Replies

• Juses to his disciples to be wise as a serpent and humble as doves because God was getting them ready to go out and minister to go out unto the world and share is word..he told them to be wise as a serpent because they have cleverty and to be humble as doves because the have peacr .
  • Jesus understood the wisdom and cleverness of the serpent; this from the beginning of the world, with Eve and also with Jesus Himself in the wilderness. Nobody knows the plan of a serpent. But only a serpent can know the plan of a serpent. That's why Jesus told us to be wise as serpent in order to understand and know the strategies and plans of the enemy(serpent). The humility of a dove that Jesus requires, is to establish Peace everywhere the disciples go, even where they are not welcomed, they should leave in Peace. They are canals chosen by God, so any signs and wonders or miracles are performed by God through them. It's a pity nowadays, pride has taken over in a lot of ministers lives and ministries. This is the main reason why we must bring Christ back on top of the church as HEAD. HALLELUJAH!
  • T o be wise as a serpent and harmless humble  as a dove . The understanding of this writing for me is to " have sensitive discernment of surrounding areas. A reminder of humbleness so that anytime, a miracle happens , We are to be reminded that it was done in the name of JESUS ,  and it was not done by our might or our force or strength but it was by the Spirit of the LORD . He gets the Glory, not us . Be sharp minded . focus , attentive so that you are aware of the fiery darts of the wicked that will try to come your way.Always be prepared with putting on the full ARMOR OF GOD  and the garment of praise .Ask God for sensitive discernment and GODS WISDOM. SERPENT IS LIKE BEING IN THE LOOK OUT , ASK GODS APPROVAL ALWAYS IF NOT SURE ABOOUT SOMETHING OR SOMEONE ...HUMBLE YOURSELF AND ASK .

LORD I PRAY THAT AS I DECREASE YOU INCREASE IN MY LIFE AND AS I HUMBLE MYSELF  1PET5:6  EXALT Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

• A Serpent being wise with keen eyesight and quick to learn even though he is not of God and the dove is innocent , meek and gentle,  the disciples had to balance out and be aware of all kinds. The disciples were going out like sheep among wolves. But when the Holy Spirit appeared it would so  in the form of a Dove.

• I believe we have to be wise as serpents when dealing with those among us in and of the world but we also have to deal with them with a humbled spirit. No matter what Jesus was faced with He dealt with the situations through love and He remained humbled and He walked in wisdom. 

• Serpents are always watching n always aware! You must be very skilled to sneak up on them so as we should be hard to sneak up on as well. The enemy should NEVER be able to side swipe us in the spirit or in the natural. We should be so sensitive in keen in the spirit. that we should be able to smell him, see him, feel him, sense him, coming afar off... before He could ever get close enough to strike.

Doves are temperament is calm n disposition sweet... so be harmless is blameless, faultless, irreproachable... Then also Id like to add the opposite of provoke or harass... to appease, bring peace, n calm.

Balance is key the effect of the two is truly being well equipped for battle. This was the preparation Jesus was speaking of. See in the beginning of this reference Matthew 10:16.

He says I SEND YOU FORTH as lambs for the slaughter. Knowing if this balance isn't found n perfected. This what we can look forward n inevitable result... Sounds intentional right but it's all about the equipping follow the instructions n it's fool proof lol...

He said wisdom is the principle thing with all your get an understanding... Proverbs 4:7

Be at peace with all men Romans 12:18 its a state of being, n when we've mastered this concept we can truly walk in that balance to draw all men to him. Which also gives us that confidence to walk away when not received dust off our feet n keep it moving because we won't walk in offense. ;)

• Jesus was saying be wise as serpents, be aware of your surroundings, don't fall for anything, use past experiences to help you get through future situations. But be humble as a Dove, don't get high minded, stay low, so that God can use you

• jesus said this because he knew that the devil appeared in the garden as a serpent, and the devil knows the word as well.Snakes are very wise and full of wisdom they wait for the opportune time to strike.What he means by being as harmless as a dove when sharing the gospel,the good news is to be preached in love there is no harshness about it,and it is one of the greatest gifts that a person could ever receive so we don't want to scare anybody away or beat them over-the-head what the word,but it is to be presented as a beautiful dove harmless and innocent.
  • Prior to Jesus saying this to the disiciples He said "behold I send you forth AS sheep in the midst of wolves..with that we know that a wolf will attack a sheep, its his nature.. He was instructing them to be wise AS the serpent.. not forgetting the nature of the serpent. clever,cunning and conniving up to no good and against being good. He was putting them up on game. they had to allow the true wisdom of the Lord to dwell in them. they had to be led by the Spirit and aware of the element of what they were dealing with and not be tricked. humble,harmless as doves, going with grace, peace the right attitude and most of all with humility. Meeting people where they are and not being boastful,showing off and talking more than listening..why they were on a mission to add to the kingdom of God to teach and preach salvation and repentence . He was preparing them for the job HE had chosen them to do, giving them instruction.

• Be wise as serpents- Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth will speak, know my word, watch as well as pray, stay in the Spirit . That's where being wise is ,wisdom comes from above. Y ou won't be sleep to the devils tactics.

humble as doves- Don't judge others, be blameless only doing what your heavenly fatheer tells yo to do. Lean not to your own understanding.

This reply was deleted.