SEER'S DEVOTIONAL REALM DAY 2

Formerly in Israel, when a man went to inquire of God, he used to say, “Come, and let us go to the seer”; for he who is called a prophet now was formerly called a seer (1 Samuel 9:9).

Today’s Devotional Within the overall realm of the prophet lies the particular and distinctive realm of the seer. The word seer describes a particular type of prophet who receives a particular type of prophetic revelation or impartation. When it comes to prophetic revelation, a prophet is primarily an inspired hearer and then speaker, while a seer is primarily visual. In other words, the prophet is the communicative dimension, and the seer is the receptive dimension.

Whereas nabiy´ emphasizes the active work of the prophet in speaking forth a message from God, ra´ah and
chozeh focus on the experience or means by which the prophet “sees or perceives” that message.

All true seers are prophets, but not all prophets are seers. A prophet may have the particular grace to hear and proclaim the word of the Lord, yet not necessarily function as profusely in the revelatory visionary capacity as a seer does. The seer, on the other hand, may move quite remarkably in this visionary dream capacity, yet not be as deep in the inspirational audible graces of hearing and speaking.

Nevertheless, both move and operate in the prophetic realm, but in different capacities or dimensions.

1. One difference between a prophet and a seer is that a prophet hears revelation and speaks it while a seer sees revelation. Have you or anyone you know ever experienced these two types of revelation? What happened?

2. A seer is the receptive dimension of prophetic revelation, and the prophet is the communicative dimension. How does this help explain that all true seers are prophets, but not all prophets are seers?

3. What kind of faith does it take for a prophet to speak forth a message from God? What safeguards do you think a prophet should take to be sure the message is really what he or she has heard?

4. When a seer receives a prophetic revelation, how is it received? How does the seer’s picture or vision bring God’s revelation to others? Does the seer need to always speak
what he or she sees?

5. From your experience, comment on seers and prophets and their usefulness in the Body of Christ. What are some of your immediate reactions to this teaching? Have you seen positive results from it?

Meditation The seer realm of prophetic anointing has a lot to do with quietly waiting on God. Quite often, impartation in the seer realm comes only after a time of patient waiting and contemplative meditation upon the Lord. But thank the Lord, if we wait, He will come!

How much time do you spend waiting on God during an average day? During an average week? Is God asking you to increase your time waiting on Him so that He might impart more to you?

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

1. One difference between a prophet and a seer is that a prophet hears revelation and speaks it while a seer sees revelation. Have you or anyone you know ever experienced these two types of revelation? Yes, I have. What happened?

Many years ago, I received a word from God saying He was giving my so favor from the judge and years passed by and when he was older that word came to pass.

1. A seer is the receptive dimension of prophetic revelation, and the prophet is the communicative dimension. How does this help explain that all true seers are prophets, but not all prophets are seers?

The word seer describes a particular type of prophet who receives a particular type of prophetic revelation or impartation. According to Strong’s Concordance, the old Testament uses two words primarily to refer to a seer: ra’ah and chozeh. Ra’ah literally means “to see,” particularly in the sense of seeing visions.  Other meanings are “gazer” to look upon and to perceive. Chozeh means a beholder in vision and can be translated as gazer or stargazer. A Prophet (nabiy) and a seer (ra’ah or chozeh) are well-defined. Prophetic revelation, a prophet is an inspired hearer and speaker and emphasizes on the active work of speaking forth God’s message.

1. What kind of faith does it take for a prophet to speak forth a message from God? What safeguards do you think a prophet should take to be sure the message is really what he or she has heard?

It takes strong faith in God and the safeguard is staying in the presence of God and a strong word life.

1. When a seer receives a prophetic revelation, how is it received? How does the seer’s picture or vision bring God’s revelation to others? Does the seer need to always speak what he or she sees?

They receive visions, dreams and not always will they speak it forth.

1. From your experience, comment on seers and prophets and their usefulness in the Body of Christ. What are some of your immediate reactions to this teaching?

I have experience both seer and prophet while in church and in my own home. We have both seers and Prophets in our family.

Have you seen positive results from it? Yes, for sure.

Meditation The seer realm of prophetic anointing has a lot to do with quietly waiting on God. Quite often, impartation in the seer realm comes only after a time of patient waiting and contemplative meditation upon the Lord. But thank the Lord, if we wait, He will come!

How much time do you spend waiting on God during an average day? During an average week?

Not enough time but glory to God, I am obliged to spend that quality time waiting on God.

Is God asking you to increase your time waiting on Him so that He might impart more to you?

Absolutely Yes

•  1. Im not sure if this count but once I was in a toxic relationship and I had a dream and in that dream I saw how because of that toxic relationship the authorities were going to get involved mind you their were kids also involved in the mix of the toxic relationship but even though the authorities were involved my kids did not get token away they worked with us that was my dream and in real life the authorities did get involved with us because of the toxic relationship was not in the kids best interest they could of taking them but by the grace of God they did nit get token just like in my dream. I now know that, that was God warning me in my dream.

2. Im not sure if I truly understand the concept of the seer and the prophet but if I had to guess I would say that because the seer is receptive It sees beyond what a prophet may hear and doesn't see and can still minister the word of truth by what it has seen even if it doesn't seen logical or natural.

3. I believe the kind of Faith where when you heard a message on the inside of you and you know this is not something you would normally say and it's something positive something that will be a problem solver to another person then you know it's God, the kind of Faith where you don't question what God has said and no matter what you believe and trust God wholeheartedly. And the safeguards I think a prophet should take is fast so they can hear God clearly get out of their flesh so they can hear clearly and pray and listen for God's voice and and line it up with God word to make sure it's really from God.

4. I believe it is received through a dream or a vision or maybe even a picture. and whatever they have seen from God they can minister it to the people but no they don't have to always speak it because from what I heard from a friend that God may not always want you to speak what you have seen you have to wait for his instructions and they can always draw a visual picture as well.

5. To be honest I can't say that I have any personal experiences

6. I have to be honest I don't think I spend enough time in meditation seeking waiting on God to impart wisdom into me, I definitely have to put that into practice more after reading this devotion. yes I believe God wants me to put in more effect so he can impart more into me.

• 1. Answer. Yes, I myself was the prophetess that expeince hearing God well as see the revelation. I was being told a dreama and i could actually picture the situation and i was told in great detail. And God was letting me know speaking through me what it ment. Another time was when i was bein prayed for and the leader that prayed for me stared off seeing in the spirit first then spoke into my life and it was confirmaton for me. It came to past that i would be a prophetess and here i am.

2. Answer. Sometime we prophetess or prophets see in our sleep but can hear well what God is saying we can hear him. Rather Seers can do both. They can actually see the picture and can even draw it up for those thats are Great at drawing in detail. both can give you a message that will come to past from God. The Seer can tell you what they see as well as what they hearing Spiritually and the Prophet can tell you what they hear just because they didnt see it dosent mean what was said wont come to past. So no not all Prophets are Seers.

3. Answer. It will take Strong Confidence faith to go forth and speak the message God has given you. For me for safe Guards while praying and fasting and meditating after im done i will get this feeling if the feeling isnt there that this isnt what God desire me to speak i will go back and seek him again until his voice become a little louder that this is what he wants me to speak. For me i know heard correctly when it hits me and i havent looked at a scripture or heard him speak to me in a way i wouldnt to myself. 

4. A seers revelation is received through visions photo pictures from theere second sight. A seer can show others by telling you all that they see in the visions rather a place or they can draw you what they see like for example a moutian or person or place they can explain what it means as well while explaining the vision if God is speaking through them on how to explain it to you. No the Seer dosent always have to explain what they see if God has told them to wait and to not reveal this just yet they can not go in to explaining all what they saw. Only mention what God has told them too. 

5. Answer. My immendate reaction was ok now i have to tell everyone a little about me and what i go through as a prophetess/seer lol i felt i was explainging who i am. Yes I have seen Positive results from this teaching yes. Ne'Eman i felt like thi is a reminder of who am and whose i am. 

A Day. 10mins all together in a week 60min. Yes God is asking me to increase.

1. Yes, for myself and others. We would be praying rather it's for someone special or generally praying we begin to see things, as well as God will show us something in a vision, But for ourselves we know that we are a prophet more so than a Seer, we see some of the time, but we don’t flow as a Seer.
    2. This helps us to distinguish between what a person has been truly called in, gifted as. A Seer has to be prophetic in order to see what God is showing, as a Seer is God eyes, actually visualizing the prophetic revelation. Prophets are God’s ears, hear prophetically, hears deeply the revelation of what God is saying through revelation, but not seeing as a Seer, what the revelation is.
    3. An unbreakable Faith, A undeniable Faith, A Faith that won’t waver, A Faith of true obedience. HalleluYAH…My God, what safeguard, we believe a “serious-minded, significant, genuine relationship with God has a lot to do with it, a connection that is absolutely profoundly strengthened by a secure connection. Fasting, Praying, Studying God’s Word. It’s only when we fail to seek God, when we feel we got it without spending enough time with God, when times comes for us to be off, possibly to show us, that God is real and if we don’t have and keep a close connection, a genuine relationship, a fasting and prayer life, it will causes a malfunction in what we are saying.
    4. Sometimes through dreams, or vision, we believe sometimes they see prophetically through a movie on TV or a place where they are. He can bring forth the vison/picture or what he/she sees through prayer or prophesying to someone or group. The Seer will speak only if God tells him/her, it could be a showing for a future revealing.  We must be taught and learn how to wait.
    5. Seers and Prophets are greatly useful in the body of Christ, when allowed to be used.
    6. The teaching is always great; and we find ourselves revisiting our actions, and what we are doing in our lives, and make adjustments to become better. We have begun to spend more time with God, waiting on Him, Last Tuesday 3/31 was a different realm and God was speaking Wait. After that He took us deeper into it’s meaning. So our time is growing more and more with God.
  • 1: Yes I have experienced both of theses type of revelations. When I was 11 years old, my mother had just given her life to the Lord. So we was going to church  for Tuesday prayer. We being to pray as we was praying the Lord shown us a vision of Hell and what it looks like, it wasvnot pretty. He told me it could look way worser if his people won't listen to him. I have forgotten all about that vision and especially what he told me in the vision. The second one , I used to prophecy to differnt women of God aout their lives. And what God want to say to them. So he will use me to prophecy and they will come back and tell me I was right I was say it wasn't me it was the Lord that told me. 

2: It goes back to my comment that I just described to the first question. If you are a prophet and you can see a vision or if God call you by your name and ask you. Prophetess Lapresha, What Do You See? And if you describe it and it comes to life, then you are a seer. However, If you are a prophet and you can't see what God is telling you. However, you can hear him then you are a prophet. I will say to be a true prophet or a true seer, your heart has to be right and pure in the Lord and not to have any motives . You also must believe ing yourcellf.

3: You must ask God to give you the words to say let it not be my words but your words Lord. You must decrease your flesh out and to bring forth your spirit man in. When God give you a word or a message for someone. The number one rule is to ALWAYS ask him. Is this what you desire for me to say to your people or to that person. You must ALWAYS ask to make sure your are listening well. 

4:  It depends on the vision and if the Lord says to tell the people what you have just seen then you speak. However, If he gives you a vision and he desires you to do something else far as pray for the vision you just seen or fast for the vision you just seen. It all depends on what God tell us to do in that vision. 

5: From my experience as being a prophet is that we are very used full in the body of Christ because prophets are the voice of God and if no one can hear God but the prophets then the prophets comes to deliver an message from the Lord. If a person was asking God a question and that person haven't got an answer until the Prophet told them what the Lord said to them. That's how are prophets is used for to warn God's people. A seer is great got for the body of Christ as well because God shows a seer what is going to take place. Or he shows you people lives when you see them. So a seer is to warn as well but to shown you what could happen if you don't change your ways.  Yes I have had some positive out come out of some of my vision. Some are still to come. 

Yes I most definitely can go more higher in my waiting time in the Lord. He always desire us to go higher in him. We gotta know it's a daily walk with him.  Not once out of a week but on a day to day bases. 

This reply was deleted.