Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world (1 John 4:1).
Today’s Devotional The 15 wisdom issues listed below will help us learn how to wisely judge the various forms of revelation we will encounter in our adventure with Christ.
1. Search for proper exegesis and Scriptural context.
2. Focus on Jesus.
3. Major on the “main and plain” things.
4. Follow biblical principles—not the rigid letter of the law.
5. Build bridges. We must keep ourselves clean from spiritual pride.
6. Honor and pray for leaderShifters and leaders.
7. Be aware of times and seasons. We can predetermine by His guidance, but also welcome spontaneous occurrences.
8. Let love rule.
9. Maintain SWAY(Supernatural Wisdom All Year) not balance. There is a godly tightrope of dynamic tension between the reality of subjective experience and biblical doctrine.
10. Understand the relationship of divine initiation and human response. Although some external, visible, and audible signs are divinely initiated, some of them are human responses and reactions to the Holy Spirit.
11. Be known by your fruits.
12. Perceive the works of God and the motives of people.
13. Control your flesh and cooperate with God.
14. Be alert and aware. Let us search the Scriptures, review Church history, seek the Lord, and receive input from those who are wiser and more experienced than us.
15. Avoid spiritual ditches. There are two deep ditches we should avoid. We should watch out for analytical skepticism and fear (of people, rejection, fanaticism, and so forth).
Looking over the 15 items above, evaluate where you currently stand in each one(please be honest with God, yourself, and the Holy Spirit):
1. How does your personality affect the rating of the wisdom items above?
2. Pick three of the wisdom issues that you have rated most operational in your life. Pick three that is the highest, and three that is the lowest. How will you help transfer these to someone else? How can you formally or informally mentor him or her?
3. Look at the three wisdom issues that you rated the lowest. What will you do to bring them forward?
4. Do you see any of these wisdom issues as more important than the others? Why or why not?
Meditation If you can’t jump in the middle of it, bless it. If you can’t bless it, then patiently observe it.
If you can’t patiently observe it, then just don’t criticize it!
Do not stretch out the rod of your tongue against those things you do not understand!
What does this mean to you?