DQ 1, week five!!!!

Why do you think the Prophet Samuel was such an anointed Prophet and Seer? Do you think the Prayer life of his mother Hannah, had anything to do with that? Do you think there is any bull's eye prophets in the land today, and if so tell me who?

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes I think because hannah had such a great prayer life and kept her promise she made to the Lord to give samuel back to God is why he was such an anointed prophet and seer and plus what his mother had showed him in her actions allowed samuel to walk in obedience to God. And yes we today is a bull eye prophet if we step into our new life and see God for who he really is with our eye glasses and be obedient to his word we too are that bull eye prophet.

• I believe that Samual was anointed, Because of his mother’s faithfulness in her prayers.  Samuel also was very dedicated to God and was faithful in his youth which prepared him to walk it is destiny. I’m pretty sure there’s some prophets and seers that has the same dedication that Samuel had that’s a living and active as I speak right now I’m just not sure what are the names of them.  

• I do believe that Samuel's mother Hanah did an amazing act through prayer and her word to give him over/back to the Lord. It was written before he was conceived. In through that as God is our Father of all, His anointing as a prophet and seer was manifested at birth right. I don't think Hanah realized the favor, anointing, blessing, that she was putting over Samuel.

Anything is possible through God. He could of birth His army of bull's eye prophets that are amongst us preparing for Him to come or someone's mother could of said a prayer and made a promise. I'm not sure if I have met or seen any if any. Many seem true in spirit and His works, but truth lays with the spirit of the Lord.
  • Toward the end of the period of the judges of Israel, the roughly 300 years between Joshua and King Saul, God began preparing a child who would have profound leadership skills and spiritual steadfastness to judge Israel. After Samuel began serving as judge, he continued in this role “all the days of his life” (1 Samuel 7:15). He also served as a teacher and prophet/

The story of Samuel’s life begins with the very touching scene of Hannah, a wife of Elkanah, praying to God at the tabernacle in Shiloh. She was pleading with God to allow her to bear a son because she was barren. Elkanah was a Levite of the region of Ephraim. His other wife, Peninnah, was able to bear several children, and she made Hannah’s life miserable (1 Samuel 1:4-6, 10).

Hannah made a vow to God that if He would allow her to bear a son, she would give the boy to the service of God all the days of his life (verse 11). Some time passed and God answered Hannah’s prayer. She conceived and bore a son, calling his name Samuel, saying, “Because I have asked for him from the Lord” (verse 20).

As Samuel grew and faithfully conveyed messages from God, it became obvious that God was working through him. “And all Israel from Dan to Beersheba knew that Samuel had been established as aprophet of the LORD” (1 Samuel 3:20, emphasis added throughout). Samuel was also referred to as a “seer” (1 Chronicles 9:22), another name for prophet. A seer meant one who sees, as in one who receives God’s revelation.

The people of Israel consulted Samuel on difficult subjects (1 Samuel 9:6-10), and the elders trembled before him as the representative of God’s authority (1 Samuel 12:1816:4-5). Yet in his great concern for the nation, at times he would be in deep intercessory prayer for them (1 Samuel 7:7-815:11).

Samuel labored throughout his life for the welfare of his people and served as Israel’s last judge before the people asked for a monarchy. The biblical record shows that although there were battles and some losses by Israel’s armies, overall, the nation survived and flourished under the leadership of Samuel.

Eventually, order was established, godliness was promoted, and the nation was at peace and prospered. “So the Philistines were subdued, and they did not come anymore into the territory of Israel. And the hand of the LORD was against the Philistines all the days of Samuel. Then the cities which the Philistines had taken from Israel were restored to Israel, from Ekron to Gath; and Israel recovered its territory from the hands of the Philistines. Also there was peace between Israel and the Amorites” (1 Samuel 7:1

Samuel’s life serves as an example for believers today. Key principles include his obedience to God, his faith (Hebrews 11:32) and his willingness to intercede for others (Jeremiah 15:1).

“The Seer describes the life and work of the Prophet Samuel, called ‘the Seer’ and ‘the man of God’ by his contemporaries, who lived in the period of the Old Testament and is a saint of our Church.  The author examines the fascinating life of the Prophet and uses events from it to illustrate the relationships between parents and children, spiritual fathers and their disciples, and rulers and those they rule in a theological perspective.

Early chapters focus on Hannah and 

and discuss prayer in the heart. The Prophet was a son born by God’s good pleasure and sanctified from his mother’s womb. The miraculous nature of his birth demonstrates that the conception of a human being is the action of God’s grace, and that children are God’s gifts. There are practical comments about bringing up children in the Church, prompted by the account of Samuel as a child in the Temple. Later in the book there is a specific chapter about Samuel’s sons and the reasons why children from devout families sometimes rebel and take the wrong path, as they did.

The Prophet Samuel received revelations from God and possessed the spiritual gifts of clear sight aThe Prophet Samuel received revelations from God and possessed the spiritual gifts of clear sight and seeing into the future. There is a detailed discussion of what exactly these charismas are and for what purpose they are bestowed by God. 

The Holy Spirit was at work in the Old Testament, and there is a compelling account of how Saul was filled with the Holy Spirit when anointed by Samuel, although he later lost this gift completely. The chapters on Saul’s sins, which seem superficially not to be serious, but were in fact so grave that they caused God to ‘change His mind’ about him, are thought-provoking. As a spiritual father, the author is able to understand Samuel’s profound grief over Saul’s fall and to describe it.

There are many Prophesying and hitting the Bulls Eye calling a Prophetic Forecast, Bishop Senegal

• I say the same thing Evangelist Bobie

MISSIONARY BOBIE SMITH said:
    I think Daniel was anointed because of his mother prayers and his ability to listen and obey God.
  • I think Daniel was anointed because of his mother prayers and his ability to listen and obey God.
  • I agree with you Prophetess Sonessahray-Hannah's prayers were "pure".  She didn't pray with evil intent.  If we think about it, Hannah understood the true strategy for getting a breakthrough...pray with sincerity and pureness.  God will take care of the rest. :-)
    Prophetess Sonseeahray M. Foster said:

I believe that Samuel was personally chosen in glory by God to be a blessing to Hannah, the priests, kingdoms, and God's chosen people. The anointing was placed on the purpose, and call. Yes, Hannah prayers was sincere, and was in the will of God. Yes I do, Markeyse Hill's just to name one.

• Prophet Samuel was such an anointed prophet/seer because of his mother.  His mother was a prayer warrior.  She wasn't afraid to tap into the one "true" resource that made ALL the difference in her life "GOD".  When Hannah prayed, she prayed fervently.  She didn't care what others thought of her.  She only wanted her breakthrough.  Thus, she was commented to keeping her eyes/prayer life focused on God, and she was commented to keeping her "vow" to God in terms of taking her son to live in the temple and not shaving his head.  That's why her son was such a great prophet/seer...it was birthed forth since day one...long before he was conceived in his mother's womb.  He couldn't help but become a powerful man of God because his mother was a powerful prayer warrior who didn't mind "asking" God for what she wanted.  

However, I don't know if we have "true" bull's eye prophets in the land today.  Often, the prophets that I've interacted with or see on television are usually self-servicing, even though they have a true gift and real anointing.  

• I believe that Samuel was personally chosen in glory by God to be a blessing to Hannah, the priests, kingdoms, and God's chosen people. The anointing was placed on the purpose, and call. Yes, Hannah prayers was sincere, and was in the will of God. Yes I do, Markeyse Hill's just to name one.

• amen

Chira Johnson said:
    I think that Samuel was so anointed partially because of his mother's praying but I think it was partially due to the fact that he was in training to be a priest since the age of two. The Scripture says that he ministered before the Lord and Hannah even made him a linen ephod as a child. Samuel 2:35 says that the Lord raised him up for himself, a faithful priest to do what was in the Lords heart and mind. "I will build him a sure house and he shall walk before my anointed forever (God speaking).So the number one reason Samuel was so anointed was because God raised him up for that purposes. God chose to use him to do great things.
This reply was deleted.