3730117834?profile=originalWe have begun to discuss the levels of prophetic revelation from impressions to being caught up in Heaven such as Paul and John did in the New Testament. Generally, it makes sense that the more dramatic, or high level the revelation, the more important it is. Others seem to think that the more high level the revelation, the greater the ministry of the prophet, but neither of these may be the case. We have learned that the level of revelation is more related to the difficulty of the task than to the importance of the revelation or the level of the authority of the prophet. For this reason, when we go through seasons of not receiving many revelations, especially what we are calling high-level revelation, we should learn to be content, and use these times for sinking our roots deeper into sound Biblical truth, searching the Scriptures.

As the prophecies of the end times all make clear, as we get closer to the end of the age, the difficulties will be increasing. This is why we see in Joel 2 and Acts 2 that in the last days the level of prophetic revelation will likewise be increased. In these difficulties, we do need more clear guidance.

As this increase of revelation comes, we must keep in mind one basic truth about prophetic revelation – that prophetic revelation is never given for imparting or establishing doctrine. That is what the written Word was given for, and it alone has that purpose. You will find at the root of many heresies and false teachings that they were received through a prophetic revelation, or we should say a false prophetic revelation.

Prophetic revelation is for revealing the strategic or tactical will of the Lord, not for imparting doctrine. The written Word, which is our doctrine, is finished and no revelation will come from God to add to it or take away from it. Any that would presume to do this we should immediately judge as false prophecy, and reject it regardless of how it comes. About this, we can have no doubt.

Impressions, Discernment, and Words of Knowledge

Now we will go back to what we are calling the lower levels of revelation, starting with impressions. We will also start with the gift of discernment. The gift of discernment operates in different ways with different people. For example, Oral Roberts could feel what was wrong physically with another person when he put his hands on their head. Others can just focus on a person and start to feel things. These feelings, or impressions, are a revelation. Some of the greatest miracles in modern times resulted in these, which reveals how even the lowest level of revelation can be very important.

The way that the impression works is when a prophet operating in this way focuses on a person, they may start to feel a knee hurt and then know that this person has a knee problem. This is the way discernment often works with a healing ministry. Physical healing is the easiest kind of healing, and for moving into the realms of emotional or spiritual healing, the gift of "a word of knowledge" often works with discernment. This is the knowledge of something we could not know in the natural – we could look at someone and begin to remember something that we did not experience, but that person did. If we stay focused, the Lord can give us a word of truth about the situation that can set that person free from the consequences of the event.

These are just a couple of ways that the prophetic gifts can operate in relation to healing, but they can be used for virtually every other area of life as well. I learned that I could focus on a church and start to sense things just like I did when focusing on a person. I then learned to do it in relation to cities, then nations, and businesses – virtually anything that people are interested in or engaged with. Once, when the Lord showed a friend of mine which team was going to win the World Series and that there was a message in this, we both started getting the scores of the games in this Series before they were played. And no, I would not gamble with such knowledge, but there was a message in the scores as well as the ultimate outcome of that Series.

Seek to Do All Things in Obedience to God

A mature prophet can focus their gift on something or someone and start to see into them supernaturally, but we should only want to see what is useful to the work of the Lord. The gifts of the Spirit are not toys for entertaining us, but tools for doing the work of the Lord. This basic prophetic integrity, seeking to do all things in obedience to Him, can enable the Lord to give us more authority and revelation.

The way I know what the Lord wants me to focus on can come by prophetic directive or two other ways: 1) by love growing in my heart for something that I know is not a natural love that I have, or 2) by what is called in the Old Testament "the burden of the word of the Lord" (Zechariah 9:1; 12:1). These are important for us to understand if we are going to stay on course with our gifts.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Maturing in the Prophetic and the Purpose of Prophecy

This statement is so true, because as in the beginning of Acts, Jesus ended his time of that age. The time of that age of actually walking with the disciples increase into the Holy Spirit walking and operating. And their difficulties increase the more. Great teaching

As the prophecies of the end times all make clear, as we get closer to the end of the age, the difficulties will be increasing. This is why we see in Joel 2 and Acts 2 that in the last days the level of prophetic revelation will likewise be increased. In these difficulties, we do need more clear guidance.

• Amen great read i know that when i pray the Lord speaks to me words of encouragement and empowerment. This gift is really amazing to hear yah speak clearly. In addition, i have sensed or sometimes even felt things before they happened great gift.

• Syllubus Notes:

We have learned that the level of revelation is more related to the difficulty of the task than to the importance of the revelation or the level of the authority of the prophet. For this reason, when we go through seasons of not receiving many revelations, especially what we are calling high-level revelation, we should learn to be content, and use these times for sinking our roots deeper into sound Biblical truth, searching the Scriptures.

in Joel 2 and Acts 2 that in the last days the level of prophetic revelation will likewise be increased. In these difficulties

that prophetic revelation is never given for imparting or establishing doctrine.

Impressions, Discernment, and Words of Knowledge

Now we will go back to what we are calling the lower levels of revelation, starting with impressions. We will also start with the gift of discernment. The gift of discernment operates in different ways with different people. For example, Oral Roberts could feel what was wrong physically with another person when he put his hands on their head. Others can just focus on a person and start to feel things. These feelings, or impressions, are a revelation

The way that the impression works is when a prophet operating in this way focuses on a person, they may start to feel a knee hurt and then know that this person has a knee problem. This is the way discernment often works with a healing ministry. Physical healing is the easiest kind of healing, and for moving into the realms of emotional or spiritual healing, the gift of "a word of knowledge" often works with discernment. This is the knowledge of something we could not know in the natural 

• I agree we do need more clear guidance. As individuals we do need discernment. It's important to know the difference between our flesh speaking & God. my concern is, when you have  previous knowledge with a person an you prophecie...How do you know it's not you actually speaking ,but the Holy Spirit ? This is answered in the mature prophet.

I enjoyed this article, because it was interesting, informative, had me thinking and will help me explain it a little bit better to others when they ask me.

I will re-read those scriptures to get more revelation. I like to learn about the prophetic including office of the Prophet and gifts of prophecy.

• There has been times when I have had such a heaviness upon me, uneasiness followed by waking up every morning between 330am and 430am.  Its amazing the Power God has that allowed me to have this Spirit of Discernment whereas I could go before him in Prayer.to war in the Spirit ....I thank God for this gift.

• Empowering reading and as I was looking at the verse that were given at the end of the reading Zechariah 9:1  the eyes of a man...shall be toward the Lord. Because of God's promises, Israel would turn to the Lord for deliverance as would many others. The results would be judgment on the various  nations around Israel who had caused them so much suffering. Alexander the Great brought an initial but only partial fulfillment of this prophecy in 332 B.C.  We can also look over in Malachi 1:1-4 when Malachi prophesied about 100 years after the first exiles had returned from Babylon to their homeland. Although the people had initially responded to their commitment to Him, diminished as the years went by. About 430 B.C. Malachi confronted the people with their lack of trust in God, their insincere worship and their refusal to obey God's law.  So what I am getting out of this last paragraph is that those that we that are in the body of Christ has to display agape love towards the world. As God warned them many times by Malachi and Zechariah and even by the prophets of today. As the people have refused to serve God as Esau and his descendants so that they would receive blessings and as we look at those today we see the same things how people refuse to serve God even after being warned. But those who are prophets or even leaders in the body of Christ have to display the love and the trust in God,

• Pastor Robin, 

That is an very important part...Love. You are right..even today, people are refusing to serve God even after the warning.

• Bless you Pastor Robin, you are absolutely correct; we must spread Agape love to the world. One thing God had said to me we are out here trying to take people to the Promise land. People are out in Egypt stuck in spiritual slavery in bondage. It is his desire for us to Compel the people to come unto him. HalleluYAH

• Amen amen. I agree about the senese i too can focus on a story someone said they were in and i can feel they emotion and how happy they were and or sad they were i can in a feel the hurt. Or if someone has a headache i can discern that. Too. It a wired and cool all at the same time. 

• Amen Prophetes Dominique. I know it can be wired & cool at same time. That's a real deep connection to feel like that (an honor). Some times in intercession I feel their pain or heaviness.

This reply was deleted.