For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy(Revelation 19:10b).
Today’s Devotional Essentially, the anointing is the supernatural enablement or grace— the manifested presence of the Holy Spirit—operating upon or through an individual or a corporate group to produce the works of Jesus. It means God with you and God in you; you are talking His talk and walking in His shadow. As an anointed people, we as the Body of Christ have been called to carry a prophetic burden, which will cause us to live on the cutting edge of God’s eternal purpose.
The prophetic ministry is but one aspect of the fivefold calling of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers. As such, it is resident to a degree in every ministry and is more evident and active in certain ones. God’s ultimate weapon is a man or a woman who has encountered the prophetic anointing. God does not anoint projects; He anoints people!
People anointed with a prophetic ministry speak the word of the Lord in the name of the Lord. They carry weight in the Church by virtue of the ethical, moral, and spiritual urgency of their messages. Their credentials, credibility, and status as prophetic vessels stem not from birth or by official designation, but by the power of their inner call and by the response of those who hear them.
1. If the anointing is supernatural enablement or grace from the Holy Spirit, how does the Spirit determine who receives it? Is it available to all believers? Why or why not?
2. Consider what it means to have a supernatural anointing upon a corporate group. How does this work? Have you experienced corporate anointing? How did it affect the individual participants as well as the entire group?
3. Explain the statement, “God with you and God in you; you are talking His talk and walking in His shadow.” How can people tell this is happening to you?
4. What is the “cutting edge of God’s eternal purpose”? How can we live there? What part do we play in this type of life?
5. Though the prophetic ministry is resident to a degree in every ministry, in which of the fivefold ministries is it more evident and active? Why?
Meditation The single most characteristic mark of true prophetic people is the evidence that they have stood in the counsel of God and have, therefore, faithfully declared what they heard from His mouth. Have you stood in the counsel of God? Have you been faithful to declare what you have heard from the Lord? Whether these experiences are new to you, or your life has been marked by multiple incidents, you still need to grow further in His presence. Plan time in your devotional time to wait and listen. Then follow through when you hear His direction.