God desires that all His people move in the prophetic (1 Corinthians 14:1, 5, 31). The prophet Joel (2:28, Acts 2:17-18) stated that as part of the last day outpouring of the Holy Spirit “your sons and your daughters shall prophesy.” The Church will only begin to fulfill Jesus’ promise of doing even greater works (John 14:12) by embracing and walking in the prophetic. 

This is why the devil has worked so hard to discredit the prophetic ministry. Most pastors have been subjected to false prophecies or come in contact with a false prophet(s). With the recent restoration of the office of the prophet, abuses accompanied the real thing. The devil seeks to magnify the abuses and instill fear in the hearts of God’s people, especially leaders, so they will not give proper place to the prophetic.MarksofProphet_callout.gif

There are different levels of the prophetic flow:
1) The Spirit of Prophecy: (Numbers 11:24-30; 
1 Samuel 19:20-24; 1 Corinthians 14:24, 31) This refers to a corporate anointing that can rest over a body of believers that enables anyone exercising faith to prophesy.
2) The Gift of Prophecy: (Romans 12:6; 1 Corinthians 12:10; 1 Corinthians 14:3) At times God will give an individual the gift of prophecy for a specific occasion. There is a vast difference between one who exercises the prophetic gift from time to time and the office of a prophet.
3) The Office of the Prophet: (Ephesians 4:11; 1 Corinthians 12:28-29) God chooses specific individuals to function in this ministry role. 
4) The Prophecy of Scripture: (2 Timothy 3:16) No new prophecy of Scripture is taking place. In addition, all prophecy is to be compared with Scripture for accuracy.

The Function of the Prophet:

1) to operate in the office of a prophet by foretelling and telling forth (interpreting) God’s word
2) to travel in team ministry with apostles confirming existing churches
3) to help establish and ground new churches
4) to impart vision to God’s people and help them learn to hear God’s voice 

According to 1 Corinthians 14:3, when prophetic ministry is released properly in the Church it will:
Edify: build up or confirm church members 
Exhort: call, encourage, and excite people to duty
Comfort: strengthen, bring ease, help, and encourage – like a healing balm to a wounded spirit

The following areas may also be evidenced through the prophet’s ministry:
Direction: God-given revelation concerning His plans for an individual or a congregation 
(Acts 11:27-29)
Conferral: when God imparts spiritual gifts to an individual through prophecy, prayer, and laying on of hands (1 Timothy 4:14; 2 Timothy 1:6; Romans 1:11)
Confirmation: when God confirms a matter through another individual unrelated to the situation 
(Acts 21:4, 11)
Correction: setting things right in a spirit of love 
Judgment: bringing the reverential fear of God in a redemptive manner. This is not common.
Equipping: bringing order to the Body of Christ by matching gifted people with appropriate ministries, making the congregation more effective 
(Ephesians 4:11-16)

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Awesome it really breaks down how important prophetic flow is important to keep the body of christ in order the way God intended. 

• Amen this reading points of the structure of the lord. Amen

• Blessings Gail Weeks...I agree with your point of view WOG.

gail weeks said:

95 % of the churches would survive if they adopt this creed.  It would grow  and flourish if they would allow God to move accordingly.  I love this, and thank you for posting this reading Pastor Wiley.

• Prophetess Jennifer Dillion,

This information was encouraging to my soul too.

Prophetess Jennifer Dillon said:

This was encouraging to my soul.

• Praise God.  I really needed this information because so many people operate in the church with a prophetic gift, but after reading this information, I've come to gain valuable insight.  

To be honest, I never that all these roles were crucial duties in terms of me and my prophetic gift concerning the church and my future ministry.

The Function of the Prophet:
    1) to operate in the office of a prophet by foretelling and telling forth (interpreting) God’s word
    2) to travel in team ministry with apostles confirming existing churches
    3) to help establish and ground new churches
    4) to impart vision to God’s people and help them learn to hear God’s voice

• i am who god says i am in Jesus name and to learn all of office of the prophet mind blowing name

• Thank you Jesus. Such a great responsibility and levels to flowing effectively in the prophetic

• Amen Learning alot. About the Prophetic Flow.
  • Amen
  • Amen, It bears witness with my Spirit that the Lord wants his hurch to function i the 5 Ministry and to prophesy.

This reply was deleted.