"...He (JESUS) gave them (His followers) power against unclean spirits, to cast them out..." ~Matthrew 10:1.

"JESUS sent forth (His followers), and commanded them, saying, 'Go...cast out devils..." ~Matthew 10:5,8.

"...He (JESUS) sent them (His followers) forth...to have power...to cast out devils." ~Mark 3:14,15.

"And He (JESUS) called...and began to send them (His followers) forth two and two, and gave them power over unclean spirits..." ~Mark 6:7.

"And He (JESUS) said unto them (His followers)...'In My Name, shall they (future followers as well) cast out devils...' " ~Mark 16:17.

"Then He (JESUS) called...and gave them (His followers) power and authority over all devils..." ~Luke 9:1.

"Behold, I (JESUS) give unto you (My followers) power...over all the power of the enemy..." ~Luke 10:19.

Those are our orders, issued by our Commander-in-Chief. But what are we to do with them?

NOTICE, JESUS recognized satan, his demons, evil spirits, and devils as real; and gave us the low down about their modus operandi. But He reminds us that these are not just some pesky little creatures bent on annoying humans. They are, instead, cold, calculating, resourceful, cannot be appeased or pacified: AND they are out to destroy you and me...everyone...families, nations, but particularly Christians.

Now let us consider JESUS' methodology (John 14:6) in getting rid of demons and devils from human beings. If you are interested in this type of ministry...or if confronted by a demon-possessed individual... you will want to know the only true way to success. So I invite you to examine the record, GOD's Word, and we will start in Matthew 4:1-11, which describes CHRIST's encounters with satan in the wilderness.

Don't miss the impact here that every time satan tempted JESUS, the only weapon our Commander-in-Chief used was the Sword of the SPIRIT, which is the Word of GOD! By this example, we are again reminded of the importance of immersing and saturating our minds with Scripture.

Here are a few details worth noting:

1) satan never questioned the authority of the Word. NEVER...NOT ONCE!

2) JESUS quoted each time from the book of Deuteronomy. (For anyone who thinks the Old Testament is obsolete, I 'd say, think again).

3) JESUS did not vary His method, but consistently used the Word against the destroyer of souls.

Also, take note, JESUS never entered into a conversation with the devil. He had only one reply and that was, "It is written...It is written...It is written..."

With this in mind, let's now investigate the other recorded instances of CHRIST's confrontations with satan's cohorts. The 1st encounter is perhaps the one most deliverance ministries take their pattern of operation from, it is found in Matthew 8:28-33 (it is further enhanced in Mark 5:1-20 and Luke 8:26-39). This is the only time JESUS engaged in a minor exchange with a demon. Luke 8:30 says, "JESUS asked him, 'What is your name (singular)?' The demon replied, 'legion', for there were many..." But take special note that when JESUS commanded them to leave, they all did...instantly.

The 2nd encounter can be read about in Matthew 9:32-34, this one is very short: "As they went out, behold, they brought to Him a dumb man possessed with a devil. And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spoke..." In this scenario there was intercession, for it says "They brought to Him..."

The 3rd instance is located in Matthew 12:22, and it also is short. It says: "Then was brought unto Him one possessed with a devil, blind and dumb: and He (JESUS) healed him..."

Number 4 encounter is found in Matthew 15:21-28 (and Mark 7:24-30). This instance involves a pagan woman's faith in JESUS' power. Remember the story? How this heathen woman badgered JESUS about healing her daughter who was possessed by a demon. Because of her persistence, JESUS declared, "O woman, great is your faith, be it unto you even as you want." This account concludes, "And her daughter was made whole that very hour." There was a Prayer Warrior (the mother) but her daughter was not present. Notice though, all the Savior said was "...be it unto you even as you want", and the daughter was instantly delivered

Encounter 5 is in Mark 9:14-29 (Matthew 17:14-21; Luke 9:37-43). This is the longest of the encounters. JESUS had been up on the mount with three of His disciples, while down below the other nine have been asked to cast a demon out of a boy, but they weren't able. The story indicates that the disciples did try (v.18), but nothing happened. Then JESUS arrived on the scene, and the boy's dad explained the situation, finishing with "If You can do anything---"

JESUS replied, "All things are possible to those who believe." To which the father responded, "I believe, help my unbelief!" Then JESUS rebuked the unclean spirit (v.25), saying, "You dumb and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him, and never enter him again." Immediately, the demon left.

The 6th encounter is in Mark 16:9. No story this time, only a reference to an accomplished fact: "When JESUS rose early the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven devils."

Finally, encounter 7, found in Luke 4:33-36. According to this story, it happened on the Sabbath while JESUS was in church. As He stood up to speak a shrieking demon thrusts the man he possesses into JESUS' presence. "But JESUS rebuked him, saying, 'Be silent, and come out of him!' And the demon threw the man down, and came out of him."

REMEMBER, these texts are more than just stories; they are given to teach us, Prayer Warriors, in particular, our Commander-in-Chief's methods of demon-busting. Each of these Scriptures records an important point for us to remember in our encounters:

First,) JESUS contact in each is brief. Webster's New World Dictionary defines the word brief as short duration, short in length; few words; concise.

Second) When JESUS cast out one demon, or thousands, He did them all at one time; NOT one at a time.

Third) When cast out, the demon (or demons), devils, evil spirits...whatever, left---immediately.

Fourth) A Prayer Warrior, or Intercessor/Petitioner did not need to be present with the victim to cast out evil.

Each of these characteristics or traits is vital for Prayer Warriors, as well as Christian regulars, to know.

All our spiritual battles belong to our Commander-in-Chief, and victory is assured (Exodus 14:13,14). But that assurances depends on who we know. Daniel 11:32 says it well: "The people who know GOD shall be strong and do great exploits."

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That’s It What Are We Doing With God’s Word? We love this;

Don't miss the impact here that every time satan tempted JESUS, the only weapon our Commander-in-Chief used was the Sword of the SPIRIT, which is the Word of GOD! By this example, we are again reminded of the importance of immersing and saturating our minds with Scripture.

"Then He (JESUS) called...and gave them (His followers) power and authority over all devils..." ~Luke 9:1.

"Behold, I (JESUS) give unto you (My followers) power...over all the power of the enemy..." ~Luke 10:19.

Those are our orders, issued by our Commander-in-Chief. But what are we to do with them?

NOTICE, JESUS recognized satan, his demons, evil spirits, and devils as real; and gave us the low down about their modus operandi. But He reminds us that these are not just some pesky little creatures bent on annoying humans. They are, instead, cold, calculating, resourceful, cannot be appeased or pacified: AND they are out to destroy you and me...everyone...families, nations, but particularly Christians.

Now let us consider JESUS' methodology (John 14:6) in getting rid of demons and devils from human beings. If you are interested in this type of ministry...or if confronted by a demon-possessed individual... you will want to know the only true way to success. So I invite you to examine the record, GOD's Word, and we will start in Matthew 4:1-11, which describes CHRIST's encounters with satan in the wilderness.

• We as believers must always speak the word, live the word, and walk according to the word. It the word of God that give us victory over sin, and temptation.

• It is important to study the life of Jesus Christ. Knowing and understanding how he delivered and cast out demons is important for everyone of us. The Lord cast out demons all at one time not one at a time! The Lord rebuked the spirits and then cast it out of the deaf and dumb. 

• Now "Hhofesh" means Freedom in Hebrew while Hheroth is even stronger and means something closer to liberty in English, but probably not the same. In the Strong's Concordance the word freedom is chuphshah. As we talk about freedom we see in John 8:36 whom the Son sets free is free indeed for us to be totally free we have to have a life in Jesus Christ. For we are bound up with pass life experiences, we are beat over the head with failures and mistakes of life, we are reminded of what we should of did but failed to do but in order to give it all to Jesus we must look at Matthew 11:29 which states Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Come get connected with Jesus, get a personal relationship with Him that whatever you may be going through Jesus will help you carry the load. 

• Amen amen this is was good to read about Jesus in action step by step Lord be with me give me the right word to say when casting out let scriptures come back to my remeberance in Jesus name Amenn

• We as children of GOD have to know and obey how to be able to cast out demons because now if you remember that JESUS obeyed his father when he came up against satan and all JESUS said IS IT IS WRITTEN IT IS WRITTEN. AMEN.

• Amen, its vital that we, know, understand and comprehend how Jesus eliminated demons once and for all.  It did not take a long time, the evil spirits left immediately and Jesus showed us how to cast out demons instantly.  Most importantly, Jesus knew his power, dominion and authority over demons and they knew it too.  Jesus showed us we can use the the Word of God and It Is Written and then put the Word of God after it to let the no name know, they do not have any power, authority nor dominion over you, but you have all three over them, in Jesus Name, Amen!!!

This reply was deleted.