ADD TO YOUR FAITH -- PATIENCE Patience is a God given characteristic. It is restraint (limitation of liberty, control over emotions & impulses, to hold back, curb, repress) in the face of opposition or oppression. Often the word patience is translated as longsuffering; which means long holding out of the mind before it gives room to anger. God is a beautiful example of patience with us: In dealings with sinful man. In His protecting as being our JEHOVAH-RAPHA In the rainbow He gave as a promise to us In many times of restoring Israel after they had sinned In sparing Nineveh In repeated pleadings with Jerusalem In His deferment of the 2nd Coming so that more people would be given opportunity to be drawn into His family. All of these examples were expressions of His patience. WE are to show the same characteristic in dealing with others. The Christian needs patience both with people, things or in situations that come our way. PATIENCE IS ALSO KNOW AS ENDURANCE Matt 24:13 says, “He who endures (inference to patience) to the end will be saved.” Mark 13:13. All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm (or endures) to the end will be saved. Here Mark deals with the end times. Endurance and holding out = patience. This is the kind of patience we must develop NOW. We will have to be patient both with people and circumstances in the days to come. Luke 21:19 says, “By standing firm you will gain life” NAS. The KJV says, “In your patience possess ye your souls”. Rev 3:10 says, “Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.” NIV James 5:10-11 says, “Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy”. Endurance = Patience. You have all heard of the phrase “the patience of Job.” This means Job’s endurance (patience), longsuffering and perseverance in the midst of his trials or sufferings. Heb 10:36 says, “For you have need of endurance (or patience), so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised”. GOD IS OUR SOURCE OF PATIENCE! This characteristic comes from Him. We need this characteristic badly. God in His grace allows us to go through trials, so that we can produce patience in which we possess our soul. We are told that we are to “count it all JOY when we come into divers temptations or trials or testing” why? Because it produces patience. Patience is also perfected in waiting. “And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ” (2 Thes 3:5). We tend to want sometime NOW! But we learn to wait for the appointed time. We learn to stay off our anger when others do us an injustice. We learn how to handle ourselves in the midst of tough circumstances. It’s easy when all is well; it is when the temperature gets turned up, that our godliness and patience have a change to come forth. I believe patience is a godly trust in our Father to: 1) take care of us, 2) provide our needs, 3) defend us, 4) take vengeance on behalf of us and 5) protect us. When we TRUST we have no need to be upset, to fret, worry and become impatient, because we are in His hands and He will take care of us and our problem. Remember what Jesus said, “Cast all your cares upon Me for I careth for you.” Therefore, let us not waiver or doubt. He loves us far more than we can even fathom. Are we not more important than the lilies of the field or the sparrows that fall from a tree? Let’s hold fast with confidence dear ones, remembering to add patience to our faith AND ALWAYS KNOW YOU ARE A QUEEN WITH RICHES SITTING IN HEAVENLY PLACES!!!!.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ne'Eman I like that how we must be patience in every area of our lives we must trust in our God knowing that he has our back 100%. I know at time I use to doubt but no more double minded it doesn't get us no where. Because at the end of  the day we hold back our own blessing. So patience is the key to everything.

• Ne'eman yes having patients is very important and can be challenging for some. Lets remember how patient God has been with us. It's only right we do it to each other. I believe showing patients is a true sign that you a child of God because you had to obtain it from him.

• My God, Patience is something we must have as God chosen Leadershifters!  We must wait patiently on God and be patient with each other.  We must understand that being impatient tends to bring stress!  Being impatient tends to yield the results we do not want nor desire nor need!  Stay patient and stay focused in God!!!

• Over the years, we have heard people say, “don’t ask for patience”, because you’ll really go through some stuff. We would wonder what they were saying; so, we ask God to show us what they meant, God begin to share. He said there is no Trust In Him, when patience become hard for someone”. We was like “OH”, when we don’t trust or rely on God nothing will come for us, we will become frustrated, angry, upset, and even get mad at God, then we are really out of order.  Yes, we have felt that nothing was happening in our lives, but the more we build our relationship with God, we begin to see things clearer, knowing He was actually building an incredible You, from You. My God, creating “Faith, Stability, fine tuning what’s in us already. As Mosses; he didn’t change him he fine tuned what was there, from Him creating Him. My God this is awesome.

• Ne'eman i have to say im guilty of asking for patients. But i know better now. Glory we learning everyday.

• Blessings Pastor Patricia(Hosts) why do you think people tell us not to ask for patience? Do you think is because they do not follow it themselves, or because they simply lack knowledge on what it means? Can you please explain it to the class in details?

• In your patience, possess ye your souls.
    ] By patiently bearing all afflictions, reproaches, indignities, and persecutions, enjoy yourselves; let nothing disturb or distress you; possess that peace and joy in your souls, which the world cannot take away; see ( Romans 5:3-5 ) . The Vulgate Latin, Syriac, Arabic, and Ethiopic versions read, "ye shall possess": and the sense may be this; by patient continuance, or by perseverance in the ways of God, and the truths of Christ unto the end, ye shall be saved; shall find your lives, and enjoy your souls, as in ( Matthew 10:22 ) ( 24:13 ) .

Jame 5: 10 Brothers and sisters, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophetswho spoke in the name of the Lord. 11 As you know, we count as blessedthose who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance  and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

Lord give me the patience, I need at this time amen. 

This reply was deleted.