Week Ten(DQ)..

Why did Jesus tell the Disciples to follow me, and I will make you fishermen of men?

What do it mean to be a disciple?

Why do you think Jesus told the disciples to leave everything behind?

Do you think you could leave everything behind to follow Jesus?

Why do you think the body of Christ do not walk in true demonstrations, as the Disciples did in the biblical times?

(Math 4-vs-19)

19 And He said to them, Come after Me [as disciples—letting Me be your Guide], follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men!

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• : I think Jesus knew the power he possessed and if the men followed him they would too have that same power

: a disciple is one who learns from his teacher (Jesus) and learns with intent to share the teachings with other men also a disciple is one who will deny their self and take up their cross, one who loves God more then self and others.

: I think when your going to try and lead the people in the right path (to God) you have to be focus no distractions none whatsoever.

: Yes because Jesus is amazing and he's my boss basically he gets to tell me what to do.

: I think the body of christ do not walk in the same demonstration as the disciples did in bible days be we don't have enough faith and we are too stuck on worldly things and doing things the way we think they should be instead of living our lives fully by the sword of the spirit (which is the word of God).

• Jesus told the Disciples that so that they may learn from Jesus how to bring in lost souls. A Disciple is a learner and a adherent, they heal and preach the Gosple. For God will provide for them when they leave everything behind. I will trust in God in my walk knowing God will provide. The body of Christ today must be willing to pay a price for the plans of their life for God and fully trust in God to fully commit.
  • So he could teach them how to fish for people. A disciple is One who is willing and able to do Gods work a student and a leader appointed by God. I think God told them to leave everything behind because he wanted them to trust Him. And so they can know he wilk protect them and take care of them. If Jesus told me to leave i Everything behind I wi. it will be hard but if God assures me and gives me a sign its him I will do it. for some of us in minstry its because they caught up and stuck in they religious wayys. Instead of doing things God way following all his instructions and doing as he tells them to do.
  • JESUS told the disciples to follow him so that that he reach the ways of GOD GODLINESS HOLINESS RIGHTEOUSNESS AND TO EQUIP THEM FIT WHAT THEY WAS ASSIGNED TO DO. EXPerince IS the best teacher so by following CHRIST that could watch him work and see how things are to be done.
    To be A DISCIPLE IS TO BE A LEARNER OR STUDENT.
    JESUS TOLD THEM TO LEAVE EVERYTHING BEHIND BECAUSE HE WANTED TO TEACH THEN ABOUT FAITH IN FAITH IN GOD. THEY HAD TO TRUST AND BELIEVE IN GIG AND HIS WORD THAT HE WOULD PROVIDE FIT THEIR EVERY NEED. THEY HAD TO PUT THEIR ALL INTO THEIR MINISTRY AND NO ONE AND NOTHING COULD COME BEFORE GOD AND WHAT HE ASSIGNED them TO DO.
    I THINK THAT THE BODY CHRIST DUES NOT WALK IN TRUE DEMONSTRATION LIKE THE DISCIPLES OF OLD BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T GIVEN UP EVERYTHING THEY THEY DID IN BIBLE DAYS
  • JESUS told the disciples to follow him so that that he reach the ways of GOD GODLINESS HOLINESS RIGHTEOUSNESS AND TO EQUIP THEM FIT WHAT THEY WAS ASSIGNED TO DO. EXPerince IS the best teacher so by following CHRIST that could watch him work and see how things are to be done.
    To be A DISCIPLE IS TO BE A LEARNER OR STUDENT.
    JESUS TOLD THEM TO LEAVE EVERYTHING BEHIND BECAUSE HE WANTED TO TEACH THEN ABOUT FAITH IN FAITH IN GOD. THEY HAD TO TRUST AND BELIEVE IN GIG AND HIS WORD THAT HE WOULD PROVIDE FIT THEIR EVERY NEED. THEY HAD TO PUT THEIR ALL INTO THEIR MINISTRY AND NO ONE AND NOTHING COULD COME BEFORE GOD AND WHAT HE ASSIGNED them TO DO.
    I THINK THAT THE BODY CHRIST DUES NOT WALK IN TRUE DEMONSTRATION LIKE THE DISCIPLES OF OLD BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T GIVEN UP EVERYTHING THEY THEY DID IN BIBLE DAYS
    done.to - a really cool domain parked on Park.io
    The domain name done.to is being parked on Park.io. Contact the domain owner to make an offer right now...
  • (Matthew Chapter 4-Verse-19)

19 And He said to them, Come after Me [as disciples—letting Me be your Guide], follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men!

Why did Jesus tell the Disciples to follow me, and I will make you fishermen of men?  Jesus told them, “ that if they wanted to follow him, he would make them fishers of men.”  Jesus was saying, that they would be fishers of men’s souls who needed to be saved from darkness and come into the light and follow Jesus.

What do it mean to be a disciple?  A steward learner or pupil who were taught instruction, knowledge and training on the positive side.

Why do you think Jesus told the disciples to leave everything behind?  Jesus told them to leave everything behind from their past to their worldly possessions and to follow him.  He wanted to bring them Everlasting Life, Peace and wanted to take them from the flesh into the Spirit.

Do you think you could leave everything behind to follow Jesus?  Yes, I can leave all of this behind me and follow Jesus.  I am excited and glad to follow Jesus and to leave all of my earthly possessions behind me.  Where Jesus is taking me, I have everything I need, because he has already taken care of it!!!

Why do you think the body of Christ do not walk in true demonstrations, as the Disciples did in the biblical times?  Because the do not have the empathy, compassion nor the Love of Christ in them like the Disciples did during Biblical Times.  They are caught up in their title within the Church, verses walking freely in true demonstrations, as Disciples should do during this time when Billions of People need to be saved.

• I believe that Jesus knew he had a great commission to forfilled,and to get them ready to draw the souls into the kingdom.

A disciple means a learner, one who follows anothers teaching,and iminator of the word,

Jesus compel to them to leave everything behind  to test their faith, and to insure them I got this! Also to seperate them completely from their old life, so they can step into the new beginnings!

It would be honor, and privilege to forsake all for God,. Yes i would do so again.

The world  systems has creeped into a sleeping church. The church is not seeking,asking,and knocking after the thing of God. Without God as the forefront of the church,your life,and ministries demonstration will be few! 

• Jesus seen where God can use them by following him. Jesus had a plan for those who follow him.

He will make them fishers of many souls. ( Harvest ) A true disciple follows and loves God.

God wants to be first. Let things go and give it to God. The body of Christ of  some areas is not putting on the whole armor of God. It could be the  reason why they are not acting like disciples, and  the ways of a

disciple.

Peace and Love:

Prophetess Carolyn A. Bighum

• Jesus told them to leave all behind because he will supply all there needs according to his riches and glory

to be a disciple is to eat his word to trust and obey his commandment

they don't want to listen our obey him and they don't fear god anymore

• Hello Kizzie,

Disciples are followers and lovers of Christ.  And yes, I agree, they would put their lives on the line for Jesus' ministry.

Kizzie Jones said:

The Reason Jesus Told the Disciples To Follow Him in He Would make Them Fisherman of many Cause if they Would Follow Jesus in Learn from Jesus they would be able to save A lot of lost Souls in the world.Disciples or some one who love Jesus in Would put there life on the line for Jesus.Disciples was followers in Workers Of Jesus to win over Souls for the father.Jesus wanted the Disciples To trust Him That God Would make away for them in would replace everything they left Behind Following Jesus.I would leave it All behind to follow after Jesus For I Could be with the father at the end..
This reply was deleted.