jesus when i had finish i was release of that spirit. Just like Paul he used his authority given to him by God and one statement it had to get out of her. I thank God for my tools.

• Exactly Evangelist Vanessa! We have to just plead the blood of Jesus and cast the enemy down!

Vanessa Harvell said:

AFTER A WHILE YOU WELL GET TIERD OF A SPIRIT GRIEVEING YOU AND YOU WILL HAVE TO CAST THAT  SPIRIT OUT OF THAT PRESON.WITH THE POWER OF GOD AN WITH LOVE.

• Sometimes the enemy tries to torment us by mocking us and being sarcastic with what is real and true. Sometimes you have to just put the enemy in check!!

• This kind of discernment is the business.

• I agree with the comments above...

and paul had great authority. he was like"yeah alright time for u to come out"....  thank you lord for the power to cast demons out in your name. 

• I like how Paul recognized that he had Authority to cast out demons with a command of a spoken word in the Name of Jesus.  Hallelujah!

• Paul with great authority as Jesus did commanded the spirit to come out and it did come out but what did paul do to possess the same authority? And can anyone in the body of Christ?

This reply was deleted.